AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member

Weird diet that has been working for me...How?

I have tried Non-carb/high protein, low carb(complex carbs only)/high protein and lots of cardio, low fat diets before all with little success. Ive even been to a dietician and he told me the way I ate, I should shed weight, Since moving back to college I have started to lose lots of weight. I've gone from 235-240 to 220-223. My waist is two belt loops smaller....My strength has increased with workouts that are less intense(less sets and reps). Previously, losing some weight led to strength decreases....
    Basically I eat:
    Breakfast:
    • 2 cups of whatever cereal on sale(Special K, Crispix, Honey bunces of oat etc)
    • 1 Cup milk in cereal
    • 8-10 oz of Orange juice with calcium
    • Multivitamin with herb extracts made by Costco

Lunch:
    • Turkey Sandwich made up of 2 Slices of stone ground Wheat Bread,
      Approx 1/6 of a lb of turkey breast,Lettuce, tomato, Mustard
    • Pickle
    • Fruit(Water Melon)
    • 16-20 oz of water

Snacks during the day: banana and 16-20 oz of water and a rice cake or two, sometimes a Granola bar.
    Dinner:
    • 20 oz of water
    • Lean Cuisine OR Healthy choice meal OR 2 turkey burgers on stoneground wheat with letucce and tomato and ketchup OR lettuce, tomato, can of tuna with Vinagrette OR 6-8 oz of grilled chicken.
    • 2 Cups of lighter cereal(Special K or Crispix) and a cup of milk sometimes too

How is this working so well. The only exercise I get is just walking around campus leisurly. I workout like 3-5 times a week, schedule permitting. Im basically stalled at 222 now though but I have been going out A LOT lately to eat. Going out to eat is so much more appealing to me. I have noticed a problem of mine is I cant stop eating when I go out. A lot of restaurants I go to are always All you can eat or buffets, and I can't stop myself unless I am full. At normal restaurants I cant leave food on the plate. I cant eat half and save some for later/tomorrow. Damn genetics, my father is the same way.
    Last edited by AbsolutelyLethal; 11-12-2002 at 11:29 PM.

xenithon is offline Member
    IMHO I think it has worked well to lose WEIGHT since it seems you are eating quite a little. Give us yer stats and it might paint a clearer picture Do you know the totals you are getting in (carbs/protein/fat)?

Also, it is just a weight loss or have you noticed muscle loss too?? Must be careful not to go too catabolic

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    I started off Weightlifting at when I was 16 at roughly 6 feet tall and 215 lbs. By the time I was 18 I was 245-247 and at my strongest. That summer I did a compex carb, high protein diet, did some cardio and cut down to like 240. My strength drastically decreased though. I went from doing 225 X 10 on flat bench to like X 5. I went to college and this number dropped to X 3 after I lost a few more lbs. I eventually oscillated between 232-237 first year of college and I got my bench back to 225 X 5. This summer I turned 19, ate what I wanted and prolly bumped the weight to 235-240. Strength stayed the same although I felt like I had, still do, no muscular endurance. I was working out with a huge friend of mine and he loved to do like a six week split of 3X8, 3X10, 3X12, 4X8, 4X10, 4X12. After doing that many reps on bench or squat I would be done but he would want to move onto Incline and Decline bench, maybe some dumbbell to, and then flyes. My muscles couldnt take it...So Im back at school now, i have the previous diet. My chest is stronger, back is stronger, shoulders stronger. Legs have stayed the same but I havent blasted them like upper body.

Thread Information