Industrial is offline New Member

My situation as well as diet.

Hey, just wondering if you guys can help me with something, it’s driving me completely insane. I am 20 years old, 5'7, and only 135 pounds. Less then a year ago I was 125. At one point during the year I was able to reach 147 or so using massive amounts of gainer which I later found out that I should not have been drinking that much because it was pushing my calories very far over what they should have been for healthy gaining. Also I no longer drink gainer because I want lean muscle mass as opposed to what gainer will give you.

My problem is that so far with my current diet I am still not gaining weight. When I look in the mirror after my days in the gym I look bigger and bigger each time but then I will step on the scale and be the same weight. Below is my diet currently. I’m just looking for any help possible or perhaps an explanation as to why I am not gaining any weight.

Also, I would like to say that I am not using any steroids as I obviously should not be. I simply use this forum for information on dieting and exercise. I go to the gym 3 times a week (full body workout each time) and do light cardio on some of my off days. I get 8-9.5 hours of sleep each night with the occasional exception every once and while.

I would also like to add that before I added the extra 600 or so calories onto my diet I was not losing any weight either.

Diet:

When I wake up.
    2 fried eggs – 180
    2 Slices of Whole Wheat Bread – 138
    1 tbsp Flax Oil – 130
    1 cup of 1% Milk – 102

2 hours later
    Snack
    Half a cup of blanched unsalted peanuts – 414

2 hours later
    Half a chicken breast fried – 161
    1 Cup Whole Wheat Pasta – 174

2 hours later
    Same as above

2-3 hours later
    This meal varies in what I feel like eating that day. The meal normally ranges from 350-600 Calories.

Before Sleep
    Half a cup of a mixture of Olive and Canola Oil. – 950
    Last edited by Industrial; 05-15-2008 at 09:22 AM.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    bro, are you kidding me?

What are your total cals for the day?
    list your macros for each meal and final for the day.

...your diet is HORRIBLE!!

I like the meal before bed

I would start reading more, look at narks and novas diet thread.

ChuckLee is offline Scammer
    What is this fry fetish??

TheArtist is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial View Post
    Before Sleep
    Half a cup of a mixture of Olive and Canola Oil. – 950
    wow. you da man.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckLee View Post
    What is this fry fetish??
    I mostly fry because of a matter of timing. I barely have enough free time during the day to bake chicken and such. The eggs I could boil in the morning in a little more then the amount of time it takes to fry them if I needed to but I don't see much harm in frying.

Quote Originally Posted by audis4 View Post
    bro, are you kidding me?

What are your total cals for the day?
    list your macros for each meal and final for the day.

...your diet is HORRIBLE!!

I like the meal before bed

I would start reading more, look at narks and novas diet thread.
    Calories - 3084

meal 1 -
    fat 32.2
    carbs 24.6
    protien - 28

meal 2 -
    fat 35.95
    carbs 11.75
    protien 18.85

meal 3 -
    fat 4.9
    carbs 37.6
    protien 36.30

meal 4 -
    fat 4.9
    carbs 37.6
    protien 36.30

meal 5 -
    depends on what I want for the day. heres an average of some of the meals I alternate.
    fat 15.6
    carbs 52.40
    protien 26.40

meal 6 -
    fat 108
    carbs 0
    protien 0

Total

fat 201.55
    carbs 163.95
    Protien 119.15

Oddly enough over the last week I have somehow put on four pounds. So I am no longer to concerned about this. As I think the oil before bed seems to be doing its job now.

I don't completely see what is so horrible about my diet. My protein is a bit higher then is recommended for someone doing light to moderate work out. My fat amount isn't something to be to concerned about since my body is seems to process anything that it takes in at a very fast rate (not to mention that they are all omeg-a 3/6 fats). And as for the carbs, well I could cut those down a bit more near the middle of the day if need be.
    Last edited by Industrial; 05-16-2008 at 02:55 PM.

ChuckLee is offline Scammer
    Never seen a diet with fats higher than protein before...fortunately.

Dude, do your research on dieting before doing something to regret in the future.

Oddly enough over the last week I have somehow put on four pounds. So I am no longer to concerned about this. As I think the oil before bed seems to be doing its job now.

I don't completely see what is so horrible about my diet. My protein is a bit higher then is recommended for someone doing light to moderate work out. My fat amount isn't something to be to concerned about since my body is seems to process anything that it takes in at a very fast rate (not to mention that they are all omeg-a 3/6 fats). And as for the carbs, well I could cut those down a bit more near the middle of the day if need be.
    not sure why you posted then. sounds like your doing well.

I'll let you be....

Quote Originally Posted by audis4 View Post
    not sure why you posted then. sounds like your doing well.

I'll let you be....
    I posted more so because I was looking for an explanation as to why I was not growing at all over about a 2-3 week period, but it seems for some reason I've started to shoot up again as of weighing myself this morning.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    I posted more so because I was looking for an explanation as to why I was not growing at all over about a 2-3 week period, but it seems for some reason I've started to shoot up again as of weighing myself this morning.
    No shiiiit your putting on weight. Your taking in over 200g of fat a day, unreal. The weight your puting on is FAT. Some of your lifts might be increasing but this doesnt necessarily mean your puting on lean muscle.
    Last edited by abbot138; 05-16-2008 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abbot138 View Post
    No shiiiit your putting on weight. Your taking in over 200g of fat a day, unreal. The weight your puting on is FAT. Some of your lifts might be increasing but this doesnt necessarily mean your puting on lean muscle.
    Although I agree that eating large amounts of certain types of fat will make you gain a lot of fat, I do not agree that eating a fairly large amount of healthy fats when you have a fast metabolism will make you gain mostly fat.

Eating fat does not make you FAT.

You gotta do some research on here bro. Thats not "fairly large" that is an obscene amount of any kind of fat. Its great that your eating healthy fats and not all saturated fat, but you dont need anywhere near that level of fats. You have a long, long road ahead of you. No one is trying to rag on you, but honestly your not even close with your diet.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=113010 Use this thread as a starter as it appears you are looking to put on some size. But please whatever you do stop eating 200g of fat a day, its just flat out stupid. Good luck.
    Last edited by abbot138; 05-16-2008 at 05:05 PM.

You gotta do some research on here bro. Thats not "fairly large" that is an obscene amount of any kind of fat. Its great that your eating healthy fats and not all saturated fat, but you dont need anywhere near that level of fats. You have a long, long road ahead of you. No one is trying to rag on you, but honestly your not even close with your diet.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=113010 Use this thread as a starter as it appears you are looking to put on some size. But please whatever you do stop eating 200g of fat a day, its just flat out stupid. Good luck.
    You are more than likely right, it does seem like an obscene amount. I will cut out of oil at the end of the day. What would you suggest doing to fill those calories though? I need to make up 950 somewhere . I think I'll start buying fruit baskets to have later on in the day.

What changes would you guys recommend making in my diet? I did not think it was SO bad off (other than the oil), but the responses seem to be saying otherwise.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Up the protein and carbs. You could prob keep the fat around 90-100g a day, eliminating the oil before bed will go a long way in acomplishing that. Try to get 2-2.5g of carbs for every lb you weigh and 1.5-2g of protein per pound of weight. Just eat, eat, eat at your weight you should be able to put size on relatively easily.

200g fat

Dicknang is offline Associate Member
    May I ask why you drink oil? Was it purely to get your calorie quota for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Dicknang View Post
    May I ask why you drink oil? Was it purely to get your calorie quota for the day?
    Yes, it was one of the easiest as well as most cost effective way to bump my calories up per day.

Up the protein and carbs. You could prob keep the fat around 90-100g a day, eliminating the oil before bed will go a long way in acomplishing that. Try to get 2-2.5g of carbs for every lb you weigh and 1.5-2g of protein per pound of weight. Just eat, eat, eat at your weight you should be able to put size on relatively easily.
    Thank you, I will try that.

No problem, and read that link that i posted, it has some really good information in it. Just keep eating, like i said at your weight (if you follow some basic bulking guidelines) you will put size on in a hurry.

Thread Information