alert is offline Junior Member

dieting while bulking ?

just curious .. i know i could do to loose atleast 15-20 pounds of fat ... im currently 5'11 at 191.. im not doing any cardio because from what i've read its not recommended while trying to bulk ... my protein intake and food intake is where it should be but ... since im natural ... its not like i can do a cutting cycle or anything .. could i do cardio in the morning with an eca stack and still keep my protein up and bulk ?
    any recommendations ? suggestions ?

any thoughts ?

beenie is offline Senior Member
    A couple thoughts here: I think you should concentrate on one or the other: cutting or bulking. Weight is not a great standard either to judge progress. Get your body fat percentage tested, if you have not already done so, and use that as your benchmark.

Both processes take diet and exercise in different combinations, so if you really want better information please clearly state your long term objectives, where you are and exactly how you exercise and what you eat.

When guys say: “I eat good" or "I eat clean" (and to you credit you did not) it really doesn't have much meaning to me.

well i wanna get to around 200 pounds solid ... im currently supplementing with creatine , glutamine and of course protein shakes .. i have two shakes a day aswell as 3 meals ... for instance ...
    shake(~60g)
    3 eggs,toast and yogart(~25g)
    sub or two .. extra meat and cheese (~50g)
    dinner ... chicen stirfry... or mince and potatos... etc .. (~50g)
    post workout shake(~60g)
    so in total my protein intake is anywhere from 150-200+
    i workout at around 9 at night so to avoid all the people.
    my workout routine is based on bigkevs one .. works great .. 5 days a week, chest/back/shoulders/arms/legs. if i could get ahold of some roids i would use em but unfortunatly i can't so i gotta gain the hard way which is abit frustrating when the gains feel so slow

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    My recommendation is the same as Beenie's, bulk then cut. It's very difficult to lose fat and gain muscle and it takes quite a bit of time. If you want to be 200 solid, bulk up over 200lbs, I'm talking like 220-30. Make sure to eat clean, that's the key. You want HEALTHY gains, but keep in mind, fat will come too! So don't be freaked out, just keep telling yourself it's nothing and you can diet it off. Anyways, if you're at 220-230 with a BF of let's say 20%, that means you have 176-184lbs of Lean Muscle. Using a smart diet (do search on Body Opus or even a Keto diet), drop the excess 20-30 lbs and you'll be 200lbs @ 8-12% BF which is great. Get the idea bro?

yeah .. sounds good to me thx for the info fellas

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Assuming you take Ronny's advice which to me seems sound, there are a couple things you can do to help yourself through your diet (which isn't too bad in my opinion). I would try boosting the protien to 300 to 400 grams/day (1.5 to 2.0 x wour body weight in lbs.) It will help you bulk. Also you should try to limit your intake of simple carbs, like the buns you eat with your submarine sandwhiches and the potatos. If you want carbs I think you would be better with complex carbs, which take longer to digest. Even these should be eaten earlier in the day so you will have time to burn them off. This may help you lean out.

Also, I doubt that cardio will really make you lose too much muscle. 20 minutes a day at 70% of your target heart rate will help keep the bodyfat percentage from going up too much.

Thread Information