Thread: Motivation

mightymusclemouse is offline New Member

Motivation

I am gonna be trying to cut up when I come off my cycle, just small one, and my first, of 30 mg D-Bol a day for 4 weeks and Test 400 at 1 ml shot for 10 weeks. I have started seeing gains in the lifting department and love it, but was wondering how you guys keep motivated when cutting. I have tried diets before and they seem to work for a week or a few, but then I start wanting to eat food that tastes good. Eventually the diet disappears. I have never really been a skinny person, always had a gut. I used to be 5'8 235lbs. I dropped to 170. Really not even sure how I did it. Just didn't think about dieting and was able to do it anyways. I am at 185 right now, and know I am a lot stronger though, but tis time, I really want to cut and look good. Can anyone give me any tips on how to stay motivated?

Thanks a lot.

Ironweb is offline Member
    Motivation is when you look at how hard you worked to gain mass and the only thing between you and seeing all that hard work is shedding the fat. Now think about that when you want to go off track.

Do not be afraid to have a cheat meal or day. Just make sure to keep it at that one day.

Read books and mags. that can inspire you to continue forward.

Are you planning on using any clen ? It serves several benefits at the end of a cycle and plays into what you are wanting. I hope you have some clomid. I would start the clen when you start the clomid if you are planning on using it.

Now go get what you want.

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    One of the guys on here has a great tag - "If the desire is there then discipline takes care of itself" or something like that. It's so true.

When you lost your 65 lbs (v. v. v. well done on that btw!!) it was easy because the desire was there.

Now it sounds like you are torn between three desires - the desire to get big, the disire to get ripped and the desire to f'in nice food!!

Only when one of those desires pails the others into the shadows will your mind be set. If the intense desire to get ripped isn't quite there yet just keep working on it - keep going over in your mind what you want and weigh everything up. Do as Ironweb says and read loads of bb'ing books and mags and basically do whatever it takes to stoke that fire bro!!

Good luck!!

Daz

chinups Guest
    MIRROR!

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    cheat days are my best modivation. if you have something to look forward to its easy.

Also take a picture of yourself once a month or so, i have them taped inside my workout book. I can see exactly what has changed and that does wonders for me.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by defdaz
    One of the guys on here has a great tag - "If the desire is there then discipline takes care of itself" or something like that. It's so true.

Good luck!!

Daz

Its the Einstein quote in my signature.

Taste is a matter of adaption. Find something you can stand, force it untill it actually tastes OK.
    Take a picture of yourself and a picture of someone you want to look like and put them where ever creates the most inspiration.

A diet is kind of like training--It's different for everyone. Find the combination of foods that works for you(taste & health wise) and stick too it.
    Get support from the board and whoever is around in your physical life away from AR. It's all about finding a program that works for you. Once you find that program, the progress yousee from it will motivate you to not fall off.
    Have a cheat meal or day, but after you are on a diet for a while and you try a cheat day, that good tasting bad food will put a hurtin on your digestion to the point where the cheats don't get to be so drastic.

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    Ah! Pheedno - I got the n in the wrong place, d'oh!

Great advice chaps!

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    mighty, I am right there with ya bro, I am exactly the same way. I have tried everything, but some of this stuff we all eat is nasty! Ya just gonna suck it up and tell yourself that looking in the mirror is much more gratifying than that pizza.
    Good luck bro!

Thread Information