japzap is offline New Member

looking for that edge

I am a cyclist, I am 41 and I feel like my fitness is good, I am training about 10-15 hours a week.The problem is I am stuck, at a level of power to weight that is around 4.2 watts per kilo of body weight. I need to be 5 watts per kilo of body weight. To put that in numbers that would be a bit over 300 watts to 360 plus. I need a 15% gain in my strength. My body weight in the winter is 172-174 at 8-10% BF, race weight 168 and slightly lower BF. My question is, could diet make that much differance? I eat okay hardly any fast food but to many soft drinks, that is my weakness, also chips. I have heard my whole life, soft drinks may kill your endurance???????? Looking for guidance.

sinny is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by japzap View Post
    I am a cyclist, I am 41 and I feel like my fitness is good, I am training about 10-15 hours a week.The problem is I am stuck, at a level of power to weight that is around 4.2 watts per kilo of body weight. I need to be 5 watts per kilo of body weight. To put that in numbers that would be a bit over 300 watts to 360 plus. I need a 15% gain in my strength. My body weight in the winter is 172-174 at 8-10% BF, race weight 168 and slightly lower BF. My question is, could diet make that much differance? I eat okay hardly any fast food but to many soft drinks, that is my weakness, also chips. I have heard my whole life, soft drinks may kill your endurance???????? Looking for guidance.
    sht bro,leave the sugary drinks alone,they do nobody any good..water and milk are the way to go..

sizerp is offline Banned
    Simply removing soda from your diet isn't going to increase your strength or endurance by 15%. What's your current diet look like?

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    Soft drinks will effect your metabolism speed and effeciency. To increase your strength, you need more fuel. To get more fuel you need to be able to burn it the food into fuel. Now to burn that food you need super fast metabolism.
    One of the easiest ways to increase your metabolism is break your meals into smaller sizes, if you do 5-6 make it 7-8. Another one is do short maximium speed sprints intervals in the AM hours on nearly empty stomach except for 1 scoop whey with BCAA's in water.

Good luck

sinny is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays View Post
    Soft drinks will effect your metabolism speed and effeciency. To increase your strength, you need more fuel. To get more fuel you need to be able to burn it the food into fuel. Now to burn that food you need super fast metabolism.
    One of the easiest ways to increase your metabolism is break your meals into smaller sizes, if you do 5-6 make it 7-8. Another one is do short maximium speed sprints intervals in the AM hours on nearly empty stomach except for 1 scoop whey with BCAA's in water.

Good luck
    thats good advise

japzap is offline New Member
    Do you guys think it is possible to get 15% gain totally natural?

Thread Information