Snrf is offline Banned

Best protein bar?

I know everyone gives protein bars a lotta shit and they're generally garbage, however I'm going to China in 2 weeks for 2 weeks and although I know there'll be plenty of food available (first thing I checked) I don't know how much protein I'll be able to get so I'm going to be taking 50 protein bars to ensure I can get enough protein. (theres a gym there too so I'm set to continue my cycle, and I know I can travel with my test)

What are the best of the bars out there? I was thinking the Mega-Pro 50 which has

Energy: 299kcal
    Protein: 50g
    Carbohydrates: 13.5g
    Fat: 8g
    Fibre: 1g
    Sodium: 100mg

Any better ones out there that you guys know of? Most of them only have 20g of protein or like 50g of carbs

Before preaching at me, I did make sure theres a canteen open all day, I'm just not sure how much meat will be available, I got access to a gym every day I'm there and I can take my test with me.

Snrf

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Hey snrf...

what are your goals ... MRP?

I would say tri-o-plex because its made with oats and other "natural" ingredients.
    its about 400 cals, 30 grams of protein 16 net carbs and 5-8 grams of fat

or if you want lower carb bars

i would go with Eas myoplex carb sense. the only thing with those bars is that when the carb count drops the fat content rises pretty high.

Snrf is offline Banned
    thanks Faiz, not after MRP just after protein supplementation really. I would take a bunch of whey with me but not sure how Chinese customs will react to me arriving with a bunch of powder

I imagine the chinese food will be mostly noodles/rice/veg with lesser amounts of meat so I just wanna make sure I get enough protein to keep growing.

what do u think of the info on the mega-pro 50, I think that sounds good for protein supplementation w/o adding too many other cals.

Damn thats not bad at all at that breakdown imo

Snrf is offline Banned
    yeah im guessin i wont find anything w/ protein that high w/o loads of carbs or fat. bet its about as much fun as eating a housebrick though

chest6 is offline Banned
    gawd i hate protein bars.

I hear ya on the housebrick. I swear i've chipped my tooth on those things

if u want u can make ur own... i have a few recipeces

Snrf is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FaizakaFez
    if u want u can make ur own... i have a few recipeces
    yeah bro i got some recipes, I just need something that will keep for my 4000 mile plane ride, not look too suspicious to chinese customs officials and keep during my stay, cuz god knows what the weather in china is like right now.

however feel free to post your recipes...i had to quit making your cookies cuz i kept eating all of them at once.

haha those cookies are fine for one sitting man.. 1 cup of oats thas all..

HMMM i have a good ebay guy i bought a crap load from (back in the day) u can talk to him if u want..

Snrf is offline Banned
    yeah but i'd make a big batch with like 3 cups of oats and then munch them all rofl

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snrfmaster
    yeah but i'd make a big batch with like 3 cups of oats and then munch them all rofl

could you post the recipe?
    thanks.

So i was experimenting today this is what i came up with

Oatmeal Cookies and they fit in my macros...

First I preheat the oven to 350

I took 1/2 cup off ccheese whipped it with a fork
    added 1 cup of oats
    1 scoop whey ( i used chocolate)
    1 egg
    Mix.. at this point its all dry and clumpy so i added about .25 ( less then .5 a cup of CC for sure)
    Now it got more gooey and workable mix wit a fork
    spray tinfoil with pam on a cookie sheet
    spoon out ball sized clumps and flaten them..
    place in the oven 25 min the longer u keep them in they dry out..so u might need to have milk and cookies!!

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I would avoid any pro bars that used sugar alcohols as sweeteners. They really upset digestive system and you will be lucky to absorb anything of value. Unfortunately they all seem to have this ingredient.
    Stick with natural ingredients if you can. Avoid soy protein as it is used in bulk in many of the bars due to it being so cheap. Soy protein has been shown not only to be inneffective for muscle growth but even possibly negative effects on anabolism.

Best bars i found were

Zero Impact Bar: High Protein Mealbar

Every effort has been made to make sure that the sugars contained in this bar have a minimal impact on blood sugar and insulin . Consequently, the majority of sugars contained in the ZERO IMPACT™ High Protein, Meal Replacement Bar (MRB™) are low DE (Dextrose Equivalent) and, therefore, have significantly less impact on blood sugar and glycemic index than most whole grain carbohydrates. This innovation incorporates the use of low glycemic carbohydrates, fiber, high-grade proteins, and naturally occurring essential fats from nuts, seeds, milk proteins and grains. The ZERO IMPACT™ BAR also contains CLA and Sesamin to maintain healthy blood sugar and insulin levels and reduce body fat. I Jack Owoc, CEO and Chief of Research and Development at VPX, have invested 3.5 years into creating the most scientifically advanced and healthy Protein Bar on the planet. The ZERO IMPACT™ MRB™ is a key food source for the ZERO IMPACT™ Diet. Mark my word. The ZERO IMPACT™ dietary concepts are going to be the 21st Century’s dominant school of thought regarding rapid fat loss and lean muscle accrual! Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 1 Bar
    Servings Per Container: 12
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 448
    Calories From Fat 176
    Total Fat 21g
    Saturated Fat 5g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 2mg
    Sodium 257mg
    Potassium 40mg
    Total Carbohydrates 42g
    Dietary Fiber 4g
    Sugars 7g
    Protein 30g
    Vitamin E 0%
    Potassium 1%
    Calcium 19%
    Iron 5%

Ingredients:
    Zero Impact Proprietary Protein Matrix: Whey protein isolate, milk protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, Micellean Micellar Casein Protein; Proprietary Fat Burning & Healthy Fats Matrix: Peanut Butter, Almond Butter, Sunflower Butter, SesaLean (Sesamin); Semisweet Chocolate, Honey, Maltitol, Whole Grain Oats, 99.7 USP Glycerin, Low DE Corn Syrup, Water, Brown Rice Syrup, Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, Dutch Process Cocoa, Lecithin, Potassium Sorbate, Salt, Mixed Tocopherols and/or Graham Cracker Flavor, Xanthan Gum, Oats Rolled.

Still wouldnt eat them myself though. If i had too i would buy some muscle milk and oats pre mixes.

Thread Information