BullDogg20 is offline Member

Deer and Moose Meat????

Well Boy and girls,
    me and my dad went hunting this year like we do every year, and dureing the Moose hunt we got a 900 lb Bull Moose. and Last week i shot a 190 lb Buck Deer. Now i did a search to see how much protein these things had in them, andits very very high. i cant remember the exact amount but its high protein and they are both very low in fat espeically the Moose. so right now we have about 90 lbs of moose and Deer meet to last us a while. mmm emm mm mmm emmm its goonna be a tastsy high protein winter.

have any of you ever tried these two game meats!!!!!!!

Nibbe is offline Junior Member
    oh yeeeaaah, i love moose and deer!!

I eat deer and moose meat all the time, my folks live in the boonies so hunting is a way of life there. I actually spent most of last week in a blind up a tree hunting deer. I didn't get any deer though but the season ends in a week so hopefully my old man will get one. I did nail a dozen partridges though. Yum!

Pound for pound deer and moose just cannot be beat for low fat/high protein content (and I won't even mention the wonderfull taste!)

I envy you for the moose meat sooo much! Moose season is only open for bow hunting in my area and I am not confident enough of my bowsmanship to attempt to cleanly take down a moose.

Enjoy that meat bro!

Red

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    send me a pm red ketchup, talk hunting ands find out where u live

my7169 is offline Female Member
    I love it when hunting season comes around deer, duck and turkey are my favorites.

Grew up around hunting have been doing it actively for the last 7 years and love it.

Used to hunt with my ex all the time. Hopefully my boyfriend will go with me sometime.

HI Honey( I know you will read this sooner or later)
    BUG

"Yesterday is gone, live for today, because tomorrow may never come"

Psycoswole is offline Member
    Never tried them but am game for anything.

Anybody watch the daily show a few days ago when they mentioned ostrich meat? Said it was booming and compared to beef had more protein and less fat. Would also be interested in tryin some of that. The punch line was that consumers were wary when they found out it had high levels of OSTRICH meat (rim shot please).

I could have swore i saw a movie where a guy was trying to tell his freind that he should invest in ostrich farming because they would soon replace cattle, was a few years ago lol

Thread Information