Thread: Whole EGGS?

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member

Whole EGGS?

I usually eat like 11-12 egg whites every morning and 1 yolk. I remember Arnie saying eat the whole egg and eliminate fat somewhere else in your diet. This morning I ate 4 yolks and 2 whites. I wanna start doing this I think, I mean shit I'm bulking up I need to quit be a little pussy and eat. I just don't want to get fat...so my question is do you think it will matter that much...I mean your burn more calories while on AS don't you? I wanna change my whole diet. I had cereal for the first time in a long time this morning- not sugar cereal but this stuff called Protein Plus I mixed it with a fiber cereal, it was so good. Enough blabbin...

primodonna is offline Female Member
    a few whole eggs aren't going to kill you..and seeing as how you're not dieting...go for it

whole eggs have a very good amino acid profile as well (most coming from the yolk)
    What happens here, stays here

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Many posts on eggs ..... But yeh Yolks aren't bad ... It really depends on if your really watchin calories .... if not then eat up... Off dieting your calories from fat will be around 20% your total intake ... There are much worse foods out there and without the protein supply of the Yolks .... good luck

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    I rarely do less than 3 yolks and 6 whites. Some of the newest studies from the NIH are saying that the cholesterol in eggs is not harmful, and that the fat may be good as well!

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

No Kidding?

Dam!
    When I think about all the yolks that got dumped down my sink. Actually, the yoks make the eggs taste much better, but I have been only eating 2 whole 4 whites for a while now. Gotta watch the fat content.
    IC

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I always sling a couple into my shake in the AM.Just don,t go mad

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Used to do 8-12 raw egg shakes mixed with juice ...but I dropped juice long ago so ,dont anymore

Titanium2 is offline Junior Member
    If you are on a mass kick, then the yolks are great! As pointed out, eggs have the most complete amino acid profile. Some of that is in the yolk. The fats in the yolk are good ones. They make you healthier, rather than sicker. Kind of like flax seed oil. It's fat, but it's good fats. Don't get me wrong, flax and egg yolks don't contain the same things......

Anyone with a cholesterol concern. They may raise total cholesterol, but will decrease the bad cholesterol. My dad has high cholesterol. I eat at least a dozen yolks a week, which our society has conditioned everyone to beleive to be bad... I had blood work done. 139 or something close to it is considered OUTSTANDING for a low cholesterol level. I ate an italian, creamy sauce meal the night before the test, and my level was 89!!! So keep that in mind when you get the cholesterol argument.

Aguro is offline Associate Member
    Will that cholesterol catch me later? i am 20 and eating 3 yolk a day.. Cholesterol is scary my boss at job doing some and he pack 8 fruit a day now as a lunch.. But still.. hes 40. Does the way you cook the egg change the cholesterol amount? I dont use any oil to cook them..

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Most of the new research today links cholesterol dangers to genetics more so than diet. Some people genetically have higher levels in the blood and if you also have an incidence for heart disease then you're at a greater risk for developing problems. Find out your family history and go from there. You really need to know your family history because it is of vital importance.

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    Most people don't have any problems eating whole eggs. I eat 2 eggs a day, mixed with 4 whites.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Cholestrol

Originally posted by Aguro
    Does the way you cook the egg change the cholesterol amount? I dont use any oil to cook them..
    Most deffently yes! Fried eggs are much higher in cholesterol than say pouched eggs which manily only contains the cholestrol that is in the eggs and not what may be added to it via grease and oils.

I do have to agree with dumbells though. Potential dangers to over all health are mainly contributed to gentically prone indiviuals for these problems.
    IC

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Use cooking spray! Case solved....NEXT QUESTION!!! hehe

PammyJ is offline Female Member
    I use fat free spray butter.
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Do not do what you would undo if caught. -- Leah Arendt

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member

I eat eggs like 3 meals a day

there just so damn satisfying and easy to make...lately been doing 3 yolks and 5 whites

well today I had eggs for 4 meals- shit! That's 12 yolks- damn! Anyone let me borrow a artery declogging utensil?

Thread Information