tdoby is offline New Member

Storing fat on keto?

I started a ketosis diet where Im strict during the week but kinda give it up on the weekends with a cheat day and going out drinking fri and sat.

Will the high fat intake of my diet be stored since Im not that strict about it? Also should I lower protein intake?

5"8 174lbs 20% body fat.

Diet:

200g protein
    100g fat
    10g carbs

bodybuilder1107 is offline Senior Member
    depends on how much you took in im on it too but dont drink, the purpose of the day is to refill the muscles for the next week so they are not used as energy or burnt out not to get a break you need to eat carbd and such without any fat in them i take sunday off and eat high carbs like 60-70g for the first four meals and then get right back on diet that night to start over at gym on monday, for carbs eat bagels,waffles,bread,etc, dont get cheese burgers and stuff because the purpose is to carb up not take in more fats

Edgar is offline Associate Member
    you cant do that on a keto diet, a cheat meal every five to seven days depending on how fast you get back to ketosis. In my opinion a cheat meal helps. just weigh yourself 2 to three days later after cheat meal and see what has happened. but a cheat meal not a cheat day. and no way a cheat weekend.

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoby View Post
    I started a ketosis diet where Im strict during the week but kinda give it up on the weekends with a cheat day and going out drinking fri and sat.

Will the high fat intake of my diet be stored since Im not that strict about it? Also should I lower protein intake?

5"8 174lbs 20% body fat.

Diet:

200g protein
    100g fat
    10g carbs

As long as you are in a caloric deficit, I would not be too concerned with putting on fat. However, with that being said, what you are running is not really what the ketogenic diet is about. Stick to one cheat meal a week. And I understand you wanting to go out drinking once in a while. Most of us here aren't professional or even amateur bodybuilders. There is nothing wrong with wanting to diet and exercise but still have a life. Just watch the type of drinks you are having. Stay away from beer. Try vodka and water on the rocks. No mixers. But keep it to a minimum.

(I like to consume 1.5 grams of protein per lb of body weight. Try bumping your protein intake up to 225-250ish)

I definitely need to stop the weekend binging. I just wasn’t sure if what I was doing could have negative effects. I’m just looking to get rid of my stomach and not be completely miserable doing it, I get bogged down with work and school enough.

Another thing I’m concerned about is the amount of cardio I do. I do 3 days high intensity and 2 moderate intensity cardio sessions. Is that too much for being on a keto diet? I’m not overly concerned about losing a little muscle just as long as the fat comes off.

I’m wondering if I should modify my diet and up the carb intake because I really like and want to keep doing my cardio workout.

Thanks a lot for your help everyone. I’ve never been successful with diet and nutrition so I appreciate all the help here.

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    i dont think keto is for u

What do you think would be best for me? Im open to anything

bodybuilder1107 is offline Senior Member
    a balanced diet of carbs protein and fat, takes alot to figure evrything out and learn what your body does with it but its the best way if you cant devote alot of time and work like the keto, its difficult and strict, one wrong thing goes in your mouth and you can ruin the whole thing, so try that route maybee

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoby View Post
    I definitely need to stop the weekend binging. I just wasn’t sure if what I was doing could have negative effects. I’m just looking to get rid of my stomach and not be completely miserable doing it, I get bogged down with work and school enough.

Another thing I’m concerned about is the amount of cardio I do. I do 3 days high intensity and 2 moderate intensity cardio sessions. Is that too much for being on a keto diet? I’m not overly concerned about losing a little muscle just as long as the fat comes off.

I’m wondering if I should modify my diet and up the carb intake because I really like and want to keep doing my cardio workout.

Thanks a lot for your help everyone. I’ve never been successful with diet and nutrition so I appreciate all the help here.
    If you would like to continue to do the high and moderate intensity cardio, I would suggest getting off the keto diet and try something more along the lines of carb cycling. You are going to drop too much muscle with that type of cardio on keto. For the ketogenic diet, low intensity, long duration cardio is best for fat loss and to preserve muscle.

Thread Information