Terinox is offline The One & Only

Too much cottage cheese???

Alright, right now, my diet is "okay" and I do try and get a lot of protein in me, I get about 150grams or so. I know some people say I need more, like 200grams or so.

Anyways, I usually eat about 2 containers of cottage cheese per week (that's 1000 grams) Each container is 500g. Now, when I start my cycle in September, i'm planning on eating one container of cottage cheese EACH day. Now I was just wondering if this is not healthy or too much?

Nutritional Information

Energy 107 Cal (450kJ)
    Protein 15 g
    Fat 2.5 g
    Carbs 6.0 g

Now, that's only per 125g of serving, which means in ONE container, it's a total of 60grams protein, 10grams fat and 24grams carbs.

Is this okay? I will be eating one container SPLIT into two servings throughout the day. Plus lots of other stuff of course

What ya'll think? You guys eat lots of cottage cheese? Some people hate the taste, but I can just sit and eat one whole container alone with no problem. Mixing with fruits is also good idea

woodsy169 is offline Associate Member
    I eat a ton of cottage cheese!! I love the stuff...I eat four containers a week myself. I love the VIVA Lowfat on Ms. Baird's 7 grain honey wheat toast....it kicks ass! One container lasts me for two servings. I usually would eat one serving for breakfast, then put the rest on a small baked potato in the afternoon.

I don't see how it could be bad for you. You get a ton of quality protein and it tastes great to. I have been eating that much cottage cheese for several months now. I have maintained my weight, with no fat gains...body fat is going down, strength is going up.
    Last edited by woodsy169; 08-02-2002 at 09:41 AM.

LookingtoCut is offline Associate Member
    Cottage cheese is a great source of protien....As long as you are not competing...If so, then cut it out a week or 2 prior to your contest, just because it makes you appear flat. There was a post on cottage cheese, and I will try to locate it for you. But otherwise, GO FOR IT! I used to eat it everyday, but I'm sick of it now....lol

Thats great news, thnx for the feedback, good to know

I will continue to enjoy my cottage cheese

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    It has a lot of sodium, so if you're headed out to the beach....or the Ice skating rink , stick with more natural foods such as egg whites, lean meats, shakes and bars. But hell...its protein, and IMO you can't get enough so grab the spoon and start a shovelin.

I don't get it, sodium and the ice skating rink?

woodsy169 is offline Associate Member
    Salt makes the ice melt...LOL

Damn, I'm a little slow

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    It also makes you look like you're on 100mg drol and a gram of test....salt causes water retention...it's not bad, but if you wanna look dry and cut with your shirt off...see what I'm getting at?

btgw nice insite woodsy

Thnx for clearing that up Papa, I don't think at the moment i'm too worried about being cut, so it's all good! Cottage cheese...HERE I COME!!!

Thread Information