Big_Dan is offline Associate Member

Extreme Diets For Those High In Test

Im a teenager, and considering my suposedly super human test levels, can i go on a relatively extreme diet and not worry about muscle loss?
    Say 1500 cals instead of 2000? Cardio included?

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    If you dont have enough cals in your diet you cant add mass.
    Some of the huge body builders say "you dont overtrain, you under eat"

what are your stats?

Im trying to cut. Im 55 at 190lbs at 20%bf.
    Will it work

With a diet of 1500 calories and cardio included, even if you had good test levels you would lose a lot of muscle and have no energy for your workouts. Even if you have superhuman testosterone levels , why try it? You could throw away months of hard training.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Big Dan,
    Listen up bro. Restricting caloric intake is a big myth when one is talking about cutting down while training. Now where you most commonly hear of this type of diet is when you are referring to people who are obese and they have a LOT of body fat to lose. Yes this may help them lose it but then again they are not concerned with muscle loss as most BB are opt to.
    It's plain simple logic. You have to eat to lose weight. Why? Because it takes energy for your body to burn off fat which is another misconception in itself. The body dose not burn off fat, it stores it for times of famine. It's one of those prehistoric genetic traits that dates back to all of our ancestors. Anyway you will need energy to supply the work ( cardio in this case) to consume the fat cells. I say consume because that is exactly what it is. When you are in the middle of your cardio routine you’re taking in more O2 than you normally do. This excess oxygen literally binds itself around the fat cells. As the body's immediate energy supply begins to dwindle, the body will call on this excess O2 to burn as fuel. As the O2 burns the fat cell that it surrounds is allso consumed in the process. To obtain the energy you need to lose weight you need to eat. Just use your head and eat clean. Certain vegetables such as broccoli have been rumored to aid into the fat burning process. The reason for this is because they are very fibrous and it takes more energy for your body to break them down. And of course you can't forget to do yor cardio. Another important factor. To much at to high an intentiy will consume all immediate energy ( from food you've eaten) excess ) the excess O2 that you have consumed and then it will begin to work on your muscle tissue which is really defeating the purpose of training altogether.
    IC
    Last edited by Tobey; 08-25-2002 at 12:08 PM.

So tobey, what do I do, exactly, besides using my head while eating? Its something I already do...and its working.
    How many cals? Protein?

Thread Information