jammergsxr is offline Member

cutting and bulking...confused

O.K. let me start with I know the difference,but cant you bulk up a little and still retain really nice definition?I,ve checked out other boards and see pics of guys who have put on some serious size but quite frankly look fat!They have a huge gut and say oh its cool I,m bulking......I say bullshit if your on a bulking cycle and eat lots of clean foods cant you gain the wieght in muscle or is that considered cutting?Someone set me straight!

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Cutting is reducing bodyfat, bulking is increasing the weight (that mean fat & muscle gain), it is very difficult to bulk up, gain a substantial amount of muscle and still stay lean, that does not mean it can't be done, but it is very difficult...XXL

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by MIKE_XXL
    Cutting is reducing bodyfat, bulking is increasing the weight (that mean fat & muscle gain), it is very difficult to bulk up, gain a substantial amount of muscle and still stay lean, that does not mean it can't be done, but it is very difficult...XXL
    Substantial being the keyword. It is very possible but a slow process.....although I think it is all around faster than doing one then the other (bulk then cut or vice versa)

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Originally posted by kizer_soce

Substantial being the keyword. It is very possible but a slow process.....although I think it is all around faster than doing one then the other (bulk then cut or vice versa)
    I 100% agree, that's exactly what i ment...i have succesfully gained about 5lbs of lean mass, while reducing my BF using Keto Diet and Slin, and that was in a 5 weeks period...NO, i do NOT recomed that because Slin and no carbs can be fatal...FATAL...but even on more traditional diet it is possible, just like you said very hard and slow process...

XXL

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Everyone has already hit on the answer, so I will not bore you with yet another reply of the same thing. But I can add that although it is hard to bulk and keep the BF% down, these cycles useually cause the body to retain alot of water thus givieing one a bloated look. This is really not the same thing as body fat as it is useually shed after the bulking cycle has ended but while they are on cycle they will apear to have a higher BF% as a result. This may be the reason that the guy's whose pictures you saw appeared to have high BF% Of course they did, but alot of it would be shed after the cycle has ended.
    IC

Thread Information