nuke is offline Member

My wife has a question.

Since she has a weird schedule she can only get out to do cardio on our treadmill at night, after she eats. ( She eats by 7:00 pm)

Is it cool if she does cardio after dinner and if so how long should she wait ?

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    I would wait at least an hour..and the way I look at it is...it is not as good as cardio in the AM on an empty stomach or cardio immediately following weight training but it is better then not doing it at all. She will still benefit from it.

Big Show 23 Guest
    Yeah just tell her to wait an hour or 2 otherwise she might end up with painful stomach cramps

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member
    I would eat dinner later. See, you burn fat as fuel if there is nothing in your system. If there are carbs orany other form of energy, THAT will be used as energy instead of fat, makingthe cardio LESS useful than what it is. EAT AFTER.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    She should limit her fat intake so the meal is absorbed faster. She shouldn't do cardio on a full stomach. She should eat light - maybe an MRP by 7PM. Then after have a meal full of protein and veggies (low carb if her goal is fat loss - you didn't really say what she is trying to do).

nuke is offline Member
    She is trying to lose fat... No weight training. Just Cardio.. Which is best for her right now.

Thanks Bros !!! I told her this but she had to see it herself !! (LOL )

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Nuke Why do you say its best for her to only cardio now? Is there a physical limitation? She should build muscle too.....the more muscle she has the more productive her body will be at rest.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by Commando_Barbi
    Nuke Why do you say its best for her to only cardio now? Is there a physical limitation? She should build muscle too.....the more muscle she has the more productive her body will be at rest.
    Ditto

nuke is offline Member
    No she has no physcical limitations....She wants to do cardio right now to get back in to the swing of things....Just due to her schedule she cant comitt to a gym...She may just get a becnh and som free weights ??/ ( We'll talk about it). But she said that the "new treadmill I bought" would be good for her.

Thats all.....LOL

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Its definitly a good start......but she needs to build her muscle at the same time. She will see better results if she builds muscle too. If she's a novice a bench and some free weights are a good place to start. She can do quite a lot with dumbells.

C.B.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Nuke, I think that starting with cario alone is a good way to get into the swing of things. Once she is comfortable with a regiment that she can stick to you can then begin to think about ading some resistance training (as has already been suggested). Shoot me a PM bro and let me know what her diet is like. I may be able to make some helpful suggestion...plus you and I need to catch up

MarkyMark is offline Member
    You must wait about 2 1/2 hours after your last meal to kick in the fat burning zone ! Trust me .............

To soon she will just be utilizing the last meal's calories as fuel ...

Good luck !

MM

Thread Information