wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver

Fried chicken on CKD? hell fuc*%g yea

ok i talked with a fellow at the gym just now who told me that fried chicken will not throw me out of ketoisis,is this true,if i eat fried chicken will I be able to go into ketoisis?

beenie is offline Senior Member

Re: Fried chicken on CKD? hell fuc*%g yea

Originally posted by st82hellnbak
    ok i talked with a fellow at the gym just now who told me that fried chicken will not throw me out of ketoisis,is this true,if i eat fried chicken will I be able to go into ketoisis?
    Absolutely, as long as the chicken is not breaded before you fry it. So, this precludes KFC and the resturant stuff unfortunately.

nuke is offline Member
    Bennie- I had KFC I just removed some of the skin ....It actually the lowest on the " Fried Chicken " scale : 16 g of carbs in one breast ..Not bad if you have to have it !

nuke is offline Member
    Note : I am not advocating the eating of Fried Chicken !!!! LOL!

Hey if it works!!!

I personally would be a worrier that I had eaten some of the coating at KFC, but I suspect, you are fine. Remember, the skin may be high in fat, but it has NO carbs at all. I eat the skin, when I broil it at home.

nuke is offline Member
    Thanks for the feedback Beenie

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    So beenie what if im running late after class one day and there is a popeyes right there,is it cool to pick breasts and down em without the skin,i can take the batter and skin off. what do yall think about that

Originally posted by st82hellnbak
    So beenie what if im running late after class one day and there is a popeyes right there,is it cool to pick breasts and down em without the skin,i can take the batter and skin off. what do yall think about that
    If you are SURE you can remove ALL the breading, than i dont see why not. Personally, in a pinch I run to the Burger King and order 4 Wopper patties (sometimes 6). I put mustard on them myself, but thats it. I hold the pickle and the lettuce and the kethchup and the mayo, and the bun. Just the patties. Is it good? Not really, but it satisfies hunger and has a lot of protien.

Depending which Burger King I go to the price varies. Some give a discount cause I am not getting the whole sandwhich while others fo not (so it can be very costly). Thier broiled chicken patty is not too bad either.

I stay away from thier mayo, because I am reasonable certain that they add sugar to it.

nuke is offline Member
    Damn good idea Beenie... I do that with double cheeseburgers.. no bun or anything.
    But like you said its only when I feel like im going to crack !!!

tryn2getripped is offline New Member
    the chicken breast at burger king is not actually breast. its like rib meat and stuff compressed into a breast shape. the only place ive been to that uses real breast is wendys.

Originally posted by tryn2getripped
    the chicken breast at burger king is not actually breast. its like rib meat and stuff compressed into a breast shape. the only place ive been to that uses real breast is wendys.
    I hasven't been to Wendy's in a zillion years, but unlass they changed the recipe, its breaded and fried. Its the breading that will kill your low carb diet.

Thread Information