UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member

Critique this diet!

Stats: 6'3 @ 242 16BF

Goal: Build muscle tissue

1st thing in the morning - 4oz whey protein
    MEAL 1 30 minutes after - breakfast - 8 egg whites/4oz turkey/1/2 cup of oats

MEAL 2 - 8oz chicken/3 slices of pineapples (22g carbs)

MEAL 3 - 8oz chicken/1/2 cup oats with water

MEAL 4 - (1.5hrs before workout) 1/2 cup oats with water/6oz chicken

Right before and through the workout - 1 stein of 36oz water mixed with 4oz whey (2scoops) and 1/4 cup of dextrose (25g carbs)

5 minutes after workout (36oz water) with 4oz whey/ 1/2 cup of dextrose

MEAL 5 - 1 to 1.5 hours after PWO shake, 8 egg whites/4oz turkey/ 1/4 cup oats

I also consume about 18 caps of amino acids daily and about 12 fish oil soft gels.

Let me know what you guys think.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UberSteroids View Post

MEAL 1 30 minutes after - breakfast - 8 egg whites/4oz turkey/1/2 cup of oats
    Double Oats

MEAL 2 - 8oz chicken/3 slices of pineapples (22g carbs)
    Add 1-2C Oats/Brown Rice or 7oz Sweet Potatoes

MEAL 3 - 8oz chicken/1/2 cup oats with water
    Double Oats Maybe add some Veggies/EFA (fish oil/flax)

MEAL 4 - (1.5hrs before workout) 1/2 cup oats with water/6oz chicken
    Again, more Carbs Double Oats intake, or more.

Right before and through the workout - 1 stein of 36oz water mixed with 4oz whey (2scoops) and 1/4 cup of dextrose (25g carbs)
    Not sure if you need that much protein during workout. May bog down system.

Look at this thread for better PWO info. http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...74#post4262674

MEAL 5 - 1 to 1.5 hours after PWO shake, 8 egg whites/4oz turkey/ 1/4 cup oats
    I'd try to consume the meal a good 30-45 mins after your PWO nutrition if possible. Try 1C oats and some Veggies.
    I also consume about 18 caps of amino acids daily and about 12 fish oil soft gels.

MEAL 6 - Repeat Meal 5.

Bold. More Carbs! Add in some Natty PB too possibly in your last couple meals.

Reading the thread now.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Hopefully someone else can chime in too, maybe someone with more knowledge than me. Take it for what you will Hope it helps though. It's tough to be exact without macros, and, are you wanting to lose BF% too?

Quote Originally Posted by sizerp View Post
    Hopefully someone else can chime in too, maybe someone with more knowledge than me. Take it for what you will Hope it helps though. It's tough to be exact without macros, and, are you wanting to lose BF% too?
    I don't know about this 4:1 carb ratio man. That would mean crazy 200g of carbs from dextrose and total the day over 350g carbs which I think is too much.

I did pick up couple of things from it for sure. Especially the C and E info.

To answer your question, I don't really care about loosing fat right now. I will leave it for later on a totally different diet and training.

sizerp is offline Banned
    I don't know about this 4:1 carb ratio man. That would mean crazy 200g of carbs from dextrose and total the day over 350g carbs which I think is too much.

I did pick up couple of things from it for sure. Especially the C and E info.

To answer your question, I don't really care about loosing fat right now. I will leave it for later on a totally different diet and training.
    Gotcha. The higher carb count is a common misconception in relation to the 4:1 thing. He also mentioned that between 4:1 and 2:1 is also acceptable. I usually hit around 3:1 for PWO, and I base it off Carb count to begin with, not protein. I am gong to be eating again relatively soon regardless. So, if I am consuming 25G of Protein (1 scoop whey), at a 3:1 ratio, that'd be 75G carbs. Sometimes I even do 3/4 scoop whey, etc. O.J. has great simple sugars and if you add in some Waxy Maize Starch you're good to go.

Ha, while we are on the way.

I have this Pro-Amino Whey by Healthy & Fit from Fit**, says, one small 2oz scoop is 45g of protein! This is high... I know it is loaded with amino acids like no other. Still, 45g per 2oz ?!

So, 30g whey and 90g dex would be for me then to get 3:1 ratio. I will try this.

How about these...electrolytes?

sizerp is offline Banned
    Ha, while we are on the way.

I have this Pro-Amino Whey by Healthy & Fit from Fit**, says, one small 2oz scoop is 45g of protein! This is high... I know it is loaded with amino acids like no other. Still, 45g per 2oz ?!

So, 30g whey and 90g dex would be for me then to get 3:1 ratio. I will try this.

How about these...electrolytes?
    Hm, I've not used that brand of Whey before, however I do know that they vary a lot. I have some from Whole Foods that is 16g per scoop (not sure what that is in OZ's).

As far as Electrolytes go, yeah a sports drink is probably the best way. I have yet to try that Endurox stuff yet, however I may order some myself actually ;P

Are we talking about Endurox R4 Recovery drink powder?

sizerp is offline Banned
    Are we talking about Endurox R4 Recovery drink powder?
    Yeah, that's the one, actually they are the ones who have done the clinical research on the 4:1 ratio in athletes. I want to get some.

fit4ever180 is offline Member

MEAL 1 30 minutes after - breakfast - 8 egg whites/4oz turkey/1/2 cup of oats make it 1 cup of oats, drop 2 egg whites, and add 2 whole eggs

MEAL 2 - 8oz chicken/3 slices of pineapples (22g carbs)add 200g of sweet potato or 1 cup. oats and a fat source like 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil

MEAL 3 - 8oz chicken/1/2 cup oats with wateradd another 1/2 cup of oats and 2 tbs. natty pb

MEAL 4 - (1.5hrs before workout) 1/2 cup oats with water/6oz chickenwhat is the amount of time between this meal and meal 3?

Right before and through the workout - 1 stein of 36oz water mixed with 4oz whey (2scoops) and 1/4 cup of dextrose (25g carbs)if your whey is really 45g protein for 2 oz., that's all you will need, not 4 oz.

you still only need 2 oz. of whey
    MEAL 5 - 1 to 1.5 hours after PWO shake, 8 egg whites/4oz turkey/ 1/4 cup oatshave a 1/2 cup of oats instead of 1/4 cup and add in a fat source

Macros would definately help to give you a better critique, but we'll work with what you've got here... Comments in bold above

You should also have one more meal before bed that has a 10-20g fat and 20-40g slow digesting protein... This should be either cottage cheese or casein... You should also try to incorporat some green veggies into 3 of your meals...

I see the changes you made.

I will agree on the only one scoop of whey pre and through the workout. Last meal and extra 1/2 cup of oats for breakfast also looks good.

Meals 3 and 4 have 2.5 to 3 hrs time in between.

One thing I am not sure about is why would I need high amounts of carbs in MEAL 2 and 3 if it is in no activity time of the day?

The carbs will fuel your body throughout the day so it doesn't burn the protein you intake for energy. That will be saved for muscle repair/recovery because the carbs will be utilized first.

You should try to hit 60-70g carbs per meal while bulking to ensure that protein is saved for when it's needed and getting those carbs in early is the best time to do so...

I see.

Don't you think 25g of carbs should be enough in these two meals?

I will have a pre workout meal, then another pro/carb shake right before the workout and all the way through it. So if the protein and carbs from whey/dex mix is available in about 20 minutes or so... wouldn't that be used for what happens while and after workout? Instead of extra carbs I ate hours ago?

I am just trying to understand why such high amounts of carbs in the middle of the day when I am not doing crap and still have my intakes taken care of later before and after the lifting time.

I see.

Don't you think 25g of carbs should be enough in these two meals?

I will have a pre workout meal, then another pro/carb shake right before the workout and all the way through it. So if the protein and carbs from whey/dex mix is available in about 20 minutes or so... wouldn't that be used for what happens while and after workout? Instead of extra carbs I ate hours ago?

I am just trying to understand why such high amounts of carbs in the middle of the day when I am not doing crap and still have my intakes taken care of later before and after the lifting time.
    Since you still want to keep carbs lower early on in the day, I'd stay around 40g in those meals.

The topic of drinking a shake during a workout or even remotely close to it is controversial... Some say that it is an inhibitor to drink a shake while working out because it forces more energy and blood into your digestive system to be used for digestion, otherwise this energy and blood would be put towards muscle replenishment... Others say it makes no difference... You can decide which side of the topic you agree with, but personally, I lean towards the side saying it's an inhibitor, jmo... If you build up an excess supply of carbs throughout the day, then when it comes time for your workout, you do not need to be refueling during your workout... The PWO whey/dex shake replenishes glycogen stores that are utilized during your workout, but if those stores are at capacity before you workout, then the likelihood of then being totally depleted is small...

Does this make sense?

Thread Information