tryn2getripped is offline New Member

does too much protein make u sick? like a cold sick.

ive been taking a lot of protein, like 300-350 grams a day. can too much protein and not enough other stuff make me sick? ive been sick like 4 times in the last 2 months. And is it ok to work out when sick or should i take a break?

NoLimits is offline Member
    I don't know about making you feel like you have a cold... but you need to keep the water intake high. It helps flush any unused protein. The amounts of protein you are taking are not that high. Most of us on here on hitting those numbers if not higher!

As far as working out while sick. Give your body a rest. That could be the reason for the sickness... you are over training and your body is weak, susceptible to any virus.

i drink a lot of water. like 6-7 qts a day. My teachers get annoyed cause i have to piss every 20 minutes or so. for me at this point, 350 grams of protein is quite a bit, im trying ot get it to 400, but i may drop back donw a bit if im gonna be taking a little break. My mom was being retarded this morning saying how all the protein is making me sick. I am actually sick, i just think its from not taking in enough vitamins. i need to get a multivitamin, which ive told her to get for me from the homeopathic doctor for a while now. ive been eating mainly protein for a while to get more defined. hopefully this cold wont hamper that too much.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    i drink a lot of water. like 6-7 qts a day. My teachers get annoyed cause i have to piss every 20 minutes or so
    hahaha and I thought I was the supreme constant urinator. My half pint bladder can usually hold out for about 25 mins tops! People are like "How come you are always peeing?" I just laugh and go relieve myself.

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    I know protein makes you constipated, i've been experiencing that for a few months now, and i drink about 3-4 litres of water a day aswell.

I think though your not getting enough vitamins as you already suggested, maybe take a B Complex tab each day? one of those 1000mg ones, and some glutamine prob wouldnt hurt either, i take that a lot and i never get sick from anything...

Unhappy

Originally posted by Lostsoul
    I know protien makes you constipated, i've been experiencing that for a few months now, and i drink about 3-4 litres of water a day aswell.
    For me it's the oposite.... well sort of.

If I eat tons of protien (solid foods) then I am ok. On the other hand on a busy day where I make up for my lack of solid food with a few too many protien shakes, then I get the runnies big time.

I guess it all depends on our individual metabolisms.

Red

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Increasing your vitamins could help but I agree with NoLimits, it sounds like you need to take a break and rest. Try a week off and get some good rest.

i get a lot of my protein from shakes cause its easier to do that at school. i cant be eating a whole meal during class. i want to start taking glutamine, im just waiting for my check. as far as taking time off from working out, during my thanksgiving break i only worked out like 2days and didnt do hardly anything. is that enough time off or should i take a week off without any workouts?

Thread Information