dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Foods that are a good source of casein protein...

I have the 100% Optimum Casein Protein but I just can't stomach the stuff, its so thick and chunky it makes want to puke, if it was more watery I'd just chug it like I do my Whey protein but this stuff is terrible. Whats some foods I can get instead to get some casein protein before I go to bed?

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by dece870717 View Post
    I have the 100% Optimum Casein Protein but I just can't stomach the stuff, its so thick and chunky it makes want to puke, if it was more watery I'd just chug it like I do my Whey protein but this stuff is terrible. Whats some foods I can get instead to get some casein protein before I go to bed?
    cottage cheese, Mootopia milk

B.E.N. is offline Member
    Dairy products

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dece870717 View Post
    I know what you mean, it's like downing cement!

With optimum casein I find that if you add a decent amount of water in the blender and just blend it in a couple of short spurts rather than leaving it on continuously for 15-30 sec, it is less sludgy and smoother to swallow

jc95605 is offline Senior Member
    I completely agree about ON's 100% Casein Protein. This stuff is thick as hell. You even consider it a protein shake. Its more like Protein pudding. Thats how I look at it anyway.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Take one scoop of the casein and add 1/2 cup of ff cottage cheese then plenty of water, and if you are bulking throw in some natty pb. The amount of water you add will determine the thickness.

Mr Tick is offline Associate Member
    Stop using milk!!! Use water and the shake is not bad at all. Also use 1 cup of water per scoop of powder. If you still dont like it ill tell you my address and you can donate it to me.

Thread Information