RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member

Angry WHY can't I do a LOW-CARB!!!

What's up guys,
    I have a physical testing coming up soon, and the way it's worked out, your score is based on a series of events that all depend on your bodyweight. So if you're bodyweight is lower, the easier it is for you. I'm trying to drop some weight (206 with roughly 15% fat - 175-180 at 10%fat) through a low carb. Here's the simple breakdown:

Day 1 - 230 g Protein/50 g Carb/30 g Fat (All EFA)
    Day 2 - 230 g Protein/50 g Carb/30 g Fat
    Day 3 - 260 g Protein/100 g Carb/50 g Fat
    Day 4 - 230 g Protein/50 g Carb/30 g Fat
    Day 5 - 230 g Protein/50 g Carb/30 g Fat
    Day 6 - 230 g Protein/50 g Carb/30 g Fat
    Day 3 - 260 g Protein/100 g Carb/50 g Fat

Here's the problem, by the third day, I'm tired, cranky and aching any food I can get! It's not a "starvation" hunger, but a CRAVING! I need some help bro's! What works well to kill the cravings! I heard black coffee, straight, is great because it's empty, no fat/carb/protein and suppresses appetite. But I need more! Any input on those of you who have successfully done this would be greatly appreciated! I just need something to help me keep this going for a few weeks. Thanks bro's!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Dude - you have about 30 days to totally reset your insulin response... after that, carbs and especially sugar just makes you sick and gives you a headache.

I did a carb depletion and when I was weening back on I could not tollerate soft drinks and a post workout apple gave me a real boost.

You will hit the wall frequently the first 20-30 days (I stopped truly hitting the wall after about a week or two) but after that your body gets used to burning the fat for energy and it gets easier. Just remeber you need at least 30g for normal brain functions and eat most of your allowances post workout.

Stay away from anyone who tries to encourage cheating.

You could try some Hydroxycitric Acid (Garcinia Cambodia Fruit) for the hunger cravings and carb matabolism. HydroxyCut has a large amount (why you have to pop so many pills) with some stimulants to give you a boost.
    Last edited by Warrior; 10-05-2002 at 12:25 AM.

Thanks bro, it really helps hearing someone else say:
    "You'll be hitting the wall"
    "Stay away from anyone who tries to encourage cheating"

I broke into the cravings today. But tomorrow, I'll be back on it. And sticking too it. I'm going to look into the Hydroxycitric Acid to help the hunger cravings and I already know to keep my carbs fluctuating to stay away from Ketosis.

I know I'll lose strength, I'm taking Clen with 1200 mg Terribulus a day (split 600 mg when I wake up, 600 mg before bed) to help preserve muscle, but what was your strength like at the end of your Low-Carb and how did your body react to carbs again afterwards.

PS. The apple after a workout sounds like heaven. I'll give that a try.

Originally posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    I already know to keep my carbs fluctuating to stay away from Ketosis.
    Actually, you want to be borderline Ketosis. Get some Keto Stix at Wallmart to keep good measures. Once you slip into Ketosis eat a few more carbs. After awhile you will know how many carbs you will need to be borderline. Arnold did it this way.

My strength and workouts did suffer. And I felt "flabby" - like my skin loosened. You'll see after the first week. But that does not mean you gain fat weight by any means. After just 2-3 weeks I had daily comments about what I was doing and that my face was looking really lean lately...

But when I got back on them I looked great and my muscles filled up well. Which is why many bodybuilders actually started eating carbs again the day of contest. They noticed a trend that everyone was looking better the day after contest because of the glycogen boost from the carbs. So many started eating carbs again the day of.

Don't worry so much about losing strength, you will get it back due to muscle memory. And this is why you bulk and cut on two different training cycles. Your primary goal is to MAINTAIN your strength. Not to let it frop too much. You deffinitly won't get stronger unless you use EQ or Winny during.

BTW, I remember always running up this hill near work and while on my depletion I could not finish the hill anymore without hitting the wall. But after about 20-30 days I was able to finish it again.

BTW, you can add more fat. Keep it unsaturated though. This will be your new energy source - so feel free. It will help spare the protein from be used as energy. It also helps buffer insulin response from the carbohydrates you are eating so you do not spike.

Your current caloric intake seems to be at about 1110 per day. Depending on your bodyweight and energy output this may be too little. So more unsat fat can boost up a little.

I always kept this in mind: think of the macronutrients as your fuel. Carbs and protein are like tissue paper that is easly burned. Fat is like large logs. You have to go through a little pain to trick you body into burning the logs over the tissue paper... for some reason that helped me stay focused...
    Last edited by Warrior; 10-05-2002 at 01:11 AM.

I'll add more fat/Protein to get it around 1500-1600. The added fat will probably be from Pumpkin Seed Oil since most of what I get now is from Tuna and Flax Oil Seed. Thanks for the info. It's just tough to get that much protein. What did you use for your protein source?
    I usually eat 4 whole eggs, 3 cans of Tuna, 2 chicken breasts and 3 Isopure-No-Carb with water. That's a total of around 240 grams. I add in 30 grams Glutamine and 1200mg Trib, but it's still tough to down it.

Sorry, it the protein totals around 240 because I'll usually skip either on 1 of the shakes or a can of Tuna. Tastes like crap after awhile.

Thread Information