wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver

Guys I need your advice, 90 day cutting program

Ok fellaz my stats are

6'2
    283 pounds
    17-19% b/f

Goals are

250 pounds
    10% b/f

I have 90 days to obtain my goal and would like to do it while maintaining as much mass as possible. Tell me what you think about my sample daily nutritional regimen

6:30- 1 thermodrene and 30 minutes of cardio (power-walking)

8:00- 1 multivitamin
    11 egg whites
    1/4 cup dry oats
    1 tbsp sugar free syrup

11:00- 2 chicken breasts- 60 grams protein worth.

2:00- 6 egg whites and pack of tuna (totals 60 grams protein)1 thermodrene
    3:30- train like a mad man

5:00-(post workout)- 1/2 serving cell tech and 40 grams whey

6:00- 20 grams whey

9:00- 10 egg whites

1:00- 25 grams time released protein.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    If you throw in some cardio, this will get you very quick results. And, by the way, I really like the way you posted: you state your stats and your goals and how you will try to achieve your goals. It is clear to me that you have given this a great deal of thought.

I have a couple questions. Your diet is very low fat and also low carb (with the exception of the oatmeal. Get rid of the oatmeal, and you have no carbs at all. If your goal is low car, forget the oatmeal and replace it with some thing else with more fiber and nutrients, such as lettuce, or brocolli or some green (non-bean) veggie. Otherwise, you have no fiber or veggies at all.

My other concern is that you probably won't get enough to eat here so dont be afraid to increase your fish, meat, or chicken intake. The protien will help you feel full and help you retain muscle.

Latsly, make sure you have a good high potency vitamin with this diet. It is way out of balance (which is okay to meet your objective), but you don't want any vitamin deficiencyies, right?

Good luck. Let us here about your progress.

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    Im not sure if im all for dropping carbohydrates all the way, you see I have the carbs adjusted at times of need. First thing in the morning so they will be good and burned off bye the time lunch comes around and also post workout 35 grams of carbs from cell tech, I know a lot of people reccomend taking dextrose or maltodextrin directly after your workout and it is all used up so do you think this is not a good idea? Oh and when im on a low carb or no carb diet is veggies good? like onions, bell peppers, brocolli, brussel sprouts? stuff like that?

If you are going to eat carbs, I would make sure that you get yor carbs worth. By that I mean you should get enjoyment from them. The diet you describe is completely absent of any carbs with the exception of the oatmeal (which is VERY hig in carbs) Then you are starving yourself of any carbs throught the day and supplementing with dextrose. To m, it doesn't make sense. Any benefit from low carb is lost with your supplementation of the dextrose and the ingestion of the oatmeal.

For a lower number of carbs you can eat some veggies and you will get so many other benefits from nutrients that you may be missing through supplementation.

As far as veggies go, they are not all the same. Stay away from potatos as just one small potatoe has half a cup of patato has 15 gram of carb and one sweet potato has 25 grams.
    Bell peppers have 5 grams and onions have 10 grams. Brussel sprouts have 6 grams for 6 of them.

To keep it low you are much better off with brocolli (2grams of effective carbs / half cup), cellery (1 gram/stalk), cauliflower (1.5 grams effective for 6 pieces), and you can have 2.5 cups of watercress and only get 1 gram of carb. My point is that you can eat more of those foods and still keep your carb count and fat count way down. Its more productive carbs because when you eat them it will fill you up so you wont be hungry.

If you ate nothin but sugar cubes all day long with vitamins, you would have enouugh vitamins and nutrients to survive for a long tie. What's more you wouuld be on a low fat diet. I doubt you would lose much weight, and you would still be hungry. To me starving yourself of carbs anbd then supplementing with dextrose comes pretty close to what you are suggesting.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    great info here

This isnt diet related but i really think you should add some weights in there somewhere. You could try a simple all body workout 3 times a week. Cardio x5 and SOOO MUCH WATER you will think your a fish.

no diet cokes =P water is really important

Originally posted by Buddha_Red
    This isnt diet related but i really think you should add some weights in there somewhere. You could try a simple all body workout 3 times a week. Cardio x5 and SOOO MUCH WATER you will think your a fish.
    I could not agree more. Cardio is great. It will speed up the rate of your progress PLUS it will make you feel better.

Guys, please re-read my initial post. It includes cardio first thing in the morning as well as training

Originally posted by st82hellnbak
    Guys, please re-read my initial post. It includes cardio first thing in the morning as well as training
    I just re-read: Excellent!

Guys I have decided to keep relatively low carb,moderate-low fat and high protein. I believe that this will prove to last in the long run and retain the majority of my mass,any comments?

Luke530 is offline Junior Member
    you could do that in probably like 45days...

Alfred is offline Junior Member
    just wondeing, what does the suryp do ?

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by st82hellnbak
    Guys I have decided to keep relatively low carb,moderate-low fat and high <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>. I believe that this will prove to last in the long run and retain the majority of my mass,any comments?
    I agree 100%. Especially if your are still training hard. I think things look fine and the only thing I would recommend is that you carb up slightly every 3rd day. Training for more than 3 days on a regime of low carbs and low fats can (and will) deplete glycogen stores and burn up muscle.Therefore, on the 4th day increase carb intake to at least equal that of protein to replenish glycogen.

I'm currently prepping for my first contest in April of 2003. I started out at 244lbs and about 18-20%bf. My diet looks like this:
    2000-2100 cals/day, 300+g protein, 50-100g carbs, 20-25g fat (every 4th day carbs go to 300g). I use 3 shakes daily one scoop with water in morning, one shake with dextrose immediately after workout and one shake with 2 scoops and water before bed. Everything else is whole foods. No carbs after 4pm except for salad or steamed veggies and fat free popcorn (fibre). I am down to 229lbs in a little over a month, I am maintaining all strength, have lots of energy and muscles look full and large. I also do cardio @ 60min 3x per week.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    i agree with all the brothaz thoughts on this
    only thing i wanna add is supplementing with gultamine

Luke530 is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Yung Wun
    i agree with all the brothaz thoughts on this
    only thing i wanna add is supplementing with gultamine
    yes! 25-30g. per day! very very very anticatabolic!!!

Thread Information