AverageWorkouts is offline Junior Member

Cheat Meal Questions

Hi, just looking for a few answers/opinions on cheat meals.

Currently my cheat meal is the day before my off day.

It looks like this

Subway - 12 inch, honey oat bread, Italian BMT, 6 pieces of bacon, mayo, 2 cookies and a Coke.

Thats not going overboard is it? I guess I could cut out the cookies if it is.

Also... How bad is a cheatmeal on your body? I meen ya the next day youll weigh in 2 pounds heavier but wont you burn it off through that days workouts?

Finally, how bad is coke on your cheat DAY ( not meal )

I know its a cheal meal but it would be nice to have 2 cokes, 1 for lunch, 1 for dinner. Like I said before wont it just come off in the next days workout? Especially sense its a liquid thats just sugard up?

I know these questions seem petty but they have been buggin me everytime I have my cheal meal.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageWorkouts View Post
    Hi, just looking for a few answers/opinions on cheat meals.

Currently my cheat meal is the day before my off day.

It looks like this

Subway - 12 inch, honey oat bread, Italian BMT, 6 pieces of bacon, mayo, 2 cookies and a Coke.

Thats not going overboard is it? I guess I could cut out the cookies if it is.

Also... How bad is a cheatmeal on your body?cheat meals actually are good for your body in a way, if you eat clean all the time then your body will eventually catch on to that and your metabolism will try to slow down to reach equilibrium, the cheat meal shocks your body because it's not used to it and kickstarts your metabolism again
    I meen ya the next day youll weigh in 2 pounds heavier but wont you burn it off through that days workouts?1 lb of fat is 3500 calories and i doubt that meal has more than 1000 calories, so are probably weighting more because the food is still in your stomach and you've eaten more that day than normal, the salt content in it could also be causing your body to store more water

Finally, how bad is coke on your cheat DAY ( not meal )
    i don't drink any caloric drinks/soft drinks anymore for a simple reason, they are liquid sugar and when you combine sugar with fat it causes the fat to be stored in the body faster because(1) your body uses the sugar for quick energy and stores the fat for later use(2) the sugar spike releases insulin which is very good at storing anything you have in your stomach or digesting as fat, drink diet coke if you can because normal coke is horrible for you

I know its a cheal meal but it would be nice to have 2 cokes, 1 for lunch, 1 for dinner. Like I said before wont it just come off in the next days workout? Especially sense its a liquid thats just sugard up?

I know these questions seem petty but they have been buggin me everytime I have my cheal meal.
    hope that helps
    Last edited by Phate; 04-27-2008 at 07:42 PM.

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    I would say have your cheat meal on the first day of your training week so your sure to use the extra cals your ingesting and have a better work out as a result of the rush of extra carbs and sugars.Also if you have this absoloute need to cheat and cravings are unbarable not that you said that but people who need to cheat to soften the stress of the diet usually have some sort of psycholigical love affair with food.Remember to large of a cheat meal or cheat meals in the week will no doubt slow your fat loss.I don't cheat with sweets 1 day a week on Monday I double up on the carbs in my first 3 meals and double up on the PWO carbs and protein,I do this when I'm clean bulking.When I ripping up I just cycle my carbs which keeps my metabolism rolling and never stalling.

Nice, both of these posts made me feel at ease about my cheat meals. Sucky part is I gotta have atleast 1 Soda a week, and I steer cleer from Diet Coke due to rumors. Ill just have to add on 10 minutes of cardio for my 10 minutes of joy drinking my pop haha.

Thanks for the info and suggestions guys.

holzy3 is offline New Member
    i like to eat my cheat meal (1 large pizza) after my hardest workout of the week which is legs. that way the meal is used to replenish the energy stores i have just used and also will help with the building of new muscle

Braveheart04 is offline Associate Member
    I think cheat meals can be very benefital to a person who is dieting. In saying this, you certainly don't want to do it all the time, i.e. every other day, but 1 or 2 meals a week isn't going to hurt you. It will slow fat loss, but in the grand scheme that isn;t a bad thing as I feel you can shed weight too quickly.

ChuckLee is offline Scammer
    A cheat meal a week is not bad, to the contrary you NEED it.
    Your body likes to run in omeostasis, so you have to fix this having a cheat meal.
    I would have it the day before a workout though.

CL

I have my cheat meal on my offday then workout the next day. I compensate for the cheat meal by eatining light throughout the day though.

Been thinking about moving my cheat meal to a day where I work out and then I work out again the next day. Is that a better idea or am I good with what I got going on.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    the good ol cheat meal question. now without reading any of the previous posts i'm going to guess that two people said they were good for you?! anywho, if you feel overwhelmed or stressed with your diet THAT is when you should have a cheat meal. for the CNS only. you can keep your body's metabolic engines guessing and continue fat burning by carb cycling on a clean diet just as well as you can by eating whatever the hell you want in a meal.

That being said, as far as a legit cheat meal goes, there are no rules. do what you want. it's called cheating and when you really feel like you need it, unleash hell.

but don't stray from your diet afterward. eat exactly what you would had you not cheated. get right back in the game. and if you are feeling a little guilty about the cheat go for a walk after. that's if you can walk after.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    the good ol cheat meal question. now without reading any of the previous posts i'm going to guess that two people said they were good for you?! anywho, if you feel overwhelmed or stressed with your diet THAT is when you should have a cheat meal. for the CNS only. you can keep your body's metabolic engines guessing and continue fat burning by carb cycling on a clean diet just as well as you can by eating whatever the hell you want in a meal.

That being said, as far as a legit cheat meal goes, there are no rules. do what you want. it's called cheating and when you really feel like you need it, unleash hell.

but don't stray from your diet afterward. eat exactly what you would had you not cheated. get right back in the game. and if you are feeling a little guilty about the cheat go for a walk after. that's if you can walk after.
    last time I had a real cheat meal, I couldnt even lie down

Ya my cheat meal of Subway with cookies and a coke turned into just that and.... another coke and some ice cream haha.

Doubled my cardio today to make up for it. Damn Ice cream, so delicious yet so bad for you.

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    I eat pizza coke and ice cream

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    have ya'll tried breyers slow churned ice cream, it's like 120cal per 1/2 cup, where premium ice cream is at least 250 or more for the same amount, it's really good and not that bad for you for ice cream, i throw some reeces cereal and marshmallows on it about once a week or so

Quote Originally Posted by audis4 View Post
    last time I had a real cheat meal, I couldnt even lie down
    been there bro.

Quote Originally Posted by AverageWorkouts View Post
    Ya my cheat meal of Subway with cookies and a coke turned into just that and.... another coke and some ice cream haha.

Doubled my cardio today to make up for it. Damn Ice cream, so delicious yet so bad for you.
    man, if Tai were still around he could tell you of his cheats. not only is the guy over 250, but he straight up put food away. we're talking large pizza, bread sticks, wings, diet coke, ice cream, brownie, and a couple brewskies.

unhuman.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    my last cheat meal (eatin in roughly 45min) looked something like this....

1 grande meal from taco bell
    2 BBQ chicken sandwiches from KFC
    2 cookies, 2 apple empanadas
    Large patch of cinnamon sticks from dominoes
    about 1,000 cals worth of candy bars
    1.5 pints of ben and jerrys (oatmeal cookie and mint chocolate cookie)

mmm, I think thats it. and when i got home about 1 hour later I wanted cereal

Thread Information