Thread: raw egg whites

askingforit is offline Junior Member

raw egg whites

I put raw egg whites into my protein shakes. Recently I was reading something that said raw eggs can give you salmonella. Now I've been doing this (raw egg thing) for a while now, and haven't had any problems with it. Anybody care to comment?

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    You didn't get it yet and there is a chance that you never will, but some day you might find that FUC*ED up egg and you're DONE. So play safe.

I would never do it.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Orange Julius used to use raw eggs too. GenuinePL is right thoough. While the incidence of salmonella in eggs is low, why take the chance?
    Last edited by beenie; 01-29-2002 at 03:54 PM.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I,ve been eating raw eggs since i was about 13/14 I,m 28 and never had no problem so for me a gamble of 14 years has paid of I have at least 5 aday and have done so for many years.Yes you could get salmonella but honestly you can it off anything if you thought about it like that you would never eat anything LOL
    If your happy to do it go for it if not cook em!

askingforit is offline Junior Member
    okay then. 14 years sounds like a good test period there Billy. Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't the only one. I like doing it, gives me that uncooked cake mix feel to make shakes and I can put them down in like 3-5 minutes with the egg in there which is a lot faster than without. Plus, it's just a little bit more protein for me

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I used to drink the egg whites without any milk just the whites on their own but I don,t do that anymore.You have to be unlucky to get something wrong with you after eating raw eggs IMO

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    i always buy the eggs in the milk cartoon..they are pastorized...if you are going to drink any egg white raw ..that would be the ones i would choose

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Shredz. Does egg white in a cartoon taste the same as normal eggwhite. Just wondering. That could be very helpfull for me, becasue I can't eat fried egg whites only boiled. Fried eggwhites make me puke(don't know why). If they taste the same then I will just throw them in my protein shake too.

vinh is offline Junior Member
    when i cook eggs, i like my white cooked but the yolk still not cook, is it the egg white or youk that gives you salmonella?

is it in everyegg and only effect some people? or is it a randome bad egg?

vinh is offline Junior Member
    dont worry i done my research now, iam all educated

xzoomzx is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by vinh
    dont worry i done my research now, iam all educated
    well what is the answers to your questions can you please when i cook eggs, i like my white cooked but the yolk still not cook, is it the egg white or youk that gives you salmonella?

is it in everyegg and only effect some people? or is it a randome bad egg?tell me this ?

palme is offline Rosie Member
    In Sweden we dont need to be afraid of salmonella cause we have laws that make sure eggs/chickens are salmonella free. If people get it itīs from some bad restaurant or on vacation.

Word is "be sure to hard boil eggs when you are in other countrys"

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    i was just at the grocery store and saw eggs that come pastuerized so you should be safe if you get thouse bro

leukemia is offline New Member
    http://www.getbig.com/articles/faq-vit1.htm check it out for more info

9. Biotin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although there's a limited amount of sports nutrition research on Biotin, it makes our top 10 list because it has critical functions in amino acid metabolism and the production of energy from many sources. It also may be one vitamin that some bodybuilders have trouble when attempting to maintain an adequate supply.

The reason bodybuilders may have difficulty with Biotin is because it can be blocked by a substance called Avidin. Avidin is found in raw egg whites, a staple for many athletes. In fact, bodybuilders who eat raw egg whites or who don;t cook egg white well enough may experience growth problems with Biotin deficiency if their egg white consumption approaches 20 per day. Eating raw eggs can also lead to a bacterial infection called Salmonella, which can have severe health consequences

10wheeler is offline Associate Member
    cook ur eggs!!!

Cousin Eddie is offline Associate Member
    Wasnt there a study showing that egg protein only became bio available after cooking? I know I have seen that but cant remember where now.

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    you can't get sick from drinking egg whites, samonella is only in the yolk, but who eats the yolk ne way thats were all the fat and cholesterol is.
    peace

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Oh shit,
    So it comes down to eating eggs raw right out of the carton like common everyday barbarians now dose it.. I'm imbaressed. And to think of all the other ways that you could prepeare them! LOL

Actually I have tried this years back however I could never keep them down for long. Even while mixxing them up in a protien shake. I like the pastuerized eggs in a carton idea though. It dose make sense that they would be safer.
    About the yolk of the egg thing. It really dose not matter if the yolk is cooked or not guy's, Actually the salmonella is killed very easily at high temperatures so if by chance you do get a "bad egg" so to speak, you should be ok.
    IC

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member
    They are pasteurized meaning no salmonella meaning no risk. Eat up

Shredz is offline Respected Member

Re: Shredz..

Originally posted by Diesel

May be a stupid question because I have never had them out of a carton, How do you know how many you are getting? Is there a conversion?
    ie: 1/4 cup = 1 egg white
    Sorry about the long delay on the reply gents! You can by the cartoons of egg whites in two sizes and pastorized or unpastorized. The small cartoon, like the size of a small milk 250ml contains 8 egg whites. And about the taste egg whites are egg whites. Tastes exactly the same.

Thread Information