Thread: my diet

runnergirl11 is offline New Member

my diet

I eat fairly healthy....very bland too.
    most days i eat:
    breakfast: either a bowl of kashi or 1 package lower sugar oatmeal
    snack: banana and light yogurt or prepackaged trialmix
    lunch: canned tuna with crackers 1 piece of fruit and string cheese or fat free cottage cheese
    snack: another piece of fruit, pretzels or sometimes a low cal protein bar (Luna bar)
    dinner: chicken and beans or soup and grilled cheese
    later snack of popcorn some night

this is pretty consistent on the weekdays. splurge on dessert once in a while. weekend are different with eating out or with friends
    I enjoy running. have done long distance but also 30 min interval running. I incorporate weights as well. i spend about an hour and a half and am dripping sweat. I am "fit". I look solid in clothes so everyone laughs when I say i want to lose weight however I know that when i take off my clothes I have this layer of fat that I cant get rid off!! when i was in high school I got up to a size 11. since getting into running and working out over the past 6 years I have shed that baby weight and am now a size 8. I feel like if i could just get rid of this layer of fat I woudnt gain it back because of the healthy lifestyle I choose to live. I have tried hydroxicut however dont use it the way it says on the back. I just take two a half hour before a workout for an exrta boost. This is why I started thinking about taking Clen . its like my last alternative before lipo or something!
    so any help I welcome with open arms!

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm sure tweaking your diet would easily shed your extra fat. Especially since you're not afraid of a little cardio.

I think that you should start looking at it like 5-6 MEALS a day rather than 3 meals with snacks in between.

I include my diet and food choices in a lot of my posts on here but I think it's just a good way to help get people started and see some examples of basic meal composition.

Here's my cutting diet: I'm 6'3" 255 lbs @ 12% BF
    like I said, this is more for meal composition and some examples for good food choices than something that you should actually be following to the letter because I'm sure we're shaped drastically different.
    Speaking of that, for an accurate critique you should include your age, height, weight and BF%

Upon waking:
    Cardio 30-45 mins 65-75% MHR

Meal 1: (about 10am)
    4 egg whites (including 1whole egg)
    1 cup oats
    Fish/flax oil (2 capsules)

Meal 2: (about 1pm)
    1 can of Albacore in water
    Green veggies (steamed)
    Sweet potato

Meal 3: (at work 5:30pm break)
    1 cup cooked brown rice with 4 oz chicken breast and broccoli mixed in

Meal 4: (at work 8:15pm break)
    Repeat meal 3, add flax/fish oil

Work out at 11:30pm (after work)

Meal 5: (12:30 -1:00am)
    PWO Shake

Meal 6: (3:30am)
    Repeat meal 2 except remove sweet potato. Add some sunflower seeds or almonds and FF cottage cheese before bed.

My diet changes sometimes as I get bored or sick of certain foods but the nutritional aspect of it remains the same.

Here are some good choices for your intakes of carbs, protein and fat.

Carbs - Sweet potatoes, red potatoes, oats (No sugar added), brown rice, wild rice, barley, Steel cut oats, aktivated barley, Green leafy vegetables, Ezekiel or whole wheat bread (sparingly)

Protein - About 1 - 1.5 times your lean body weight per day in grams of protein.
    Sources -
    Steak, lean ground beef, chicken breast, tuna, salmon or other fish, egg whites or whole eggs, beef jerkey (if you don't mind the sodium) and whey protein (I have one shake after working out, try to stick with real food as much as you can).

Fats - Flax, Fish or olive oil, casein or dairy products, avacadoes, nuts, egg yolks.

Take this info and put together a revision and for a good personalized critique, include your daily total macros and we'll break it down further for ya.

Don't forget cardio cardio cardio while cutting.

Best of luck

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergirl11 View Post
    I eat fairly healthy....very bland too.
    most days i eat:
    breakfast: either a bowl of kashi or 1 package lower sugar oatmeal
    add some egg whites in here, 6-8 should work
    start measuring out portions, doing this for a month will give you a good idea of what a cup or a tbsp and such look like

snack: banana and light yogurt or prepackaged trialmix
    you need some protein in every meal, add some lean chicken
    lunch: canned tuna with crackers 1 piece of fruit and string cheese or fat free cottage cheese
    cut the crackers and fruit, eat the tuna with some brown rice or sweet potatos
    snack: another piece of fruit, pretzels or sometimes a low cal protein bar (Luna bar)
    eat a banana and some chicken/tuna
    dinner: chicken and beans or soup and grilled cheese
    chicken and beans is okay, i would go for red potatos and steak/chicken
    later snack of popcorn some night
    last meal should be pro/fat, and the protein should be casein(dairy protein) if possible, try some cottage cheese and some nuts or steak with some fish oil caps
    this is pretty consistent on the weekdays. splurge on dessert once in a while. weekend are different with eating out or with friends
    I enjoy running. have done long distance but also 30 min interval running. I incorporate weights as well. i spend about an hour and a half and am dripping sweat. I am "fit". I look solid in clothes so everyone laughs when I say i want to lose weight however I know that when i take off my clothes I have this layer of fat that I cant get rid off!! when i was in high school I got up to a size 11. since getting into running and working out over the past 6 years I have shed that baby weight and am now a size 8. I feel like if i could just get rid of this layer of fat I woudnt gain it back because of the healthy lifestyle I choose to live. I have tried hydroxicut however dont use it the way it says on the back. I just take two a half hour before a workout for an exrta boost. This is why I started thinking about taking Clen . its like my last alternative before lipo or something!
    so any help I welcome with open arms!
    personally i think you need to eat more, yes more, why? because when you don't get enough calories for a sustained amount of time your body will enter starvation mode and basically hold on to fat

first thing you need to do is plug your stats into this formula

655 + ( 4.35 x weight in pounds ) + ( 4.7 x height in inches ) - ( 4.7 x age in years )

then multiply by whichever one of these fits you best, be honest

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

this is the amount of calories per day your body needs to maintain it's current state and manipulating this number is the best way to gain/lost weight

i've given you a basic diet critique in bold, but when we know your daily caloric requirement we can be more specific

Good stuff Phate!

my stats:
    Female
    im short! 5'4''
    I weigh 145 lbs.
    not sure what my body fat% is.
    Thanks for the diet advice. I guess since being a girl Im alittle afraid to eat more but I have tried everything else so Ive got nothing to lose! Also, I do not eat red meat. I just dont like the taste of it...thats why i eat so much tuna and chicken.
    In the gym should I focus more on long cardio runs or explosive lifting circuits? I hear benefits from both. Its hard to get out of the mindset that unless I run for at least 30 min Im not getting a good workout.
    Thanks for all the help.

oh...and im 23

Nothing wrong with tuna and chicken. Eggs and other fish like tilapia salmon etc are good protein sources too.
    I never do cardio for shorter than 30 minutes, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a flat out run. After lifting is when I usually do cardio these days and I just go at a fast walk at a high incline on the treadmill. It's all about your heart rate during cardio not necessarily working your muscles.
    And as for lifting, get to the gym, lift hard, and go home. I never ever lift for longer than an hour at a time. Break your workout into one set of complimenting muscle groups per day: Like chest/back arms/shoulders etc. Save one day as leg day. I do abs every-other day.

As soon as you get home from lifting make sure to get some protein and carbs in you right away. This is the most important meal of the day IMHO
    Were I you, I'd go with a 7oz chicken breast for protein and a couple red potatoes for carbs since their glycemic index is sort of at the midpoint.

I know it feels weird eating more to lose weight, I thought the very same thing but you will be surprised what will happen when you start actually giving your body what it needs.
    Make sure to keep us posted on your results!

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergirl11 View Post
    my stats:
    Female
    im short! 5'4''
    I weigh 145 lbs.
    not sure what my body fat% is.
    post a pic in the member section(you can edit your face out) and we'll give you an estimate and critique you if you like)
    Thanks for the diet advice. I guess since being a girl Im alittle afraid to eat more but I have tried everything else so Ive got nothing to lose! as rugger said, its a weird thing, but i'm bulking now and eating every 2-3 hours until i can't even stand to think about food, yet i'm more vascular, weird for me too
    Also, I do not eat red meat. I just dont like the taste of it...thats why i eat so much tuna and chicken. that's fine, there are plenty of protein sources
    In the gym should I focus more on long cardio runs or explosive lifting circuits? both, for fat burning i would say that long easy cardio on an empty stomach in the morning(heart rate should be under 130) like walking at an incline is best, but high intensity interval training is good also(i'll explain this if you like)
    I hear benefits from both. Its hard to get out of the mindset that unless I run for at least 30 min Im not getting a good workout.
    Thanks for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger02 View Post
    Good stuff Phate!
    you too bro

Thread Information