xenithon is offline Member

Help With Diet While on Holiday???

Hi All,

I am currently on holiday overseas, meaning I don't have access to many supplements, and those I do have access to are very expensive. I am at a a stage where I am definitely not bulking, cut not cutting either in the strict sense, I am just trying to maintain muscle, perhaps lose some bodyfat whilst doing so, slowly but surely. I managed to find a gym where I can maintain my wokrouts here, but I have 2 questions mainly about diet here:

1. I have no means of a postworkout shake! Normally back home, I used honey as my simple carb source (with great results) with whey, but I dont have whey. My question is should I replace the whey with something else which may work, or should I rather skip postworkout shake and have a full meal after the workout, incorporating both simple and complex carbs and <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> (eg. chicken, with oats and honey).
    2. I don't have something to take before bed, which normally I have a <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> blend which is sorta time released. I have little if any dairy back home, and wanted to know if fat free cottage is okay to introduce before bed. I heard it to be best for before bed due to casein, but I am scared of it since I heard it can make you bloated and make skin smooth (or is that only milk, not cottage?). I can get the fat free cottage here with reduced salt.

Thanks!!

PS. My diet is is basically high protein, moderate fat, low to moderate carb (depending on your definition ) I normally get around 250g protein, 100g carb, 50g fat daily, I am around 1.8m and 75kg. I get in cabrs from low GI sources like oats in the morning, and the meal after the postworkout shake (back home), but on off days I only have oats or something similar in the morning. The rest of the days its fibrous veges.
    Last edited by xenithon; 12-09-2002 at 11:59 PM.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    You ca nmake your own shakes using eggs, milk or water, banana, peanut butter, I recomend boiling the eggs before blending them. Just take your ingredients and blend away. I sometimes do this when I run out of rpotein before the end of the month.

thanks for the info Texan. anyone else with other views/advice?? any input appreciated

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Shit, if it's your vacation enjoy it Bro and eat everything in sight, that's what i do......there is always time to eat right when you get home, just try to get your <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> in and anything goes after that...well that's my rule of vacationing...enjoy...XXL
    Last edited by MIKE_XXL; 12-14-2002 at 05:41 AM.

bump

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Before bed eat some hard boiled eggs, just the whites. Eggs are slow to digest so they will last you through the night......Mikexxl has a good idea, if you're on vacation hell just enjoy it and worry when you get back. If none of this is available just eat right after your workouts just keep it clean. Good luck bro!!

Thread Information