Dman is offline New Member

what to eat??????????????

Can someone give me a diet that will bulk me up and put some weight on me.I;ve been working out for 1yr and 4 months and have seen subtle changes I would like someone to help me out a little on what to eat to see better results
    thank you

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Post some stats and we can try and help you out bro
    also post any cycle exp if any

I'm 5'8 145 lbs my work out looks like this mon chest/legs tue-back/bi tri
    wesn-off thur back/ bi tri friday- chest/legs sat&sun off and i know i don't eat right. sometime i drink protein shake but not offent as i should

Shud is offline Associate Member
    u dont train shoulders????
    and not enough rest between your tue and thurs back/ bi tri

speedsta is offline Junior Member
    If you wanna grow, you should be eating around 250grams minimum of protein a day.
    Try to have 3 shakes a day, morning, post workout and b4 u goto bed.
    also make sure u traing your shoulders, and have reasonable rest.
    And eat alot of protein foods like egg whites, fish, chicken, tuna etc.

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    Part of your problem bro is it sounds like you are over training, cut down the frequency of your workouts so that you are hitting each group once a week. It is hard to comment without knowing your current diet but I will give you an idea.....start out around 3000 calories a day....spread over 6 meals for the sake of making the math easy. So that is 500cals per meal.....you know that you want around 250 grams of protein....we will say 240 again for the sake of making the math easy. That is 40g per meal, as the fella's said a couple shakes here and there, eggs (easy on the yolks but dont' disregard them entirely) chicken and fish.....red meat 2-3x per week is good too, especially when bulking. For the fats, I personally like to keep them really low around 5-10g per meal, say 10 for bulking......so far that puts you at about 1500 cals and leaves the rest to come from carbs. So that leaves you with 60-65g of carbs per meal. Since you are bulking I wouldnt' be too concerned with where your carbs come from but I would limit the shit in the diet. I would keep atleast 75% of the carbs you take in be from the following sources: Whole Oats (not the instant shit loaded with sugar), long grain brown rice, green veggies (will take ALOT to get 60g of carbs so they are a great addition to anymeal to help fill you up) and legumes such as lentils and black beans (do not count the fiber as grams of carbohydrates).

On top of all this I add an additional 100g of carbs and 50g of protein after every workout.....so that would make your training days caloric intake 3600 instead of 3k b/c your body will need the extra cals. The carbs need to be high glycemic and the protein should be high quality whey......and NO fat whatsoever.

thanks bros There for a min. i didn't think anyone was going to help me out.Thanks

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    Hey dman,

Just to add on what the other bro's suggested, you Shouldnt be training chest/legs on the same day, they are very big muscles (esp legs) and you'll probably lose a lot of energy before you finished one of them, maybe a workout like this:

Mon, thurs, fri - OFF

Tuesday - Legs + bicep + Forearms
    Wednesday - Shoulders + Traps + Calf
    Saturday - Chest + Triceps (maybe some AB work aswell)
    Sunday - Back + Abs.

i've been using it to good effect, but i dont keep it the same, i alternate.

But you just have to experiment and see what works for you.

On the food side, i'm a veggie, so i can only suggest things like Pasta, Beans, brown bread (good protein), brown rice, tofu, soy products in general, i doubt your gunna want to eat boring old tuna everyday.

Hope this helps.

Thread Information