georgie24 is offline Member

pete235,db101,markymark

hey i tweaked the diet like you guys said but now im putting on muscle mass there is alot more defintion in my shoulders tris ect..
    the growth happend like in one and a half weeks. dont get me wrong i like what i see but still flabby around my chest and the weight loss seemed to have stopped.
    i think i weigh more now than i did 3 weeks ago i got on the scale at my gym and it read 227.
    i dunno im a bit confused
    here is my current food intake

1/2 cup brown rice 2 sevings a day
    2 slices whole wheat 1 serving a day
    shakes 2 servings a day
    shrimp/ chicken breast 4 sevings a day along with rice

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    G1 bro...don't sweat it. If your building muscle the scale wieght will go up. To be frank, don't plan on losing more than 1lb (maybe 2lbs) per week. Anymore than that would be neccesitated by an increase in cardio and reduction of calories. At that point your diet becomes catabolic and you will begin to lose muscle mass as well as fat. Remember you want to lose fat but keep muscle, it is a long process my friend. My current diet is 30 weeks long (I'm 3 weeks in). In a few weeks your pants will be looser and your shirts will be tighter....that is what you want. Stand pat my friend and keep letting us know how you feel.

Pete

MarkyMark is offline Member
    No doubt what Pete said is accurate ... Are you doing cardio in the mornings brother ? that must be implimented .. The way a structured diet will work is to just take in ENOUGH calories with a enough protein, carbs and fats as necessary to maintain the current lean muscle mass and BURN the unwanted fat off your body ... this does take a bit longer than a conventional LOW CALORIE diet which has no place for us BB's ... we want muscle to stay and fat to go ... You may need in the next weeks to drop the carbs a bit ... but stay on course for the next couple weeks and we will reavaluate ...ok >>>> good luck

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    STAY OFF THE SCALE!!! Look in the mirror, and let how you look be your gauge of progress. Forget everything except clean eating, hard training, and tons of cardio.

Keep it up and keep us posted.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I agree totally with DB scales mean nothing!! They can mean the difference between failure and success.You maybe 2 lbs lighter at the end of the week but it could be 2 lbs of muscle lost and not FAT.Go with what DB said leave the scales alone for a month and watch the progress in the mirror.You,ll know if you are losing B,F or not.

thanks i appreciate the feed back!!! i have been skipping some cardio because of my long work days and nights i need to make some more changes to my lifestyle and all of this will fit in perfectly . ill keep you guys posted

have a good day guys

geo1

Oh .....he's been skipping some Cardio ..... Hmmm then tells us that he's been gaining weight and since he started our suggestions .....hehe Just Kidding bro ..... keep on track

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Write down your goals all over your house (on the fridge, the front door, the bathroom mirror, etc) to remind you of whats important.

Great Idea Excess...We missed that one. Nothing beats a good reminder of what you want! -good call

ok guys i been doing some reavaluating and i came up with my new goal. i wanna beef my bod up a little my body is responding very well to weight traing i think better than cardio did for the moment. i can pack on beef really good so im gonna lean towards packing muscle for eaight weeks then reavaluate again.
    my diet is the same basicly markys 16 week body fat blast thats in the cottage cheese thread but i increased carbs slightly and protien its pretty much the same but no cardio for the moment
    cals 1900
    carbs 140-200
    protien 200-250
    fat from zone bars ect....
    any more muscle building input would be apreciated..
    mostly new muscle gains for me but lovin it 6 day a week
    is my slow metabolism the reason why the beef is coming so good?

primodonna is offline Female Member
    you weigh 227 and only want to eat 1900 cals to GAIN?

if i read that wrong, tell me...if not, i will finish my reply.
    What happens here, stays here

No he is dieting ...... !

try and keep your carbs to the 140 range ....

Stay on track bro .... repost in 2 weeks

im gonna respond primawhen i get home im leaving work right now i have a lot to type

primodonna is offline Female Member
    OK geo...

MM- he said he was going to lean towards packing on more muscle now and "beef up his body" then reevaluate in 8 weeks...to me that's not dieting.?.?.
    What happens here, stays here

Originally posted by geometric1
    ok guys i been doing some reavaluating and i came up with my new goal. i wanna beef my bod up a little my body
    cals 1900
    carbs 140-200
    protien 200-250
    fat from zone bars ect....
    any more muscle building input would be apreciated..
    mostly new muscle gains for me but lovin it 6 day a week
    is my slow metabolism the reason why the beef is coming so good?
    MarkyMark (not meant to undermind your advice here brother)

Geo, if you're gaining from 1900 calories then we have a prob. Simply, the only way you'd gain from that low calorie is by means of fat storage because your body's calorie rquirement is greater. Don't misunderstand me...there may be enough carbs, and protein but depending on how much cardio and weight training sessions you may need another 50 or more grams of protein. On average you have 1580 calories from protein and carbs, leaving 320 remaining for fat or about 35 grams. If you add a tablespoon of EFA's to your a shake for example that will give you 13 grams of good fat, and I'd really recommend that. However if you max your carbs and protein then that leaves only 11 grams of fat for the day and it isn't enough. So you really need to watch that. I'd do 2 table spoons of EFA's every day because they're THAT important. My point here is to feed your lean mass. I'm just not 100 % sure you can do that at your size (on 1900). For example if you're 18% bodyfat at 227 then you have 186 lbs of lean mass. The minimal requirement (doing 3 days of weights and 3 days of 40:00 cardio would be at least 1 gram of carb per lb (186) and 1.2 grams of prot. per lb (223), so you can follow your guide but I would not suggest going below thoses figures.
    Last edited by dumbells101; 11-07-2001 at 06:02 AM.

primo... the marky mark meal plan was designed for my fat loss only i never said it was for bulking!!!
    ANYWAYS I JUST GOT MY THREE BOTTLES OF LIQUID CLEN YESTERDAY AFTER GETTING OF WORK.
    ITS ON NOW!!!!!
    CARDIO AND DIET HERE I COME AGAIN BABY!!!!!!

seconds anyone?????

and b4 you reply i wanna add im not gonna touch my liquid clen till feb-march
    i will be ready for it then

have a nice day

Thread Information