Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~

Worthwhile to add BCAA's and Animal Pak?

So during my lifting career ive neglected to include any BCAA supplementation as well as a daily multivitamin.

I have a pretty solid diet, not totally stable yet since my work schedule changed for the summer and its thrown my eating out of whack a bit but i usually fare well.

I've been reading about BCAA's recently and i know a lot of guys swear by them in their diets as well as multivitamins such as Animal Pak for example.

Is it worthwhile to add these into my diet? Obviously it makes sense to a degree since the demands placed on a bodybuilders body are much higher than a normal person in terms of nutritional needs etc.

So bottom line, will these be worthwhile and cost justified in my diet or are they merely something most people use to fill in the 'gaps' of their diet but dont really need at all?

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Personally, I just use BCAAs while cutting. I find it helps me salvage muscle mass. The rest I derive from food.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    I feel a quality multi should be a part of any bodybuilders supp regiment, never used Animal Pak personally, ON makes a good multi. ZMA and Vit C are a couple others that I would suggest taking, given what we put our bodies through on a daily basis. Im a big fan of BCAA's I take them pre and post workout and pre and post cardio. Like Prada said they are def extremely beneficial when cutting and attempting to retain lean muscle.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    BCAAs, yes

Multi-Vitamin, it depends on how good your diet is. If you get quality fruits and veggies, a multi vitamin can actually be harmful.

And I hate Animal Pak, and I mean hate. lol.
    swallow 11 horse pills everyday and get kidney stones

I personally like NOW ADAMs But usually only take 1 a day, since I eat my fruits and veggies.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    No kidding, i didnt know that about the multi, I should research that some more because I eat a ton of fruits and veggies.

Thread Information