tryn2getripped is offline New Member

Red face help with my diet and losing fat.

i know a lot of posts are up about diets and eating but i would really like some help. i am basically eating all protein. i have always had a slower metablosim. so i eat pretty much no sgar unles its in an apple or something, my carbs come from the few thats in my protein shakes and once in a while i have a peanut butter and honey sandwich. FOr the most part all i am eating is pretein shakes, tuna, cottage cheese, few vegge's, tons of water, yogurt(which i plan to stop eating cause of the sugar)i have to piss every 20 damn minutes, and my majority of carbs that i get (other than the ones in my shakes) are what are in my last meal. i have to eat what my mom cooks. but i dont eat a lot at night, usually. i started doing my cardio in the morning before i eat with a fat loss supp. rightnow that supp is beast ripped and shredded cause it was free, but i oredered xenadrine. my question is am i on the right track to lose body fat. i started doing cardio in the morning 4 times a week with abs and calves. i work out with weights almost everyday of th eweek. usually 5 days on with the weekend off. cept for righ now caus ei am sick. so am i on th eright trrack to lose about 6% bodyfat? i am at about 16-18% right now. i weight about 195 and i am 6'2. i can lift a decent amount of weight on most of my lifts and i just changed my routine. so am i gonna start losing some weight or do i need something else. please help me out please. thanks

beenie is offline Senior Member
    What you are describing is NOT a low carb diet. An apple a day- you have blown it. Cottage cheese, yogert, peanut butter and HONEY? None of these are low carb.

i beleive i said once in a while for the peanut butter and honey sandwich and i have had 2 apples in the last 2 weeks so those arent much of a factor. the yogurt has more sugar in it than anything. thats why im not gona eat that anymore. i really want to lose fat for a dance i have coming up. everyone just a swimsuit and bodypaint. i want to look good for this dance. its in january. i will do what i have to to get rid of some fat. someone please help me out. should i just drink protein drinks and eat tuna untill then? how many minutes of cardio do i need to do. and should i do it everyday or is that too much. i really want to lose this damn fat. and also. would it help to take taraxatone like 5-10 days before the dance to look more cut?

overactive-girl is offline Female Member
    he said low carb, not NO carb!
    you're doing fine. just keep at it. make sure you change your mode of cardio every 3-4 weeks until then so that your body is always being challenged (example: switch from running to cycling, etc). increase the intensity from time to time. and if you really want to start burning calories, try interval training. keep pushing yourself. and if you do eat bp and honey or apples- do it early in the day and try to stay away from them at night (some people will say not to eat them after 12 noon).
    good luck, and what kind of dance is this anyway...swimsuit and bodypaint?????

Red face

yeah i just started doing interval training on the bike for 20 minutes at a time. its not enough though so tomorrow morning i am going to do that and then 10-15 minutes on the treadmill. The dance is called south seas, its fuckin tight. lots of half naked chicks dancing, tits in my face everywhere i turn. its the most popular dance of the year. and since its my last south seas(im a senior) i want to look good. theres like 1200 people packed into a cafeteria. takes like 2 weeks to get the paint off though. Today(wednesday) i got the xenadrine that i ordered and my 10 lbs of protein from all sports nutrition so im pretty stoked on that. hopefully they will help me out in the fat burning. the protein that i have now i got for free cause it was expired and it has too much fat in it. ITs musclemilk by cytosport. It tastes good and for some reason i get a good pump with it but too much fat. like 18 grams per serving. its suppossedly a fat not stored but burned as energy.

Originally posted by tryn2getripped
    i beleive i said once in a while for the peanut butter and honey sandwich and i have had 2 apples in the last 2 weeks so those arent much of a factor. the yogurt has more sugar in it than anything. thats why im not gona eat that anymore. i really want to lose fat for a dance i have coming up. everyone just a swimsuit and bodypaint. i want to look good for this dance. its in january. i will do what i have to to get rid of some fat. someone please help me out. should i just drink protein drinks and eat tuna untill then? how many minutes of cardio do i need to do. and should i do it everyday or is that too much. i really want to lose this damn fat. and also. would it help to take taraxatone like 5-10 days before the dance to look more cut?
    I will repeat: You are NOT on a low carb diet.

It takes your body three days to go into ketosis. This is when you start living off your own bodyfat (rather than getting your energy from carbs). One apple = 25 grams of carb. When I am low carbing, thats what i would eat in a week, not one sitting. So One apple means you can start the clock counting again for three days to go back into ketosis and to start cutting again.

Now lets talk about your peanut butter and honey sanfwhich, okay? Two slices of bread= 50 grams of carb. One tablespoon of peanut putter= 8 grams of carb. One tblespoon of honey= 20 grams of carb.

Lets think about this. your sandwhich (here is a conservitive estimate because I bet you put on more than this):

2 slices of bread= 50 grams carb
    4 tbs pb= 32 grams carb
    4tbs hone= 80 grams carb

I am counting 162 grams of cab in about a 60 second sitting. That would be my intake in about three months. But if you do it figure three days of NO carbs and you can get back i1nto ketosis and start the process all over.

If you really feel like eating carbs on a low carb diet, you would do sooo much better with green leafy vegitables. 1 cup pf lettuce = 1 gram of carb. You could have had 162 cups of lettuce for the same number of carbs you had with one sandwhich.

You are very young, and your metabolism is naturally fast now, so you may be able to get away with it. My point here is that your diet does not sound very low to me. Maybe you should consider just upping your cardio.

i dont know how u can say i am not on a low carb diet. IM not trying to be a dick, but generally u are allowed one cheat day a week. that is when i have something that i want. not to excess. i have had one apple in the past 2 or 3 weeks, one peanut butter and honey sandwhich in the last 2 weeks and u tell me that i am not on a low carb diet? i guess i dont understand that. here is what i ate today. 5 eggs this morning with 2 yolks, 6 protein drinks, with 40 grams in each one, about a cup of cottage cheese, can of tuna with some salsa, lots of water, and later and for dinner i am going to eat a chicken breast or 2. this is what my diet consists of daily, except for that one cheat day, that a lot of time i dont take. my total intake of calories today was, 12 scoops protein-1320 calories, eggs- about 190 calories, tuna-175, cottage cheese-about 190 caories, so my total with out chicker or anything else is 1890 calories. this is all spread thru out the day also.
    Like i said before, im not trying to be a dick, i just think that my diet is pretty damn good for me. having a cheat day is not a big deal, most bodybuilders have one also. If my cheat day consists of an apple, or a peanut butter and honey sandwhich, then i dont see a problem, at least im not eating pizza and ice cream. and also, on that sandwhich, i use maybe, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, maybe 2 tablespoons honey, and i use whole wheat bread.

xenithon is offline Member
    don't worry, and lets not fight here. beenie is always an advocate of 0 carbs. i think he even said he cut out toothpaste brands cause they had carbs

do what feels right. IMO stay 100-150g / day, and up the cardio

Originally posted by xenithon
    don't worry, and lets not fight here. beenie is always an advocate of 0 carbs. i think he even said he cut out toothpaste brands cause they had carbs

do what feels right. IMO stay 100-150g / day, and up the cardio
    Don't know about 0 carbs but 20 grams I'd consider low.

When did this "cheat day" become part of low carb? Isn't tha Keto diet or CDK?

xenithon is offline Member
    i am not sure - i must admit i am not too familiar. i think the confusion lies in the terms: I believe that low carb is having like under 100 or 150g/day for a 200lbs person. no carb is when you are talking 10-20g, because you are bound to get at least 10g carbs from foods in the day whilst cutting any intended carb sources

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    atkins diet and typical keto diets are 20g max for the induction period. some stretch it out the whole diet.

thats what we call low carb around here. You can have under 20 but you have to stick to mainly chicken,tuna,fish and lean meats.

no bread,potatoes,honey,flour products ect.

the lower you go with carbs the faster the loss of body fat generally.

SneakerSeven is offline Junior Member
    cutting toothpaste? What does he do, eat it?

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO, screw the cardio, just eats at hard-earned muscle. Unless you're training for something endurance wise, leave it alone. Instead, manipulate your HR by using drop/super/circuit style training to keep it up and burn away at calories. Sounds easy? Damn tough when you're on a low/no carb diet....weak as a kitten my bro, but you'll save yourself some hard-earned muscle.

Thread Information