deagoose is offline New Member

how many calories do you think I should be scarfing down?

I'm about to start my first bulking cycle so I'm trying to figure out a rough estimate of the calorie range I should be aiming for. Of course it will be monitored weekly, and adjusted as needed, but what do you think is a good starting point? Have seen the methods of calculating estimated calories but haven't had experience with cycles before so would rather get your input.

stats:
    6 foot, 190 lbs, 6% body fat, 29 years old.
    fairly active but don't play sports to often anymore
    Working out 6 times a week
    12 week cycle with consist of test E. and dbol tabs to kickstart

debo1979 is offline New Member
    depending on how much weight i would suggest between 4500 and 5000 calories is a must of clean food just stay away from the fried and starch foods and that will help to not put on bf while gaining clean weight

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    At 6% bf, if thats what you really are then kudos to you bro, you have way more wiggle room with your diet than most who are on a bulking diet. Watch the bloat with dbol but I'd say eat anything and everything in sight (try and keep most of it clean). Good luck bro. Are you going to keep a log?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    No one can answer this question but you.

I'm good about keeping a log and adjusting my diet accordingly, but it usually takes me a few weeks to hit it right on the nail. With the help of the test and such I'm just not sure how much I should be taking in over normal. If I usually eat around mid 3000's to maintain what should I take in to bulk while on the juice? 5000 seems like a shit load! Is that pretty common?

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Just looking at your stats, I'd guess you BMR at about 3600 calories as is, so I'd go with 4200 or so and work up as necessary... If you feel you'll benefit from more calories, then by all means, eat up! Don't forget that you should be increasing throughout your cycle to accomodate your newly acquired muscle mass

thanks fit4ever....I'll start with that and adjust accordingly. I usually don't have a problem with this, but Ihave heard I'm going to be putting on some water weight with the dbol and I just want to make sure I don't think I'm overeating and start cutting the food down when It's just water wreight or such I'm putting on.

I've never used dbol , but if you're prone to bloating up run an AI with it to keep water retention to a minimum and avoid foods high in sodium... You're bulking, so expect to gain some fat and then just trim it off a couple months after you come off your cycle...

I'm planning on using letro while on cycle. Not really worried about body fat, as I have no problem toning it off later down the road. Do you think Liquid letro is a good choice here? I have seen a lot of debate on this topic.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deagoose View Post
    I'm planning on using letro while on cycle. Not really worried about body fat, as I have no problem toning it off later down the road. Do you think Liquid letro is a good choice here? I have seen a lot of debate on this topic.
    I've heard good things about Arimidex for on cycle, and then Nolva+Aromisin for PCT. Keeping Letro on hand just in case you see Gyno. Maybe post in the PCT/Steroid section? Sorry can't answer about liquid/vs tabs.

Quote Originally Posted by sizerp View Post
    I've heard good things about Arimidex for on cycle, and then Nolva+Aromisin for PCT. Keeping Letro on hand just in case you see Gyno. Maybe post in the PCT/Steroid section? Sorry can't answer about liquid/vs tabs.
    This is what is commonly said in steroid forum, but I would just be parroting if I said it was the way to go... It does seem like the general consensus... Adex could be used in pct instead of aromasin though as long as you keep the dose low, say something like .25mg/ed, it should not inhibit the effeciency of nolvadex

Well, I had planned on letro during cycle...and aromasin and nolva. for pct. At least this is what i thought would be best and deciced to stock and do for this upcoming cycle. So many debates on this that I just didn't know which way to go. Hope I made a good decision?

Most would say that letro should be used only if gyno becomes established as it will reverse it's effects and adex is a better choice to run throughout a cycle... Nolva and aromasin are supposed to be good... That's what I'll using on my upcoming cycle

thanks fit4ever...think using letro for a few weeks on the cycle and then switching to adex would be okay? I'm about to start the cycle and if I ordered the adex its gonna take at least a few weeks to come in.

What are you running? If you're using a long estered test like e or c, then you will be fine because it will be fine just waiting for the adex for week as the test would take ime build up in your system... Unless you're gyno prone, I would still just wait the week and save the letro, but you may get a more knowledgable response posting this question in the steroid forum

Thread Information