Thread: keto question

bodybuilder1107 is offline Senior Member

Question keto question

ive been on keto for awhile now and everything is fine ,making great cuts in fat, do you guys eat carbs at all during weak? like after workout or not at all, and what do you adjust when you start feeling tired? some days after the gym im dead, thanks

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bodybuilder1107 View Post
    ive been on keto for awhile now and everything is fine ,making great cuts in fat, do you guys eat carbs at all during weak? like after workout or not at all, and what do you adjust when you start feeling tired? some days after the gym im dead, thanks
    Nope, no direct carbs at all except for your one cheat meal for the week. No direct carbs in your post workout shake. just protein and fat.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraDeMilo View Post
    Nope, no direct carbs at all except for your one cheat meal for the week. No direct carbs in your post workout shake. just protein and fat.
    so what about when im done with say like blasting my arms you guys still take no carbs? im confused what about replenishing them? ive got the diet pretty well i think im getting good results even with the carbs but pinnacle told me to still take pwo carbs whats the best way then and i eat carbs in first 4 meals on sunday to reload then go back on diet do you think that is good also? some say one meal some say 4 meals and i read articles on bb.com that say 2 days straight, im going crazy here, i take 50gprotein and 16g fat every meal and drop to 13g a meal after three weeks then 10 after two and so on whats your thought on that? have you done this diet before? thanks for help

so what about when im done with say like blasting my arms you guys still take no carbs? im confused what about replenishing them? ive got the diet pretty well i think im getting good results even with the carbs but pinnacle told me to still take pwo carbs whats the best way then and i eat carbs in first 4 meals on sunday to reload then go back on diet do you think that is good also? some say one meal some say 4 meals and i read articles on bb.com that say 2 days straight, im going crazy here, i take 50gprotein and 16g fat every meal and drop to 13g a meal after three weeks then 10 after two and so on whats your thought on that? have you done this diet before? thanks for help
    No, there are no carbs post workout on the ketogenic diet. You NEVER spike your insulin . By taking in carbs post workout, you have effectively changed the diet to a typical low carb diet. You want to stay in ketosis. Not confuse your body as to which energy source to use. The ketogenic diet is more for maintaining muscle while cutting fat. Not for bulking. So it is not necessary to incorporate carbohydrates in your post workout shake. Just proteins and fats. Don't worry, you will absorb the protein.

The diet that you read about on bb.com that allows you to carb up for 2 days on weekends is most likely the cyclical ketogenic diet. I have ran various forms of the ketogenic diet and find the cyclical version to be inferior. I myself, as well as many friends and training partners have found Dave Plaumbo's version of the ketogenic diet to be superior to the rest. That is why I preach about it so much.
    On this diet you never take in direct carbs except for your cheat meal. And you get ONE cheat meal per week. not 4. And when starting the diet, you should go two full weeks without having your first cheat meal. Then once a week, for each week after the initial two.

i see then why am i dropping fat so fast then? i was on low carb before and didnt get results this fast lol i dont know i guess ill redesign and how long can someone be on one before risking any health? and how about the fat dosage?

i see then why am i dropping fat so fast then? i was on low carb before and didnt get results this fast lol i dont know i guess ill redesign and how long can someone be on one before risking any health? and how about the fat dosage?
    If you just started the diet, most of the weight loss in the first 2 weeks is water. As for fat loss, as long as you are in a caloric deficit you are going to lose weight.....Even with carbs. Being in ketosis just makes your body more efficient at burning fat as energy and sparing the muscle.

As for the duration of the diet. Dave advises to run it for at least 12 weeks and no more than 16 weeks I believe. Although I know people who have ran it for half a year and longer. I have always stopped by 16 weeks. And the longer you run it, the more crucial it is to have your cheat meal every week. In the later stages, when your results begin to plateau, you can incorporate a 2nd cheat meal and even some protein only days to "jumpstart" the diet, so to speak

Thread Information