Thread: Low fat diet

BostonBobby is offline Associate Member

Low fat diet

What's a good low fat diet?? What should I eat?? What can I eat?? What can't I eat... Never did this before so I need some input thanks...

B

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I'm gonna move this to the Diet Questions section so that you'll get more responses. Also, do some reading in the Diet section and you'll find a lot of info about this.

What are your stats (height, weight, bodyfat %) and goals? It might also help to know how your stats have changed since your accident (other than the fact that you're shorter sitting in a chair ).

Well my main goal is to make my skin tighter... Even before my accident you could never really see my cuts that well in my abs tris bi's etc... Also another reason is.. My level of injury is a T6-7 which means I got like the top two abs and my lower abs look blahh.. So I need to kinda slim that out best I can... I'm 6 feet and before my accident I weighed 180 I weigh around 165 now.. That's pretty much it if you need to know anything else let me know..

B

Oh yeah thanks for the move Excess!!!
    Last edited by BostonBobby; 12-01-2002 at 11:44 PM.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    My basic daily food intake looks like this:
    8:00am - oats and 1 scoop whey (mixed with water)
    11:45am - 2 scoops whey + 2 scoops dextrose (immediately after training
    1:00pm - 6oz chicken breast + small 4oz potato
    3:00pm - 6oz chicken breast + mustard
    5:00pm - 6 egg whites, canned chicken breast (low fat), fat free cheese slice omlette
    7:00pm - chicken + salad (low fat dressing)...or steamed veggies
    8:00pm - low fat popcorn (fibre)
    10:00pm - 2 scoops whey + water

I would recommend is that you carb up slightly every 3rd day. Training for more than 3 days on a regime of low carbs and low fats can (and will) deplete glycogen stores and burn up muscle.Therefore, on the 4th day increase carb intake to at least equal that of protein to replenish glycogen.

I'm currently prepping for my first contest in April of 2003. I started out at 244lbs and about 18-20%bf. My diet looks like this:
    2000-2100 cals/day, 300+g protein, 50-100g carbs, 20-25g fat (every 4th day carbs go to 300g). I use 3 shakes daily one scoop with water in morning, one shake with dextrose immediately after workout and one shake with 2 scoops and water before bed. Everything else is whole foods. No carbs after 4pm except for salad or steamed veggies and fat free popcorn (fibre). I am down to 229lbs in a little over a month, I am maintaining all strength, have lots of energy and muscles look full and large. I also do cardio @ 60min 3x per week.

Thanks Pete that looks good I'll have to try that out..

B

Deadend is offline Associate Member
    Boston Bobby,
    Run a search for all the posts made by Papapump and Tobey. Papa's got good info on carb rotation diets and tobey has great recipes and good info as well.

Pete
    1. what supps/gear are you taking on your current diet?
    2. what activity do you do for cardio and what kind of intensity do you keep it at?
    3. Do you have a cheat day or meal?

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Deadend

Pete
    1. what supps/gear are you taking on your current diet?
    2. what activity do you do for cardio and what kind of intensity do you keep it at?
    3. Do you have a cheat day or meal?
    DE, first of all I'm on a cycle of enanthate and deca . I also use whey prtein, glutamine and 4tbls of flax seed oil (which I do not count towrads my daily caloric intake). I also use an ECA 2x daily (Thermogenisis - Red Rockets)

Cardio is 30 minutes on the stationary bike followed immediately by 30 minutes on the treadmill walking at a 4 degree incline at 4mph. My intention is a slow graduall burn. If fat loss stalls I will switch to high intensity intervals.

I had a cheat day but found I held too much water the days after so, I reduced it to one cheat meal on Saturdays...anything I want, in whatever quantity followed by desert (bar, or chips, etc)

nuke is offline Member
    Listen to the man...Hes good..

Go Pete !

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Pete's diet is good, but just remember to customize it to your liking. Sometimes people are unable to follow a diet if they don't like the foods. Almost everything Pete listed can be interchanged with something similar.

Thread Information