ATL
    ATL is offline Junior Member

help critique my cutting diet

Hey everyone, so I am 5’8.5” 221 pounds. My BMI is around 2600 and my goal is to shed some fat mass, and gain some muscle. Here I have this diet I created and would like to know whether or not this is an acceptable diet to cut some body fat with, thanks for the input!

WAKE UP:
    one hour of cardio, from fast walk to jog keep heart rate anywhere from 110 BPM to 135 BPM

MEAL ONE:
    1 ***** 3 whole egg, ¾ cup of egg whites, 1 cup of dry oatmeal, 2 slices of ham
    48 Gs of Protein, 54 Gs Carbs, 12.5 Gs of Fat, 510 Cals

MEAL TWO:
    1 ***** 3 whole egg, ¾ cup of egg whites, 3/4 cup of dry oatmeal, 2 slices of ham
    45.5 Gs of Protein, 40.5 Gs Carbs, 11 Gs of Fat, 435 Cals

Workout

PWO:
    2 scoop whey ¾ cup of oatmeal
    55.5 Gs Protein/43.5 Gs carbs/6.5 Gs Fat/465 Cals

Meal 3: 45 min later
    6 OZ chicken, ½ cup of oatmeal, one cup baby spinach
    45 Gs Protein, 38 Gs Carbs 2 Gs Fat 470 Cals

Meal 4:
    One can tuna, one cup of baby spinach ½ cup of oatmeal, 1 tbs of light mayo, one scoop whey
    54.5 G protein/24.5 carbs/7 G fat/ 360 Cals

Meal 5:
    2 scoop Whey, one Tbsp of flax
    48 Gs Protein, 6 Carbs, 16 Gs Fat, 370 Cals

Totals are
    296.5 G Pro/206.5/55 G Fat/2650 Cal

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    That looks pretty solid bud, I've never eaten ham while cutting but maybe it's ok, someone else may know better than I, I guess because of the fat and sodium content I stay away. (I hope someone tells me I'm wrong because I love ham).

I would also rethink your before bed meal, it would be better to move your shake to an earlier time during the day and sub in some protein from either real foods or in the form of a casein shake.

Cardio cardio cardio (But you already knew that)

ATL
    ATL is offline Junior Member
    haha ya im tryin for a minimum of an hour of cardio a day, this ham has only 1.5 gs of fat per 2 slices, and 530 Gs of sodium. I believe i drink enough water to offset this, considering all the oatmeal i take is ground to dust and drank with a cup of water aha. but i could definately sub the 4 pieces of ham for another 1/4 cup of egg whites per meal

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL View Post
    Hey everyone, so I am 5’8.5” 221 pounds. My BMI is around 2600 and my goal is to shed some fat mass, and gain some muscle. Here I have this diet I created and would like to know whether or not this is an acceptable diet to cut some body fat with, thanks for the input!

WAKE UP:
    one hour of cardio, from fast walk to jog keep heart rate anywhere from 110 BPM to 135 BPM

MEAL ONE:
    1 ***** 3 whole egg, ¾ cup of egg whites, 1 cup of dry oatmeal, 2 slices of ham
    48 Gs of Protein, 54 Gs Carbs, 12.5 Gs of Fat, 510 Cals

MEAL TWO:
    1 ***** 3 whole egg, ¾ cup of egg whites, 3/4 cup of dry oatmeal, 2 slices of ham
    45.5 Gs of Protein, 40.5 Gs Carbs, 11 Gs of Fat, 435 Cals

Workout

PWO:
    2 scoop whey ¾ cup of oatmeal
    55.5 Gs Protein/43.5 Gs carbs/6.5 Gs Fat/465 Cals

Meal 3: 45 min later
    6 OZ chicken, ½ cup of oatmeal, one cup baby spinach
    45 Gs Protein, 38 Gs Carbs 2 Gs Fat 470 Cals

Meal 4:
    One can tuna, one cup of baby spinach ½ cup of oatmeal, 1 tbs of light mayo, one scoop whey
    54.5 G protein/24.5 carbs/7 G fat/ 360 Cals

Meal 5:
    2 scoop Whey, one Tbsp of flaxCasein instead of whey! try ff cottage cheese or casein powder... even skim milk if necessary as 90% of milk protein is a form of casein
    48 Gs Protein, 6 Carbs, 16 Gs Fat, 370 Cals

Totals are
    296.5 G Pro/206.5/55 G Fat/2650 Cal

No complaints here bro other than your last meal (comments in bold)... I agree with Rugger that it's pretty solid! I would probably throw in another 20 or so grams of fat spread througout the day other than PWO of course, but I like it... You'll probably want a replenish day every 4 days or so as well to keep shocking your body and not let it adapt/acclimate to a lower carb diet like this...

What's your cardio schedule look like?
    Last edited by fit4ever180; 11-13-2008 at 11:32 PM.

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger02 View Post
    That looks pretty solid bud, I've never eaten ham while cutting but maybe it's ok, someone else may know better than I, I guess because of the fat and sodium content I stay away. (I hope someone tells me I'm wrong because I love ham).

I would also rethink your before bed meal, it would be better to move your shake to an earlier time during the day and sub in some protein from either real foods or in the form of a casein shake.

Cardio cardio cardio (But you already knew that)
    Unless you're dieting for a comp. and you're getting down to the wire, I don't see a problem with ham at all (Rugger breathes a sigh of relief ), especially with those amounts of sodium and fat.

Thread Information