tryingtogain is offline Member

why when i get drunk i always have a headache?

why when i get drunk i always have a headache? im not a achololic im 17 but everytime i get drunk i get a headache why is that and it last the next day to alot

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure about the headache starting while you're drinking...it may because you aren't well hydrated when you start....the next day after drinking...is what the doctor so elequently puts is called a "hang over"

Aragorn

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by Aragorn
    I'm not sure about the headache starting while you're drinking...it may because you aren't well hydrated when you start....the next day after drinking...is what the doctor so elequently puts is called a "hang over"

Aragorn
    Aragorn is exactly correct. They did a study on this.

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Also 3 out of 4 doctors recommend brushing your teeth The dentists are still shaking their heads in amazement.

Aragorn

kreper69 is offline Associate Member
    exactly if i do go out for the night i make sure that i drink plenty of water. alcohol dehydrates you pretty bad hence the hang over the next day..

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Before you hit the rack for the night - slam a couple glasses of water... this does wonders.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    i remember an article on bodybuilding.com about alcohol. basically he said to down 2 liters right before u hit sack plus 10g of glutamine, thats what i do when ever i drink now, i think it works, at least i hope it does

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    also take a b multivitamin. it helps the liver metabolise alcohol.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I slam a half gallon of water on my way home from the bar any night I go out.
    Lots of water=No hang over

Umberto is offline Junior Member
    Screw alcohol
    SMOKE CRACK

J/K

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by saboudian
    i remember an article on bodybuilding.com about alcohol. basically he said to down 2 liters right before u hit sack plus 10g of glutamine, thats what i do when ever i drink now, i think it works, at least i hope it does
    yep....thats all I do and works like a charm. Also a few glasses of water before going home after your last few drinks.

If I'm not correct,please jump in, but I have been told that the headache is because when we drink it causes the brain to swell. And the water is supposed to help subside the swelling.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    When you dehydrate the brain swells when this happens the headaches are caused.If you club as well as drinking you will greatly increase the time it takes you to get dehydrated.

Drink the water before bed you may not feel like it but it will be better in the morning

Deltrain is offline New Member
    dehydration for sure. Also cheap beer!! If you drinking budweiser or any product made by them then thats your problem. Stick to keystones if you are going the cheap beer route. If it comes in a green bottle its trash also

BMANN is offline Associate Member
    You're only seventeen, give it time and the headaches get even worse.

Only 17... god I wish I still could shake off a hang-over as fast as I did then.

Wait 'till you're in your 30's... The hang over can last 2 days!

Thats pretty well convinced me to completely stop drinking. It's just not worth the pain afterwards.

But as others have suggested before, down LOTS of water before bed (and if you're lucky enough to work in EMS too, go to sleep with a bottle of O2, you'll wake up feeling like a new man - besides dehidration, part of a hang over is CO2 accumulation in your system).

bronzebeefcake is offline Associate Member
    Besides dehydrating you , alcohol is also a vitamin depriver...So make sure youre well hydrated and pop a couple multi-vitamins (i use mega-mens) before a night out on the town...Works wonders for me...

dern180 is offline Member
    I never get a hang over the next day. Once in a blue moon I"m hung over. But I'm alway dehydrated like a mother fucker the next day. It sucks I need to take the advice given on this thread. In fact that whats going to happen. Drink plenty of water befour I go out and a gallon the next day. Taking a multi V and Glutamine is also a good I idea. Ok I'm set to drink.

bigteez66 is offline Junior Member

yea

Instead of drinking the last weekend I tried smoking. All I can say is that I had the same amount of fun and I woke up in a really good mood! The only thing is I get REALLY HUNGRY! But I also do when I drink. Either way just don't do em.

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    i don't know what your drinkin but i'm gessin it is cheap. for instance if your drinkin vodka, instead of a brand like skohl try stoli or ketel one. works wonders. also drinks high in sugar could do it to. ex lemon drops, surfers, anything with malibu. moderation is fine but being your 17 i'm assuming your just trying to get as fuc$ed up as possible. good luck. ps before you pass out if you can remember down 2 advil

Thread Information