WSURAIDER is offline New Member

Please Review my bulking diet

Hey guys,
    Some of you might know me from the fitness board, but this is my first post here. My stats are 6'4, 196 lbs., about 9-10 percent body fat. I am looking to bulk while keepng fat gains to a minimal, realizing they are inevitable. My split is 3 days per week, consisting of high volume of sets in the 6-8 range. Mondays are chest/bis/tris, Wednesdays are Legs/Shoulders, Fridays is back. Here is my diet. Please give some feedback.

6:00 AM: 1/2 cup oats, 1 apple, 1 can tuna

8:15: Post workout shake

9:00 : 1/2 cup rice, 1 apple, 3 egg whites

11 : 1/2 cup oats, 1 chicken breast, serving of nuts

1 PM: 1 can tuna, 1/2 cup oats, veggies

4 PM: 1 chicken breast, 1/2 cup oats, sugar free jello

7 PM: 2 servings cottage cheese, tuna

as you can see, i need some help, and all criticism will be appreciated

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    Hi Bro,

Are you naturally lean, an ectomorph type or have you had to work hard to get that lean? Just asking as the answer has a huge bearing on how good your diet is.

If you are naturally lean then I'd say eat a bit more, maybe a couple more protein drink if you can't stomach more food. If not then it sounds about right. I take it you like oats yeah?!

Do you plan on eating more on workout days or anything like that?

A few more egg white with the 9:00 meal would be good too I think - 3 egg whites is roughly 10 gram of protein.

HTH

Daz

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Yeah I agree defdaz,
    Really depends on how easily you gain BF before an adequate recommendatoin can be reached. The diet looks ok from here although I am not a big fan of eating nuts of any kind. Maybe you could throw in some glutamine with the morning meal if you do not wish to increase the eggs whites.
    Tobey

WSURAIDER is offline New Member
    Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, I would definitely not call myself a straight ectomorph. I do find cutting to be a fairly fast process, but I have to do a lot of cardio to get it done. Knowing that I do have to work hard to stay lean, what suggestions would you guys give?

Thread Information