alevok Guest

Is dextrose ok while dieting?

I bought some dextrose tabs that contains dextrose, citric acid, magnesium stearate, flavour. Does it fuck up my diet? Can I use it as a trainbooster before workout? Is it good to combine with Creatine?
    One more question, I eat 6 egg whites cooked and 12 egg whites raw a day. Does egg white contain too much salt? Do I retain water by eating that much of eggs?
    I appreciate you answers in advance.
    Peace bros and gals.

gorilla is offline Associate Member
    ok first i would have to urge you to cook your egg whites.....one bad egg and your in for a hurting, not only that but raw egg whites can block the absorption of biotin to your body, but thats only my opinion. As far as i know eggs whites contain little if any sodium. Lastly i would keep your dextrose for your post workout shake/meal, and up to about 75g post workout depending on your size and weight should be ok for a diet.

gorilla

demetri is offline Member
    Don't put salt on your eggs and you have nothing to worry about. Cooking the eggs is probablly a good idea. Eggs are good for a while out of the fridge but I don't trust eggs in Greece that are uncooked and I don't think that Turkey can be that much different.

If you're not concerned about blood sugar then there is no problem with the dextrose. It's sugar plain and simple, very high glycemic so it works great with creatine. Too much will fuck up your diet, a little will fuck up your diet if you're doing a keto diet.

alevok Guest
    Thanx guys for the advise, the reason why I eat my eggs raw is because we are out of protein powder in Turkey. Next shippment is coming in 3 weeks from US (universal). Waiting sucks big time.
    I have only 2.2lb of protein so instead of two scoops I put 1 scoop and 6 egg white raw just to make my last protein lasts longer.

demetri is offline Member
    I made my best gains over the last two years and I didn't use any whey protein. I didn't use any protein supplement at all.

I'm of the opinion that we take in too much protein in north america and I'd rather eat my protein than drink it. I'm not saying there's no room for protein supplements but I think you're doing just as good with the eggs.

alevok Guest
    You have a good point Demetri. All the media and advertisement make us believe that without commercial protein we get nowhere. All magazins say pros are using it so you should too. I believe in consuming protein from natural sources too, but when time is scarce and protein powder makes an less expensive offer I need to take my protein powder.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    For Dextrose take 0.5gm for every pound of bodyweight and you should be ok using it for dieting...XXL

To convert 1kg to a pound multiply by 2.2 (i see you are in europe, so i know you use metric system) 10kg x 2.2 = 22 lbs

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Dextrose is another form of sugar. I always try to avoid it.

Thread Information