solidj55 is offline Member

The Best Dieting Tricks of the Trade, feel free to add your own

This is old news to most people on here I am sure of that but sometimes I think its good to have a list of old ideas that work just as reminders. Sometimes we complicate things too much and sometimes we forget about some things so I thought I would make a list of things to do when dieting to help with hunger, muscle preservation, and faster fat loss. I am just going to make a list and please everyone feel free to post your tricks of the trade as well. Keep in mind I am not talking about Keto Diets because I dont use them. These are just basic guidelines I use and many others do that work very well.

Just some general guidlines when dieting. Take about 500 calories off of your maintainance calories to start. Make sure to get 1-2grams of protein per pound of body weight, and try to limit your carb intake to what ever makes you feel comfortable but try not exceed 100-200g/day(depending on what you can get away with), and the rest of the calories should be in EFA's.

Ok the hardest part of dieting for some, at least me is the hunger pains.
    Here is a list of things that will help you feel full or will trick you into thinking your full.
    1) Eating fiberous veggies like cabbage, broccoli, lettuce, etc.
    2) Drinking about 20oz of water right before a meal, then drink at least 20oz with the meal.
    3) Chew food slowly, eating is not a race.
    4) Flaxseed Oil or any other EFA
    5) E/C/A stack
    6) An occasional diet carbonated drink
    7) Staying busy

Ok a lot of this list was on the list above but need to be repeated. These are things that help speed up fat loss when dieting, other than the obvious calorie deficit of dieting itself.
    1) E/C/A stack
    2) Flaxseed Oil
    3) High Intesity Cardio in the PM on non lifting days
    4) Low Intensity Cardio in the AM on an empty stomach
    5) Cardio right after lifting
    6) Timing Carbs around Pre-Lifting and post lifting and no carbs late at night.
    7) Try not to mix fat and carbs into the same meal, try to have protein/carb meals, and protein/fat meals.

Here is a list of things/ideas that can be used to help keep as much muscle as possible while dieting.
    1) High Protein
    2) Glutamine
    3) Creatine
    4) Cut back volume of weight training but not intensity
    5) Flaxseed Oil or any of the EFA's
    6) Keep cardio to no more than 5 days per week and that is pushing it, more like 3-4 days tops depending on what type of cardio.

These are just general rules of thumb to keep in mind, I am no guru just speaking from experience on what works for me. Please everyone put your little tricks of the trade so we can have a good list of things that may help us all succeed!!!

chinups Guest
    I like to take vitiman C at 1000mg three times a day. Helps recovery and I haven't been sick since I started. Also a vitman one a day

solidj55 is offline Member
    Good call on that one.

I also meant to add that nicotine is good as an appetite suppressor, although may not be a really good choice.

Those gotta be all the dieting tricks, can there be more?

Ex_banana-eater is offline Junior Member
    eat alot of fiberous carbs - many are negative calorie foods. drink more water as well, also a negative calorie.

Josoc10 is offline New Member
    Okay I don't think I am reaching here but being with a girl that you really like( or in love lol) suppresses my appetite all the time. Feels like I took an ECA, probably because of the hormones released when with the opposite sex. Anyone get with what I am saying?

alevok Guest
    I take multivitamin every day. Having sex is also a good cardio, so do as much as you can.
    No carb after 7pm, protein shake w/ flaxseed oil before bed.

solid-d is offline Member
    what is flaxseed oil???what does it do??does it make your skin oilly?

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    there are alot of good posts about flaxseed oil. its about the best substance you can take every day.

its nasty but soo good for you.

alevok Guest
    when taking with protein, your digestion system absorbs protein slower, which is good while sleeping. You know your body is starving for food while you are sleeping. Just before bed, taking flaxseed oil with protein is very helpful for your metabolism to recover.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Personally I would not use creatine whilst dieting it allows one to hold water and that means water weight.

Hunger pains can be controlled by eating things like celeray,carrots these are empty cals also chewing chewing gum makes the stomach produce more acids confusing the brain into thinking it has eaten.

Eating your meals at regular intervals.If you do not do this your body will store the fats from it as it is confused as to where the next meal will be.

Take a good multivit and I prefer cod liver oil over flax seed oil but it is personal preference.

Allow your self one cheat day or cheat meal a week it keeps you sane!

Freakymuscle4u is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Billy Boy
    Personally I would not use creatine whilst dieting it allows one to hold water and that means water weight.

Hunger pains can be controlled by eating things like celeray,carrots these are empty cals also chewing chewing gum makes the stomach produce more acids confusing the brain into thinking it has eaten.

Eating your meals at regular intervals.If you do not do this your body will store the fats from it as it is confused as to where the next meal will be.

Take a good multivit and I prefer cod liver oil over flax seed oil but it is personal preference.

Allow your self one cheat day or cheat meal a week it keeps you sane!
    Creatine is fine while cutting it keeps ATP stores high etc, i don't see why you shouldn't take it.

Don't forget maintence is 15 cals per pound of bodyweight

Up carbs every couple of days, to keep ur metabolism from slowing down...

Avoide simple carbs except post workout

Keep um coming.......
    Jay
    Last edited by Freakymuscle4u; 10-11-2002 at 01:15 PM.

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    Great post solidj55!!

BrownBomber is offline Member
    If your main goal is lose weight fast you shouldn't consume any food 30-60 minutes after you do cardio to get the full effect. Except of course if you do your cardio immediately after your workout. Then you should consume food right after it.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Drop the flaxseed oil and get Udo's oil...it's a blend of essential fatty acids. Best thing on the market.

http://resolutionhost.com/flora/home...ucts/R7980.htm

hybrid is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    Drop the flaxseed oil and get Udo's oil...it's a blend of essential fatty acids. Best thing on the market.

http://resolutionhost.com/flora/home...ucts/R7980.htm
    I agree. Udo's is a more balanced way to get your EFAs. They have worked out the ratios of the Omega 3, 6, and 9, providing the proper balance of them.

Valmont is offline Banned
    Don't mix carbs with high fat intake.

Imo-cardio beats cal deficit. You don't have to worry about controversial losing muscle and/or change in metabolism.

madmanz is offline Junior Member
    i have some flax oil, bottle says 1tbsp = serving
    is this the amount u take with your shake?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Rule #1 of Dieting: Calories in vs. Calories out.

Cals out should exceed cals in.

Rule#2 of Dieting: Cardio, Cardio, Cardio

~US~

HorseyGrl is offline Female Member
    Posted by usualsuspect - Today at 09:04 AM
    Rule #1 of Dieting: Calories in vs. Calories out.

Cals out should exceed cals in.
    I think this is the most important "trick" to loosing LBs. Calories in must be less than calories out, it is that simple to say, however doing it may be hard for some. Supplements can enhance your goal, but nothing will be achieved without that one all important "rule".

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I think everyone has their own tricks and whats works for them stuff, but since we're not talkin keto's here, i'll add in one of my cardio tricks.

When preparing for comp, i had worked up my self up to around 2 1/2 hrs of low intensity cardio per day(not all in one session). Now those who do that much cardio know how boring it gets, cuz you're not really pushing yourself, and after a while you've heard every song in the world about 100 times.

Now its kinda an interesting story how i got this idea, but here it is, take a dog with you when you do your cardio, if you don't have one, borrow one(thats what i had to do). If you can get a younger dog, go for it, they're more exciting cuz they're always doing weird stuff and they really keep it interesting plus the owner will really appreciate it, it really just made time fly by.

GetPsycho is offline Associate Member
    general cutting guidelines...

1. Eat every 2-3 hours, balanced meals of protein, carbs, fat. Exception: you don't necesarily have to eat carbs for your last meal or two of the day, you CAN just eat protein and fat. Unless it's post workout, then you NEED to eat some carbs. also, you dont have to have fat in meal 1

2. Try to keep the protein intake in each of your meals consistent. Eat a minimum of your bodyweight in grams of protein, divided up equally into each of your meals.

3. Don't be afraid of fat, you NEED fat in order to BURN fat. You need to turn your body into a fat burning machine. In order to do this, you keep your carbs fairly low and your fat intake moderate. As in, the lower your carbs, the more fat you should be consuming.

4. Avoid sugars like the plague. Read your labels, avoid food with sugar listed in the ingredients. you can only afford sugar post workout and first thing in the morning.

5. Avoid processed foods, like those in boxes/packages and also anything made with white flour. White flour is overprocessed. Also anything that says, "enriched" avoid it as well.

6. Eat as close to nature as you can. In other words, the closer the food to how it occurs in nature, the better for you it is, and ESPECIALLY for fat burning.

7. Avoid starchy carbs like corn, bread, pasta.

8. For your last meal or two of the day, have only green veggies for your carbohydrates. efa's are crucial with these meals. fiber too

9. count your calories. use www.calorieking.com/foods and figure out your daily intake

10. Last but not least, do NOT cut your calories too low. For starters I wouldn't even drop ANY calories. I would eat maintenance calories and just focus on cleaning up your diet and getting consistent with a good macronutrient ratio (protein, carbs, fat). Examples of good cutting ratios are: 40P/30C/30F, 40P/25C/35F, or 40P/20C/40F (of course there ARE others, those are just MY personal preferences).

italian2004 is offline New Member
    sugar free jello, crystal light, polar ice gum, veggies, sugar free syrup, cheat meals, oats, chicken, tuna, protien bars, protien shake, boca burgers, egg whites, salad , ms dash, pepper, splenda ,glutamine , vit c, vit e , efas, multi, dandilion root, cardio, high intense training dont worrie about weight, 40min workout tops

italian2004 is offline New Member
    i forgot, hiemanns just 2 good mayo for the tuna, its all right there, cheat meal every 3 days

I have been using a 54p/21c/24f with GREAT results. I am sensitive to fat, I was eating more, but cut back the fat and the fat is melting away. I ahve stayed the same weight though, that means I am losingfat and gaining a little lean mass. The winny helps a little bit.

mass junkie is offline banned
    bump

talon is offline Senior Member
    bump...I like this thread alot. Simple advice about nutrition, good advice for newbies getting their diet right.....

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    sugarfree jello, pork rinds smothered with cheese

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    I'm bumpin this althouh its old...

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bor

Its a good thread, not a bad bump.