BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member

good during week/bad during weekend!

On the weekend my diet is good just hard to maintain like during the week. during the week my diet goes as follows
    6am- bowl of cereal(cheerios, skim milk), protein shake
    9am- 1 1/2 chicken breast, 1 cup rice or baked pot., 1/2 cup mixed veg.
    12pm- turkey breast sandwich, apple or grapes
    3pm- 1 1/2 chicken breast, 1 cup rice or baked pot., 1/2 cup mixed veg.
    6pm- whatever wife cooks for supper lol
    7pm- protein shake before workout
    9pm- post workout protein shake and banana

well guys any advice to improve diet let me know or just give me ya'lls thoughts!

Oh yeah, almost forgot. I'm continuosly drinking water throughout the day, about 2-3 gallons of water. During my cycles, I up it to almost 5 gallons. Makes me feel bloughted but what are you going to do?

bump

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    5 gallons of water is way too much bro. Tone it down some otherwise you might experience Hyperhydration. 1-2gallons should be all your body needs to flush out waste and hydrate you completely during the day.

To switch it up some. For your 6am meal, try putting 3-4 servings of raw oatmeal mixed in with your protein shake. This comes out to 650-800 calories for your first meal, no dairy, fiber is up, and fat is limited.

At your 12pm meal. On the turkey sandwich, cut the mayo if it's in there and put more veggies(tomato, lettuce) this way your not consuming fats and carbs at the same time. Also, if your bulking raise that to 2 sandwiches.

Shit fax coming in, I'll criique the rest in a minute

I used to add a banana or oatmeal to my morning shake but ran out. As for the turkey sandwich I use only mustard, and lettuce and cheese. Can't use tomato, allergic. As for the water, while I think about it 5 gallons can't be what I drink I've been adding it up and yeah it comes out to 2-3 gallons. Sorry 'bout that. I am trying to bulk up since winter is coming. Thanks for the tips...kepp it coming.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Back again

If you have a bowl of cereal instead of adding oatmeal to a shake in the morning, your calories should be down some, in that case I would take the fruit from your noon meal and eat that for breakfast. Fruit has a lot of nutrients but it also has a lot of sugar. Best to eat it early so the sugar is burned off throughout the day.

I've taken a look at your profile and at your height and weight, I think you should eat a whole lot more.
    I'm 5'11 @ 192. I'll put my daily bulking intake down so you can compare.
    7:00am- 4servings raw oatmeal, protein shake, apple
    10:00am- 2 10oz chicken breasts w/ tomatoe slices and celery
    12:30pm- Grilled chicken salad-dry(marinade on the chicken)
    3:00pm- Protein shake w/ 4 servings raw oatmeal
    4:30pm- Workout
    6:00pm- Post workout whey protein w/ added dextrose
    7:30pm- 16oz flank or strip(sub fish 3-4Xweek) spinach, green beans, 2 servings oatmeal(or rice)
    10:30- Blended protein shake
    3:00am- Blended protein shake

My total calories are between 3800-4200. I would think you should be getting at least this amount.
    Try little things to add calories. Have a serving of Flax before breakfast to add a quick 140, or go pick up a weight gainer for post workout only. I would suggest Cytogainer. It has no sugar, very little fat, and 80g of dextrose for postworkout replenishment along with creatine, glutamine and a shit pot of vitamins.
    The biggest way I boosted my calories was through the oatmeal bro. I eat 1200 calories in oatmeal a day. it sounds tedious, but it's in two shakes I already drink and the mixture in flavor is pretty good. If that gets tiring, try putting a few servings of grapenuts in with a shake. Lots of cals for a small portion.

Right now I'm in between cycles right now and have noticed my bf% has increased some in the past couple of weeks. I'm worried that if I increase my calories anymore I'll pack on a shitload more fat. thanks for the advice bro, I'll try adding the oatmeal back into my diet and throwing in 2 or 3 cans of tuna during the day also.
    Hows this sound:
    6am- protein shake w/oatmeal, banana
    7am- 3-5 hardboiled eggs or peanut butter sandwich
    9am- 2 chicken breast, 1 cup rice or potatoe, 1/2 cup mixed veggies
    12pm- 2 turkey breast sandwich-mustard, lettuce, cheese, fruit
    3pm- 2 chicken breast, 1 cup of rice/potatoe, 1/2 cup mixed veggies
    4:30pm- 1 can tuna
    6pm- dinner (whatever the wife cooks)
    7pm- protein shake with oatmeal
    9pm- protein shake and banana
    9:30- 1 can tuna
    11pm- protein shake