gym_rat_jason is offline Associate Member

Really necessary to Cut Carbs during cutting

Hey guys i am currently 23 years old. Fairly ok built 202lbs bf i guess would be no more than 11% i am cutting down right now. However, i do workout early in the morning (6am) thing is i know that during the cutting phrase one should limit carbs to breakfast (which happens to be my pre workout meal) and also post workout. THe thing is this my post workout meal which is apprx at 8:30 should contain carbs for the last time of the day right, but i figure out that from 8:30 am to 11 pm (when i sleep) there are atill shit loads of time when i am active. Question is, is it ok to add in another carb meal or 2? Coz everytime i do this i feel like i am cheating and i have to drag my sorry ass to the gym again for 2nd session of gyming. (which can be a chore as i am cutting now) Opinions guys?

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    go with what your body feels... if you are being too worn down, you are doing more harm than good... carb cycling is very good option for many

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Well you dont need to limit carbs to those meals. Also you can use fats for energy in meals lacking carbs or use high fibre foods as well.

But think about it this way. When you cut you are putting yourself at a caloric defecit. So you need to cut calories somewhere: you have 3 options, from protein, fat or carbs.

So ya most likely you should be cuttin carbs somwhere cuz I sure wouldnt cut protein and unless you are adding stupid amount of bad fats you prolly wont be cutting that much either.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    As usual Bino is on the money with his advice.

gym_rat_jason is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino View Post
    Well you dont need to limit carbs to those meals. Also you can use fats for energy in meals lacking carbs or use high fibre foods as well.

But think about it this way. When you cut you are putting yourself at a caloric defecit. So you need to cut calories somewhere: you have 3 options, from protein, fat or carbs.

So ya most likely you should be cuttin carbs somwhere cuz I sure wouldnt cut protein and unless you are adding stupid amount of bad fats you prolly wont be cutting that much either.
    ok bro, correct me if i am wrong. SO what you are trying to say that as long as you are in acalorie defecit i would be fine. Of course i will still be eating clean

Thread Information