cokdiesl is offline Junior Member

real new here...quick question

Whats up iron brothers...i'm real new here(about 5 minutes) and i just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 21 years old 6'1 205 at 12%bf...i've been lifting for about two years and have made awesome gains. I started out at 280lbs at about 70%bf lol well it was getting out of hand and on my own started doing cardio and lifting i got down to about 190 and looked lean for the last six months i have been lifting seriously and supplementing w/ l-glutamine,multi,protein shakes, flaxeed and fish oil and for the last week i started creatine monohydrate...But i never paid attention to what i ate the whole time i just ate what i thoiught was clean and cut out the fast food..i've gained a solid 15lbs in the 6 months and now want to get big REAL BIG so i'm becomming very disciplined and watching everything i eat....whoa sorry about all that typing but i wanted to give you all my history lol...now for the easy question that i dont know the answer to......why do we not mix carbs and fat in the same meal?? even if it's the good fat and the gi carbs? thanxs everyone i know it's alot to absorb but i'm trying to be thorough!

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by cokdiesl
    Whats up iron brothers...i'm real new here(about 5 minutes) and i just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 21 years old 6'1 205 at 12%bf...i've been lifting for about two years and have made awesome gains. I started out at 280lbs at about 70%bf lol well it was getting out of hand and on my own started doing cardio and lifting i got down to about 190 and looked lean for the last six months i have been lifting seriously and supplementing w/ l-glutamine,multi,protein shakes, flaxeed and fish oil and for the last week i started creatine monohydrate...But i never paid attention to what i ate the whole time i just ate what i thoiught was clean and cut out the fast food..i've gained a solid 15lbs in the 6 months and now want to get big REAL BIG so i'm becomming very disciplined and watching everything i eat....whoa sorry about all that typing but i wanted to give you all my history lol...now for the easy question that i dont know the answer to......why do we not mix carbs and fat in the same meal?? even if it's the good fat and the gi carbs? thanxs everyone i know it's alot to absorb but i'm trying to be thorough!

Welcome to the board bro, glad to see your first post is in the right section. As for your question, the reason is that when you take in carbs your insulin levels are raised, thus making it easier for the body to store fat you take in with the carbs. There is a more detailed explanation but I am running out to the gym now and I am sure someone else will touch on it for you

Congrats on your accomplishments too

<<LMO>>

cokdiesl is offline Junior Member
    Ty LMO..it makes alll the sense in the world now..i dont need the scientific info behind it just a general description that was perfect...i have tons of questions and a little to offer too. so i'm sure you'll be seeing me all over here for quite awhile!

JT2k is offline Associate Member
    Welcome Aboard bro.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    welcome the the key factor in your goals. . .DIET

ask away bro, that what we are here for

DCB

Thread Information