wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver

Cutting Diet while maintaining as much muscle as possible?

Ok I am done with bulking. I have done two bulking cycles over the last year and a half and have pushed my weight from 236 @ 19%b/f to 263 lbs @ 19% b/f. I am now ready to do a 10-12 week cutting program and would like to utilize my diet as much as possible without adding stimulants or other dieting devices. My goal is to drop down to 11-13 % b/f with the loss of as little muscle as possible. Can someone reccommend the best diet for my goals. I know I should go with low carb, moderate fat and high protein but im not sure of how many carbs to start with. My activity level is relatively high and i will be doing 30 minutes of walking first thing in the morning. I have heard the Carb drop is good but not sure of how many carbs to start with and how many to drop down to. Also, I am also considering just eating healthier with moderate carbs/high protein/and low fats. Eating all good carbs except for post workout shake. would this be the best and healthiest thing for me or should I consider keto or something comparable?

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    this might be just me, but i would go with low fat, moderate carb, high protein instead. low carbs make you feel pretty crappy in general and it's no fun. stick to just eating the "good carbs" instead of drastically cutting out carbs in general. as far as how many carbs you should take in daily, i'm really in no postion to tell you, but i try to stick to a 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat ratio. but that's just me. it has been working pretty well for me though as i've cut 20 lbs. of fat off in the past couple months and added some muscle too. good luck bro

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    thanx bro

Shredder is offline Associate Member
    Diet as stated w/ some thermo and cla, and omegafats and take fina as low as 30mg eod should hlp ukeep mass becuse that drug is very anticatabolic.

NightOp is offline Member
    I would start by finding your maintenance caloric intake and then reduce that by 500-750 cals per day....

here is a good link for specifics > http://www.wannabebig.com/archive.php?catid=2 be sure to goto the bottom of the list of articles and check out the dieting basics.. it has some awesome formulas for caloric calculations on the 2nd page of the "dieting basics" article.

Thread Information