Thread: 2 Questions !!!

Alfred is offline Junior Member

2 Questions !!!

Question1:
    My Bio teacher last year did a no carb diet apparently, he said he would go to mc donalds, order 2- 1/4Pounders(i think) and would take off the bun and mow them, he said he had that every day for the whole time he was on the diet. Would that work out to meet low / no carb diet standards or was he lying to us and just trying to get us to realize a point.

Question2:
    When im on thermogenics i can go days without eating a full meal (i dont feel like eating). Should i use this to my advantage or is it un healthy ?? If i combine the above and cardio should i expect major / minor fat AND MUSCLE losses ?

Re: 2 Questions !!!

Originally posted by Alfred
    Question1:
    My Bio teacher last year did a no carb diet apparently, he said he would go to mc donalds, order 2- 1/4Pounders(i think) and would take off the bun and mow them
    Well, I can't really answer that... I don't know much about McD's "food"... (if you can call it that). I'll let someone else take care of this point

Question2:
    When im on thermogenics i can go days without eating a full meal (i dont feel like eating). Should i use this to my advantage or is it un healthy ?? If i combine the above and cardio should i expect major / minor fat AND MUSCLE losses ?
    DO NOT spend a whole day without eating! It's counterproductive.

When I started training last year I was seriously overweight... well, lets not mince words... I was a fat pig. I went on a good diet, used ECA and did LOTS of cardio.

Now one of the sides of ECA is appetite suppression. You just don't feel like eating. Might sound like a good idea, specially for a binge eater like me... but it's not.

You see wether you feel like eating or not, your body expects food and nutrients regularely in sufficient quantities. If it doesn't get them (ie: starvation diet, or just not eating regularely) your body has a survival instinct which puts you in a "power saving" mode in which it tries to prevent you from burning it's energy reserves (the fat you're so desperately trying to get rid of) and even tries to store more fat!!!

Some days I honestly had to force myself to eat 3 square meals a day... I really did. But if you plan your meals right and stick to the plans, you're bound to see good results.

Red

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Originally posted by Alfred
    Question1:
    My Bio teacher last year did a no carb diet apparently, he said he would go to mc donalds, order 2- 1/4Pounders(i think) and would take off the bun and mow them

sure you can do this, especially good on keto diets (no carb) as you need the higher fat foods

peace

Thanks for the info, i just basicly wanted someone to confirm that mc dicks burgers dont have any hidden carbs, im going to look a bit further into keto diets and since its kinda hard to pack a lunch for my job it would be really easy if i could just strip the bun off and eat away.

you could try here, im sure it will help

peace

http://www.kenkuhl.com/fastfood/search.shtml

Thats interesting

McDonalds Hamburger, 270 Calories, 80 Calories from Fat, 9 grams of Fat, 3.5 grams of Saturated Fat, 30 mg. of Cholesterol, 600 mg. of Sodium, 35 grams of Carbohydrates, 13 grams of Protein.

McDonalds Cheeseburger, 320 Calories, 120 Calories from Fat, 13 grams of Fat, 6 grams of Saturated Fat, 40 mg. of Cholesterol, 830 mg. of Sodium, 35 grams of Carbohydrates, 16 grams of Protein.

McDonalds Quarter Pounder, 430 Calories, 190 Calories from Fat, 21 grams of Fat, 8 grams of Saturated Fat, 70 mg. of Cholesterol, 840 mg. of Sodium, 37 grams of Carbohydrates, 23 grams of Protein.

McDonalds Quarter Pounder with Cheese, 530 Calories, 270 Calories from Fat, 30 grams of Fat, 13 grams of Saturated Fat, 95 mg. of Cholesterol, 1310 mg. of Sodium, 38 grams of Carbohydrates, 28 grams of Protein.

McDonalds Big Mac, 570 Calories, 280 Calories from Fat, 32 grams of Fat, 10 grams of Saturated Fat, 85 mg. of Cholesterol, 1100 mg. of Sodium, 45 grams of Carbohydrates, 26 grams of Protein.

McDonalds Big Xtra, 710 Calories, 420 Calories from Fat, 46 grams of Fat, 15 grams of Saturated Fat, 95 mg. of Cholesterol, 1400 mg. of Sodium, 51 grams of Carbohydrates, 24 grams of Protein.

McDonalds Big Xtra with Cheese, 810 Calories, 490 Calories from Fat, 55 grams of Fat, 19 grams of Saturated Fat, 120 mg. of Cholesterol, 1870 mg. of Sodium, 52 grams of Carbohydrates, 29 grams of Protein.

mekler is offline Associate Member
    be careful with the ECA and not eating. about a year and a half ago i got onto the xenadrine craze and i did lose a lot of fat, went from 28% bf to 19% bf, but i lost a whole lot of muscle along the way as well just because i wasnt eating enough and taking the ECA

of course you remove the carbs from those lists as that is for the bun, a page where they did that for you, would be just tooooo good lol

peace

SneakerSeven is offline Junior Member
    There's more than just the bun, the sauces also have carbs, and the burger veggies would toss in a couple too (although do those things have veggies? been a while since I've had one, if those are the little ones)

not really related to the topic but i just wanted to say im feeling pretty good about myself, ive gone from eating mc donalds about 3-4 times a week to not eating any fast food except for sub way no more then once a month... Started doing cardio and i feel way better then ive ever felt. I think im gunna keep eating healthy, not go on a diet for a bit, keep doing cardio and see if i make any more progress, then if i get stumped il go on a strict diet.

BTW, how bad are those instant noodle packages for you? I use to eat those alot too but havent had one in so long, wouldnt mind throwing back one for old times sake.

where i live they are bad, full of msg and carbs, not what i would be eating to eat healthly, about the mcds i know there is carbs in the veges and sauces sorry i forgot to mention if on keto and i eat bk or mcd i just eat the bun the cheese and the bacon nothing more

peace

makes sence, i cant really see them being good, or decent at best for somone... wont be hard to keep em out of the diet

thanks alot for everyones quick replys, really appreciate it

BTW - weighed in tonight at 209, i feel great, still cant really see where it came off of but i hope once i shed 10 or so lbs it will be a bit more obvious, im gunna make another appointment to get my BF tested at the end of this month,.
    Last edited by Alfred; 12-02-2002 at 12:20 AM.

Thread Information