Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: HERE IS...gain lean muscle mass kind of diet...

timidator34 is offline Junior Member
    yea i dont think mike xxl is coming back to answer all these questions anytime soon lol.. last time he responded was in 2003

kj101 is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

This is the kind of diet I need to try. After 5 months of strict dieting and hours of cardio and lifting, I need to start focusing on lean size now. No more bulking for me. I'm tired of the bulky look and the health problems associated with it. Great post!

beatango2008 is offline Senior Member
    ok so I am following this exact diet to see how it works for me I may tweak it a little later..but is the 5:15 meal only 120 grams of steak? cause that is hardly anything...? correct me if I'm wrong.

athlete20 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    7:45 250 ml of egg whites
    2 small tortillas, mushrooms, fat free cheese & salsa
    1 English muffin with no sugar added jam & peanut butter
    15 gm of whey protein
    25 gm of oatmeal

10:15 1 1/2 can of tuna
    15 ml of flax seed oil

12:45 8 eggs & green onion & light mayo (makes an egg salad)
    3 pieces of whole-wheat bread w/ ham
    1 banana
    15 gm of whey protein
    1 yogurt

3:15 1 1/2 can of tuna
    15 ml of flax seed oil

5:15 120 gm of steak
    20 gm of whey protein
    Mustard
    50 gm of carrots
    5 ml of flax seed oil

1 HOUR TRAINING START 6:00PM to 7:00PM

7:15 60 gm of whey
    5 rice cakes (caramel flavored)
    1 apple
    2.5 ml of flaxseed oil

9:30 125 gm of cottage cheese
    15 gm of whey protein
    1 no sugar added fat free yogurt

TOTAL CARBS: 300 GM – 1200 calories
    TOTAL PROTEIN 320 GM – 1280 calories
    APPROX TOTAL FAT: 63 GM – 567 calories
    TOTAL CALORIES: 3047 calories per day
    How would you change your "gain lean muscle mass kind of diet" for non-workout days? In addition, what are the amounts (grams) of protein, carbs, and fats you are shooting for in every meal?

Thanks, I appreciate it. This will be of great help.

athlete20 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athlete20
    How would you change your "gain lean muscle mass kind of diet" for non-workout days? In addition, what are the amounts (grams) of protein, carbs, and fats you are shooting for in every meal?

Thanks, I appreciate it. This will be of great help.
    bump...

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I would reduce the carbs for non work out days...as for per meal, i try to get more calories in the morning and reduce the carbs through out the day...hope this helps...XXL

Quote Originally Posted by beatango2008
    ok so I am following this exact diet to see how it works for me I may tweak it a little later..but is the 5:15 meal only 120 grams of steak? cause that is hardly anything...? correct me if I'm wrong.
    Yes it is, it includes carrots, and oil and steak, that's it...XXL

Quote Originally Posted by big austi
    Mike, first of all great post and thanks for helping out novice trainers like myself. i've been doing a similar diet to the you posted, and i definetly am seeing the gains/losses i am hoping for. I'm eating about 5-6 eggwhites and 2 full eggs w/yoke per day. Does this pose a problem for my cholesterol, or could be dangerous to my health? I mean i don't really care, but i dont 'want to have a heartattack before my 20th birthday. Also, if i keep my carbs to about 20-30 in the morning, is this too low? I'm mainly going for lean muscle gain, while losing fat. I'm 5'8 about 198.
    20-30gm of carbs would be low in the morning your insulin sensitivity is highest in the morning you might as well use that to you advantage...it is a known fact that the colesterol you consum has VERY LITTLE if any effect on your colesterol levels, being inactive is the problem...XXL

Quote Originally Posted by pioneer
    MIKE why rice cakes and no dextrose in your PWO??
    They taste better and work just as well...XXL

savecowman is offline New Member
    I'm just curious how much this diet would cost to maintain everyday and every week. Thats my biggest issue being in college and all.

Priapism is offline Junior Member
    Hey Mike - much thanks for posting this. I am going to go through it and put together a list of questions. I am like you - extremely into the details - so would it be better to post them here or annoy you by PM

-P-

Actually let me just start off with this question. You are recommending 300 grams of carbs per day. I was on Cytogainer for 2 yrs and it made me fat, at 240grams of carbs per day. That was super overdose on carbs, in my opinion. I was anything but cut. Constant struggle to get rid of the belly that developed while the rest of me was hard and building. I fear if I did 300 grams per day I'd explode.

Thoughts?

-P-

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by Priapism
    Actually let me just start off with this question. You are recommending 300 grams of carbs per day. I was on Cytogainer for 2 yrs and it made me fat, at 240grams of carbs per day. That was super overdose on carbs, in my opinion. I was anything but cut. Constant struggle to get rid of the belly that developed while the rest of me was hard and building. I fear if I did 300 grams per day I'd explode.

Thoughts?

-P-
    If I'm not mistaken, I think cytogainer has a lot of carbs from sugar.

From the cytogainer label:

Contains:

"Cytosport's unique combination of branching as well as linear chain maltodextrins with very low DE providing a complex carbohydrate source approximately 96.5% sugar-free."

"Whey protein concentrate, Whey protein hydrosylate"

"Creatine monohydrate"

Those are the three main ingredients.

Is it relevant that I was taking it 3x a day even on non workout days?

79g carbohydrates
    Sugars 6g

Can someone please tell me what "250mL of eggwhites" is? How many eggs?

-P-

Quote Originally Posted by Ridla
    How much does this diest cost U?
    do U know where I can get foods for cheap? this siet would caost me a grip.
    This diet costs about $85 per week at your standard, high cost grocery store with no coupons or any cost savings involved. Meaning this is the top cost for it. Goes down from here based on steps you take for cost savings.

-P-

beatango2008 is offline Senior Member
    so on none training days would you cut out the rice cakes?

sponger is offline New Member
    hey xxl, when are you doing your aerobic activity? also your 12:45 meal 8 eggs, whole or just whites? thanks.
    Last edited by sponger; 11-14-2007 at 04:25 PM.

Airnzah is offline Junior Member
    Hey Mike, awesome thread. I would like to try a similar diet like yours (only lesser, coz I'm of smaller stature than yours, just 170lbs). Been going through the 'bulking diet' for so long now, kinda gained a little too much fat. one thing I gotta ask though, some say that the 60/30/10 ratio of carbs/protein/fat is the standard? & some say that 'balance on each meal' is key? with yours, the carb & protein are almost equal (protein is slightly higher) & in some meals carbs are up & down. I'm just a confused being here. Hope you can reply. TID!

Mike S. is offline Associate Member
    got a few questions I am pretty much following this diet of course with some changes. I was wondering is it possible with this diet to help reduce BF? If no then maybe stick with it and maybe take some fat burners>?

preston157 is offline New Member
    sweet diet! and i love tuna. i will start the diet tomorrow and let you know the progress!this will be my first actual diet.

biggerguns is offline Associate Member
    I just started this diet 3 days ago. Keep in mind im only 5"11", around 15-16bf and 171 pounds when i started. This diet is meant for a 200 pounder. I had no diet before and ate sloppy meals. My workouts would crash 15 mns into it. Now i have full energy all day and especially during the workout! NO FATIGUE whatsoever. Im not on a cycle and aint gonna start one until i grow as much as possible naturaly and lean. Today I weighed myself in the morning empty stomach- 173pds. I have a feeling i will be 185 by the end of may on this 200lb lean diet. Thanks mikeXXL.

mackerz is offline Associate Member
    im totally new to all of this as u can probaly see from my posts! i know u have to get ur diet correct before starting any cycles of steroids ....im gonna give your diet a go mike...but my questions is ...how long would i have to be into this diet before taking steroids??

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by mackerz View Post
    im totally new to all of this as u can probaly see from my posts! i know u have to get ur diet correct before starting any cycles of steroids....im gonna give your diet a go mike...but my questions is ...how long would i have to be into this diet before taking steroids??
    You should diet and train properly until you approach your natural potential. How long that will take depends on several factors, how close you are to your potential now, your genetics, etc.

seanL is offline New Member
    what is your weight btw? and is that ture if you eat more than 1.5 X (body weight) of protein, the extra will be wasted, and turn into blood sugar?

scrawney is offline New Member
    keep bringing these great diet tips they are very beneficial

scrawney is offline New Member
    I think this is the diet ive beenlooking for thanx

AbbieM is offline New Member
    Plateau Assistance Requested

Stats
    Resident Western USA
    Age 28
    Female
    Height 5’3”
    Workout Time line 2 years
    Starting weight 190 LBS
    Starting BF% 39
    Staring size 20
    Current Weight 132 LBS
    Current BF% 32
    Current size 4
    Supplements
    Fish Oil, Multivitamin, ECCA’s, Cranberry, B complex, and Chromium Picolinate
    Dedicated Women’s Whey Protein Powder
    Creatine
    Diet
    Meal 1 Protein shake Fruit
    Meal 2 1 serving meat (lean turkey, chicken), ½ cup brown rice
    Meal 3 Protein Shake
    Meal 4 Fruit, green vegetable
    Meal 5 serving meat (lean turkey, fish, chicken) ½ cup brown rice or wheat pasta
    Meal 6 Protein Shake
    Meal 7 an occasional protein bar (cliff builders or snickers)
    Workout Schedule
    Tuesday-Sunday Lifting one muscle group per day 45-50minutes, 20-30 minutes cardio
    Monday OFF
    Problem
    Goal to lower BF % to 15-20% and gain lean muscle mass/strength.
    Attempt 1
    In addition to diet and exercise; took one cycle of CLEN for 12 weeks with no results no decrease in BF % or Weight in LBS
    Attempt 2
    In addition to diet and exercise; engaging in current cycle of Winstrol Stanozol 100mg/ml taking .5ml ED at bed time on day 13 have seen no decrease in BF %, weight in pounds or inches lost.
    Request
    Need some advice as to changes I can make in Winstrol dosage, diet, exercise, supplements; any advice anyone is willing to offer to so I can get some results.
    Through experience how long will it take to see results? Decrease in weight, BF% or inches.

I think my diet is off and that is why i am getting ZERO results any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL View Post
    I get a lot of question about diet in my PM box, so I figured I will post a new diet on here once a month or so, maybe if one of the smarter MODs can make this a sticky it can stay on top and remind me to post a new one. This diet I use for gains in lean muscle mass, by only having 3 meals a day consisting of carbs, means only 3 spikes of insulin per day, keeping you leaner. I will do cardio 3 time a week, low intensity 20-30 minutes. I like walking. I will be following this kind of diet for the next 2 ½ month as I want to lean out a bit and gain some quality muscle before I go to the Arnold’s to meet all my fitness girl-friends…lol…please keep in mind i am about 200lbs, so adjust the total calories as needed...enjoy it, post questions below and I will try to get to them as often as I can. And of course let me know what you think of this idea. Thanks…XXL

7:45 250 ml of egg whites
    2 small tortillas, mushrooms, fat free cheese & salsa
    1 English muffin with no sugar added jam & peanut butter
    15 gm of whey protein
    25 gm of oatmeal

10:15 1 1/2 can of tuna
    15 ml of flax seed oil

12:45 8 eggs & green onion & light mayo (makes an egg salad)
    3 pieces of whole-wheat bread w/ ham
    1 banana
    15 gm of whey protein
    1 yogurt

3:15 1 1/2 can of tuna
    15 ml of flax seed oil

5:15 120 gm of steak
    20 gm of whey protein
    Mustard
    50 gm of carrots
    5 ml of flax seed oil

1 HOUR TRAINING START 6:00PM to 7:00PM

7:15 60 gm of whey
    5 rice cakes (caramel flavored)
    1 apple
    2.5 ml of flaxseed oil

9:30 125 gm of cottage cheese
    15 gm of whey protein
    1 no sugar added fat free yogurt

TOTAL CARBS: 300 GM – 1200 calories
    TOTAL PROTEIN 320 GM – 1280 calories
    APPROX TOTAL FAT: 63 GM – 567 calories
    TOTAL CALORIES: 3047 calories per day
    how are u getting only 15 g of protein..whats the source?

Falxseed oil...is this pill form? 2.5 ml...is it a pill..?

Quote Originally Posted by newbie-screwbie View Post
    how are u getting only 15 g of protein..whats the source?

Falxseed oil...is this pill form? 2.5 ml...is it a pill..?
    what are you putting the protein in? the oats?

pcy2012 is offline New Member
    would a diet similar to this one be used before and while on a deca /test 400 10-14 week cycle

diesel405 is offline Member
    Great thread, ill be sure to try this out. I have been eatting the same crap for 3 months and need a change!

collers is offline New Member
    Can you help me?
    i am 6feet 6inches and 220lbs
    But my stomach keeps growing and fat to i want 6pack but build muscles to. what shoul i change?
    on training days(monday - thursday) i eat:

9am.8eggs(3whole) + 200g oat
    12pm.8oz oat + 8oz chicken leaf
    3pm.8oz oat + 8oz chicken leaf
    4.30pm protein shake with 8oz milk + 15oz bananas
    5-7pm training
    7.30pm. protein shake with 8oz milk + 15oz bananas
    8:30pm. 8oz skimmed milk curd with 8oz yoghurt
    it's +-3900kcal
    thursday - sunday i eat:
    the same but without proteins shakes and bananas it's minus 1000kcal

grapejuice11 is offline Junior Member
    cant wait to try this diet out

crash411 is offline New Member

Need Help with diet and workout plan

I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind sharing some information to get me back on the right track. I need extreme help with my diet and my workout routine.
    I am 6' tall and weigh 360 lbs. which is about 40 plus percent of body fat. No, I'm not a lazy POS but, have had a medical condition with my pituitary gland and now I am currently taking 250mg of testosterone enanthate twice a month by injection.
    I have a very large frame (football players build) and at present I workout three to four times per week with the following schedule.

Mon.-cardio (treadmill) 1.5 miles at 3.0 to 3.5 speed for my warm up at a incline of 0 to 2.5,then I hit the weights. I was doing 12 reps but, I just dropped it to 8 reps and increased the weight. Lat pull down 3 sets 8 reps of heavy weight. Tricep pull down 3 sets 8 reps heavy weight...heavy weight for me is 120 lbs., 130 lbs. and 140 lbs. on the tricep pull down. Seated rows 3 sets 8 reps heavy weight... 120, 140 and 160 lbs. Butterfly machine or peck deck which ever you prefer 3 sets 8 reps...120, 140 and 160 lbs. And last but not least the chest press 3 sets 8 reps of heavy weight... 120, 150 and 175 lbs.

Tues.-Strictly cardio... I change the intervals every 1/4 mile. Start with 3.2 speed and at 0 incline, 3.2 speed and 2.5 incline, 3.2 speed and 5.0 incline, 3.0 speed and 0 incline, 3.0 speed and 7.5 incline, 3.0 speed and 0 incline, 3.0 and 2.5 incline, 3.0 speed and 5.0 incline, 3.0 speed and 0 incline and 3.5 speed and 0 incline for a total of 2.75 miles. I the move over to the leg press for 3 sets 8 reps of moderate weight...300, 400 and 470 lbs.

Wed.- Repeat of Monday

Thurs.- Repeat of Tuesday

For someone my size trying to lean out and gain muscle mass in the process, how many calories should I be eating a day? Is my workout routine going to get it done? If not, what would you recommend? Any idea of a good diet or even a grocery list? If you were me what would you be doing?
    Last edited by crash411; 05-16-2010 at 08:02 AM.

Baseball_Player85 is offline Junior Member
    great thread! love the ideas.

gregghowie is offline Junior Member
    The problem I have with this, I mean I agree that it has all the right info on how to gain but who in gods name can eat that much for a start. Unless on AAS! And everybody is concenrned about the affects of AAS and their sides. But my question is what about cholestrol? 8 eggs a day ontop of whatever red meat and milk..

giblets is offline New Member
    I was about to use the same diet I used 5 years ago but these look a lot better.

Jeep Guy 1 is offline New Member
    The frustrating part I have about all these diets is how do u measure out grams of the foods your eating?

FuzzyPeaches o.O is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep Guy 1 View Post
    The frustrating part I have about all these diets is how do u measure out grams of the foods your eating?
    Its called a scale.. Grams is a measure of weight..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information