dananimal is offline Junior Member

Cheat day question

Ok ok Im dieting down right now. 16 weeks out of competition as of saturday. Ive been dieting for two weeks now and have been seeing progress. Now what Im wondering, On my cheat day, sunday, how much does it hurt me when I go buck wild on everything in sight. I mean how much progress can actually be lost. On my cheat day Im eating everthing in sight from when I wake up to when I go to bed. Any insight.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    I don't think you can change your system by one day. The most you are doing is slowing down progress for a couple days maybe.

I set a max calorie limit and try to stick to it. Enjoy the day and eat hehe

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    A cheat day is good but within reason sitting down eating 4 pizzas 3 large cheescakes and a crate of beer ain't gonna help much just eat what you enjoy eating but keep the portions moderate

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Moderation on cheat day is what you want... I try to still eat clean, but I will allow myself a meal or two of what I've been craving all week... But eating everything in sight I would think could set you back alot... Not worth it if you are busting your ass to get in shape...

I find that I can eat almost anything I want in any quantities on cheat day as the sheer amount, greasyness and all of the food I take in makes me sick and zips thru my system faster than shit thru a goose.

Within less than an hour it just streams out.

I dunno why, but I assume that it's my body having gotten used to no fats and low carbs in small quantities geting overloaded by a fried chicken and greasy fries...

Red

Yung Wun is offline Member
    juss eat within reasonable proportion

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Like they said it's ok but in moderation. I do believe that if you're not dieting for a show or anything and you're dieting just to get into shape to listen to your body. There's time when a craving will suddenly hit me for sweets which I take it that my blood-sugar level could be low so I'll eat some fruit if I have it or O.J. or if it's been awhile I might eat half of a candy bar. If I'm craving something greasy and agaian it's been awhile I'll cook me a burger. I've learned it's easier to eat right and stay that way if I listen to what my body's trying to tell me.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Well i agree that in moderation is good. Like someone said before i eat kinda clean but allow a meal or two of something i have been craving. But on Sat i am on my lowest carb day so Sun i am mainly carbing up some. Thing is last Sunday i noticed i eat less on my binge day then on normal. Mainly cheat day is just pizza one meal and more on my others. But last Sun i went buck wild and couldnt finish anything! I did eat two donuts. Man i was craving them for a month!!

MarkyMark is offline Member
    First off ask yourself how SERIOUS you are taking your program ! Are you going to give 100% to looking your best at the show? Do you have the discipline to compete ? Or will you not get on stage because you look like crap the night before?
    I ask these questions not to be mean, but to make you think ! If you are serious your day off will not be uncontrollable ! You will plan ahead and think of a meal or two you would enjoy . Not stuffed to the gills rather a nice small meal.

I would suggest your day off will be narrowed to nothing in the next few weeks ....

Good luck

markymark

Keightly is offline Junior Member
    i cheat as well every sunday, i look forward to it every week, it keeps me going. i eat whatever i want all day. i love it. eating is fun its part of life. i'm about 6% BF give or take, i diet my ass off all week and then cheat sunday and sometimes something little saturday night if i go to dinner with my girl or whatever. is there damage monday morning after my cheat day sunday? yea there is, but by tues or wed i am 100% back to normal, all the water from the cheating is gone and i stay motivated and sain with that cheat day. I take NWB every sunday and monday to help rid the water which is what causes most of the damage from the cheat day due to the carbs and sodium.

yellows2k is offline Member
    How about instead of a cheat day, you give yourself a cheat meal? One meal you been craving all week like a value meal from Arbys or something?

dananimal is offline Junior Member

thanks

I like the opinions. I agree with markymark. I need to think about this more seriously. And give it 100% I wont get on that stage if I look like shit and it will be a dissapointment to myself. I work so hard at the gym and with my diet, it would be only cheating myself. Im realizing that bb is a huge mental game. And to make it to the stage, will show true dedication and mental strength. I ate like shit over christmas break, and drank on new years. I am completley disgusted with myself now. and am planning to go two weeks without a cheat. Thanks for the comments.

Thread Information