jaym_100 is offline Junior Member

Best food while in a car

I spend 12 hours in a car when I work and right now I'm working a whole lot. What are some foods that are easy to bring with me to work, so I don't have to eat crap. I eat a lot of tuna already.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    I could say all these snack ideas and so forth, but what i do is this, i live in Asia so when ever i drive the food options are a no starter, i used to take an eskey with my meals in it but have recently bought a mobile fridge (12v) so all the good food i pre-make can be packed and stay fresh for any drive, i have the milk, cottage cheese, chicken, turkey whatever all there and fresh. Its like taking a small kitchen with you i know but if your seriose about your diet and you spend a lot of time in the car this is the only really good answer

dg101 is offline Junior Member
    I agree with Older, you need to have some type of cooling system if you are serious about eating the right foods. If you don't want to shell out the money for the mobile fridge, a standard cooler with ice or freezer packs works fine too. That is not only good for a car, but for work, the office, just going places, whatever... Hope that helps a little.

tallguy23 is offline Junior Member
    Put some sweet potatos, chicken, and some nuts or olive oil in some containers and pack them into a cooler with ice packs and you are good to go.

KingJames23 is offline Associate Member
    Since I will be taking all my classes on campus next semester, Im going to have to do some serious prep time in the kitchen. What im going to bring every day is chicken, broccoli, 200 grams of oatmeal, protein shake mix, eggs for breakfast, fiber one bars, water, turkey sandwhiches. Since i go to school in the north the weather will serve as my cooler, it gets FREEZING here!

swol_je is offline Senior Member
    cold chicken tenders with some low cal BBQ sauce. Or I like to grill alot of chicken on the grill outside. That shit tastes GOOD cold or warm.

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    100% whey protein with natural peanut butter, bag of salted nuts, a MRP, protein bars
    Last edited by IM708; 11-19-2008 at 08:51 PM. Reason: add info

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    beef jerky

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Hard boiled eggs and a pre mixed ground oats / whey shake are a couple easy ones as long as you bring your cooler

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    BBQ marinated chicken breast cut into strips size of choc bar. keep them in esky great cold. i make marinade with soy sauce, chilli paste curry powder and lime juice.

tjpatrick1987 is offline Associate Member
    when i used to deliver pizza i figured a good snack was beef jerky, sunflower seeds, almonds or any kind of nut, fiberone bars are good,drink milk or 100% juice... fruits like grapes and apples bananas

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    pvssy

tjpatrick1987 is offline Associate Member
    i know you aint talking about me rhino... you need to take that Bs somewhere else if you aint got something helpfull to say

juiceball44 is offline Associate Member
    I think cut chicken is great even cold, when I was at work I would buy a pound of meat from the deli and make wraps and sandwiches every 2 hours

jaz75 is offline New Member
    I am in the same boat as JAYM, I don't think I spend as much time in the car as him but trying to maintain a bulking diet has become somewhat of a challenge. I have found myself relying heavily on breakfast bars, bulk mixed nuts and protein energy bars. Are these the healthy and right choices...probably not but coming off a 12 hour night shift and having to drive 6 hours home at the end of a week they are a simple solution.

Thread Information