assman2323 is offline New Member

need to lose body fat help?!?!

i have been working out daily and eating right for a few months now and havent seen any results ive followed dif workouts and diets nothing seems to work i havent taken any supplements either. i know this sounds ridiculous but i really want to cut fat i weigh about 220 im 6 foot and its all in my gut.. if anyone has any advice please help..

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by assman2323 View Post
    i have been working out daily and eating right for a few months now and havent seen any results ive followed dif workouts and diets nothing seems to work i havent taken any supplements either. i know this sounds ridiculous but i really want to cut fat i weigh about 220 im 6 foot and its all in my gut.. if anyone has any advice please help..
    Post your diet and cardio and stats please.

stats

i wake up every morning and eat special k cereal with fat free skim milk and some protein powder. then i go to the gym and run for about 25 mins then i lift light weights with more reps i use hammer strenght machines and put a 35 on each side and work each one 13 reps 3 sets.. not sure if this is good or bad i never had any training or anything just do it on my own i do incline decline and flat.. thats about 3 days a week i run everyday and work arms and back 3 days.. any advice you have would be great and i will follow it exactly and post my results thanks!

forgot eating habits

sorry forgot the rest of my diet.. i drink plenty of water throughout the day and ill eat another bowl of cereal for luch and usually some grilled chx or seafood for dinner with veggies as sides always grilled never fry anything

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    your diet is horrible, so is the training, go read up on training in the workout section, here is the diet i use for cutting, use it or model after it

CARDIO

cardio is, but the type of cardio is what he's talking about, running is not the best for fat burning

for low intensity long duration cardio i would use a stationary bike or walk at 3.0-4.0mph on a high incline for 30-50minutes

for HIIT training i would use a stairstepper, elliptical or stationary bike and do this
    5minutes warm up
    1min at 40-50% of max effort
    30sec at 85-90% max effort
    1min at 40-50% of max effort
    30sec at 85-90% max effort
    continue that for 15-20 minutes or until you can't go any more
    then cool down for 5 minutes

low intensity will burn more calories from fat but will also burn less total calories as the intensity isn't as high as HIIT

HIIT training will burn a lower percentage of calories from fat, though not by much, i think the study i read said 10-12% max, but will burn many more calories total and will increase metabolism for up to 24 hours after cardio, this is called the afterburn effect, where you burn extra calories because of an increase in metabolic output

to give you an estimate i wlll outline one of my cardio routines

low intensity
    3.2-3.5mph 8%incline on treadmill for 30minutes burns 350cal

HIIT
    using what i outlined above i burn close to 500cal in 20-25minutes plus the extra that i get afterwards

DIET HELP

here is the diet that i'm on right now, it's a good base to go off of, listed below are things to help you create your own diet off it

1) One thing that will help you drastically is called carb tapering, if you notice the bulk of my carbs are in the morning and after my workout, i don't eat hardly any close to when i go to sleep

2) Another thing is that eat meal is either protein/carb or protein/fat and the fats are good fats(EFA=Essential fatty acids) from flax oil or fish oil. Try not to eat fat with carbs as the fat will become, well, fat since your body is made to be energy efficient, by putting carbs, which are easier to break down for energy, in the same meal as fats your body stores the fat for later and uses the carbs for energy, not what you want.

3) try to eat every 2-3 hours, this is the amount of time it takes for your body to digest a meal and by giving it a constant stream of food you will ensure that your metabolism is kept high, also, calories are not the same, protein has the highest thermodynamic effect, which means that it takes more calories to digest protein than carbs or fat, this also increases your metabolism

4) You should try to get at least 50-60g of protein in every meal, this is about the max your body can take at one time

5) here are some tricks for making eating so often easier, i know it's hard, i go to school 8 hours a day and i'm not allowed to bring food into class so i have to work around that
    a) Make a weeks worth of food on your day off, go buy a ton of chicken, lean turkey and very lean beef and grill it, then put it in ziplock bags and label with the amount of calories and protein per bag, YOU WILL NEED TO BUY A CHEAP SCALE FOR THIS, YOU CAN GET THEM AT GNC, MAKE SURE YOU GET ONE THAT WEIGHS IN GRAMS.
    b) save grocery sacks or get a lunch box and put a full three meals or so in there, lots of chicken, jerky, tuna, those are gonna be the staples of your diet

6) Don't drink more than two protein shakes a day, there are liquid and don't have the thermic effect normal food does, normal food should make up 95% of your diet, though a shake after workout or in a pinch is perfectly fine

DIET 2

Macros: Food/Calories/Protein-Carbs-Fat

Meal 1: 60g Oatmeal/225cal/8gP-41gC-2gF
    turkey (99/1)/260/54gP-0gC-3gF
    2 Tbsp Mayo light 40cal/0gP-2gC-3gF

Meal 2: 40g Oatmeal/150cal/5gP-27gC-1.5gF
    turkey (99/1)/260/54gP-0gC-3gF

Meal 3: 40g Oatmeal/150cal/5gP-27gC-1.5gF
    beef (96/4)/300/50gP-0gC-8gF

Meal 4: 10mL flax oil 90cal/0gP-0gC-10gF
    beef (96/4)/300/50gP-0gC-8gF

Meal 5: 10mL fish oil 90cal/0gP-0gC-10gF
    Tuna 170cal/42gP-0gC-0gF
    3.5 Tbsp Mayo light 70/0gP-4gC-5gF

Meal 6: Tuna 170cal/42gP-0gC-0gF
    3.5 Tbsp Mayo light 70/0gP-4gC-5gF
    beef or turkey 150cal/25gP-0gC-4gF

macros:Calories: 2615
    Protein: 335
    Carbs: 111
    Fats: 74

Smile thanks

ok i will follow this diet and workout plan exactly as you wrote it.. how soon till i will see results? and should i take any supplements along with it? and how many days a week do you do the cardio? thanks alot i really appreciate it

1 more thing

when you eat beef or turkey do you make sandwiches or just like a steak? like are burgers ok?? and is turkey lunchmeat ok?

10nispro is offline Productive Member
    Stay away from most lunch meats because of preservatives.

You can just brown the meat(ground beef), add some brocolli.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    ok i will follow this diet and workout plan exactly as you wrote it.. how soon till i will see results? and should i take any supplements along with it? and how many days a week do you do the cardio? thanks alot i really appreciate it
    you can take an OTC fat burner like hydroxycut if you want, do cardio 5-6x a week and workout 4-5x a week if possible

you'll start seeing results in a couple weeks, though you'll start feeling better almost immediately

when you eat beef or turkey do you make sandwiches or just like a steak? like are burgers ok?? and is turkey lunchmeat ok?
    i take the raw beef and turkey meat and weigh it, then grill it and store in my fridge in ziplock bags, then when i microwave it i put it in a bowl and add a little water and micro for 1:30 then drain off the water and put a dab of light mayo on it and some spices

processed turkey meat isn't okay, but deli sliced meat is great if you can find low cal, low fat, high protein stuff

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    this is the correct forum for this..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

ok great thanks alot for your help i will do this exactly and keep in touch if i have any more ?s i really appreciate the help... and i hope to drop some pounds soon...

Thread Information