mexicali is offline New Member

too much chicken?

I am not too fond of tuna like others i have heard of

and since canned tuna and chicken have the same ammount of protein more or less why not just eat all chicken? can you consume too much of a certain food?

or would it be more benefecial to get 1/2 of your protein from tuna and 1/2 from chicken rather than all from the chicken?

just trying to figure out why it seems like a lot of people(including myself) force feed themselves tuna if chicken is the same

i would guess people just get tired of chicken but i dont have a lot to do right now and was wondering ya know ?

mexicali

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Variety is the spice of life bro. Their was a stint where I was eating 3 of those canned chicken breasts a day. Protein is protein, but for your tatse buds sake, throw in some steaks, salmon, trout, shrimp, crawfish, shark, pork, ostrich, or anyhting to change it up sometime. Makes dieting alittle more tolerable.

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    Bro,

Tuna isn't that great anyway so don't sweat it (it's amino acid spectrum isn't ideal for us mammals!).

It's best to get your protein from a number of A class sources, limiting yourself to one isn't ideal as you may be missing out on nutrients (other than protein) that the other sources contain (for example egg yolks contain lecithin, a fat emulsifier).

Ideally you'd want to eat some whey, beef, chicken, fish and eggs every day but for most people this isn't feasible. I generally eat whey and either beef or chicken on any one day (protein drinks + big batch of chicken or beef cooked to last whole day).

The protein you eat all enters the body's 'protein pool'. This is made up from all the protein you eat plus the amount of protein that is constantly in flux in your body (you 'turn over' about 4 times the amount you ingest).

From this you might realise that what's important is the amount of protein you eat in a day and the overall quality of the entire intake of protein, rather than the amino acid spectrum of each meal.

Cheers,

def

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    Hey Pheedno,

I can't agree with the Einstein quote enough!!!

def

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by defdaz
    Hey Pheedno,

I can't agree with the Einstein quote enough!!!

def
    Yeah, reading it everyday kind of hypes me up to hit the gym and keep the diet.
    I've got a whole shit load of quotes stracked up in a drawer that I've collected over the years.

Sorry for getting off topic in your thread mexicali.

mexicali is offline New Member
    exactly what i was looking for

thanks a bunch fellas

mexicali

Thread Information