xplicit is offline Member

Please help with my diet.

Please help with my diet

My typical day
    7-9 a.m
    Wake up eat a bagel with no fat cream cheese, coffee, and a lil cerel with milk.

Walk 20 minutes to train station to work (work for a contractor physical work) or gym ( spend about 75 minutes on one muscle work it to failure, then do some abs)
    1-3p.m
    Usually eat nothing at work but if i do its pizza.
    4-7p.m
    Come home walk 20 minutes to home shower eat a bagel with turkey lettice tomato or have grilled chicken or some kind of pasta.

If i go to school i dont eat anything till 9pm and its usually a turkey sandwich or a bagel with cream chesse no fat

If i stay home ill have cerel or a bagel with cream chesse.

Some times ill sneak chocalte or cookies in. I drink a lot of ice -t. I use to make a lot of protein shakes and eat tuna but i have slacked off.

Sundays i eat like a pig during football, Ill have baked lays chips totestios chips with sauce a few beers then order food chink pizza chicken.

Please some one help me creat a good diet routine and give me some advice on what to eat. My diet is terrible if i added up what i eat a day i would think maybe 800- 1,000 calories on average.

Im 5 10 175 Im not looking to bulk up i want to get cut but for some reason i have problems flatting my stomach(its not big nad when i wear tights shirts i dotn look like i got a belly) and its a little soft i dont work out abs much but now i am starting to. Im jsut looking for enough energy to push my self at the gym harder and not burn out so quickly.

Thanks for the help

Wheres the iron chef lol i need his help is he still around?

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    looks to me like you need somebody to hold your hand while you diet. You know what your doing wrong. Pig days and pizza, beer are not going to cut it.

1. you need to cut the junk completely out. No cheat days for you(maybe one cheat meal once a week)

2. your protein consumption is not even adequate. If you loose muscle how are you going to reach your goals? I know your not trying to bulk but you still need to maintain your current muscle mass especially on 1000 calories your body will react and you will start to store more fat and actually loose muscle.. You will get skinny but you will be flabby skinny.

3. Your total daily calories comes mostly from carbs and fat with just a hint of protein.

4. you go to the gym and spend 75 minutes on one muscle???? Damn man. That is going to throw your ass into catabolism. When you do abs add weighted plates to your chest. Say 45 pounds for about 10 reps times 3 sets and that will be enough.

5. Pack a lunch overnite and get rid of that pizza shit. You know better man what the fuck do you need advice for?

6. the only way you are going to get the results you want is if you get your ass on track, that means diet/schedule a eating plan, workout shcedule/not overtraining/. know when you have to eat and eat. When you wake up in the morning go for a quick run at medium pace for 30 min or so , then eat about 6 eggwhites and some oatmeal and get your happy pizza eating ass to work. (Pizza is good and hard to resist, but you must)

7. cut the bagals/cereal/milk(unless skim)/pizza/beeer/chips/
    Add lean meats, fish, veggies, oatmeal, brown rice, eggwhites, non-fat cheese for those eggs yumm. Drink lots of water, add e/c/a, go for quick jog after you wake up and before you eat.. I don't but i do jumping jacks and shit.. it's pretty fucking cold over here.

hope this helps some.

peace out.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Well Big Mike has said it well frankly I,m surprised you manage to maintain 175 with that diet.You need at least 175g of protein a day to maintain what you already have.

Bagels are ok keep them to first thing in the morning they are good carbs and will give you energy throughout the day

You need to eat every 2-3 hours to maintain and anabolic status otherwise the body will start to break down the muscle as a source of fuel.Break the protein up into 6 or 8 small meals

If your diet really is that sloppy maybe you should think about MRP,s as and when you can't eat but the ol packed lunch will save you money and time

xplicit is offline Member
    I dont eat pizza every day, i said when i do eat at owkr which is rarley its pizza. I dont eat a lot of cookies or chocalate just once in a while, I honestly dont see any fat in my typically every day diet. I have 2 beers a week if even that.

Yea i do need to be taken by the hand lol im asking what kinds of food should i eat. I dont even know how i mainain this weight and find the energy to work out and go to work every day. I work one muscle 3 days a week so it takes me 2 full weeks to finsih every muscle this helps me to work each muscle to absoulte failure and my body feels it the next few days. I also belive if i give each muscle 2 weeks rest its better then a week rest. Its just something i recenty tried out.

I just dont know what type of foods to eat and how much of it i should eat thats my main problem.

Cubber is offline Junior Member

What to eat?

Protein:
    boneless skinless chicken breast, tuna (water packed), fish (salmon, halibut), extra lean ground beef, protein powder, egg whites, steak (top round, top sirloin, eye of round), ground turkey breast

Carbs
    oatmeal (old fashioned or quick oats), potatoes, beans, oat bran cereal, brown rice, white rice, pasta, salads (low or no fat dressings), vegitables

Fats
    peanut butter, olive oil, nuts, flaxseed oil

Dairy
    low-fat cottage cheese, skim milk

beenie is offline Senior Member
    The simplist advice that I would give is to cut out the processed food. I doubt that the baked potato chips are really much better than the fried. I also believe it to be a terrible misconception that processed "low fat" foods are any healthier for you than thier ordinary counterparts. Case and point: your low fat cream cheese. You THINK you arr doing yourself a favor (as those decptive marketers from Philadelphia would have you believe) by eating the low fat variety, but they have, in fact, replaced the fat with sugar. As a general rule when cutting, fat is a better alternative to sugar. For hard-core cutting reduce both - but if you have to choose, ditch the sugar.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well it seems that BigMike and all here have answered it for ya!

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Some of these BASICS should be dealt with with a good book !!!

Read ARNOLDS book on Bodybuilding ! when it comes to tweaking your program we can be of much more assistance... You will have far too many questions when your just learning ... Get a good book and read it .. you will get a good rounded viewpoint of understanding from that , then we can help much more...

MarkyMark is offline Member
    OH and by the way !!!

Where can I get those totestios chips !!!!!

Are they from Mexico ? Dont they sound anabolic to you ?

Markymark

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Xplicit if you need some chips bro i would say get those Ruffles WOW chips, Those tast just like the real deal. Only thing is you might get those gawd awfull shit pains in your stomach.

I got some of those and some fat free sour cream. i added some onion soup mix to the sour cream and BANG@!! Those motherfuckers were delicious. Geat fatfree snack if you gotta have something salty.

Thread Information