TheStromba is offline Associate Member

Proper Amounts of Calories, Protein,Carbs & Fat

I know that this question MUST have been answered a bunch of times before, but after searching I just came up empty.

I have just started a bulking cycle. I am 5'9' 170

How many Calories, Grams of Protein,Carbs,and fats should I be aiming for? I know that I just did not eat enough on my last cycle.

If someone can give me some guidelines, I'm sure I can design a suitable diet.

Thanks !

TheStromba is offline Associate Member
    Bump for me

Padawan is offline Associate Member
    There was a cool site that has a calorie counter for maintaining and gaining. At 170 I would say go for around 300g of protein, although I think there is a misconception about eating protein. I just read an article that quoted Jay Cutler as saying he only eats 300g of protein a day. There are guys here that eat waaaay more than that. I weigh 220, and I do about 250g a day, and I have been seeing excellent results, and I stopped shitting every two hours.

NightOp is offline Member
    http://www.wannabebig.com/archive.php?catid=2 goto that link... find the bottom article in the archives called Diet Basics.... goto the 2nd page of that.... then it has the calorie calculations/foruma's... very good page.

Thread Information