The original jason Guest

pasta nutritional values?

OK guys help me out I have been reading various databases and trying to add pasta into my diet but im getting conflicting info I think this is how it works uncooked pasta 100g has about 50g carbs in it not much fat and little protein but cooked pasta 100g has about 27g carbs not much fat and little protein does that sound right cos I know it absorbs water when cooked so for example I guess if you cooked 50g raw pasta which would have about 25g carbs in it then when it was cooked and had absorbed thae water it would weigh about 100g of cooked pasta with the values I stated above can anyone confirm or disagree with me??

thanks
    Jason

xenithon is offline Member
    hi there. I also did quite a lot of research since I started criticising everything I put in my body

Each pasta's values depends on the grade and amount of durum wheat and water in. BUT, never fear, cause there is maybe 2-3% differences so pretty much all pasta has the following properties:

Per 100g UNCOOKED (I believe ALL food should be weighed uncooked since that is only when the true values can be measured)

Carbohydrates : 73g to 81g (very rarely exceeds those boundaries, in fact I have never seen it past those 2 values)

Protein : 11g - 13g

Fat : Minimal eg. 0.2g

Tha's right - its REALLY high in carbs, thats why its so dangerous when trying to keep lean But then again, 50-60g uncooked spaghetti is a very very nice serving size cooked - most pasta swells 1.5 - 2x their original size so it will fill ya up. So when measuring how much you want, if you measure 60g and your plate is only like 1/3 full - dont worry, there'll be plenty there after cooking.

Tekto is offline Junior Member
    Hey bro, the old scale that my mom had in the kitchen just broke out. Can u recommend me a site that sell scales for measuring food?

The original jason Guest
    thanks bro thats what i thought nice one

Jason

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Eat them uncooked and there is no guessing.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Scales . . .

Originally posted by Tekto
    Hey bro, the old scale that my mom had in the kitchen just broke out. Can u recommend me a site that sell scales for measuring food?
    It's not designed for measuring food, but I found that the best scale is the digital, battery-powered Pelouze postal scale. You can get them at the major office supply stores like Staples, Office Max, etc. They're not cheap, but they're better than any food scale because you can put a dish or plate on it, turn it on, and the scale will automatically read zero - then simply add your food. Also, they weigh up to 80 ounces (most food scales only go to 16 ounces), and you can switch between lbs. and kg.

xenithon is offline Member
    Well,

I use either my dad's scale - a professional engineering scale! Its like what u were talking about - put a plate on switch on and it registers 0. Also if you wanna for example measure cereal + milk, simply add the cereal to the right weight, then reset to 0, then add milk and measure only milk! aahhh the wonders of science.

the other thing to use and Id recommend this for all

http://www.soehnle.com/SoehnleIntern...ID=97&ulangID=

soehnle - best scales in the world

Tekto is offline Junior Member
    Thanks guys! I think I know what is going to be my holyday present!

Thread Information