redrock is offline Member

Just started my 4 month, cutting program, its gonna be hell!

Ok, so I took the term "bulking" a little too literal and put on too many pounds. About 30 to be exact. So I am going to be eating 250 cals. (around) under my maintinance and doing cardio 5 times a week on top of my weight training.

Foods will be the usual lean protein, complex carbs, fiberous veggies and a little fruit and some pasta in there.

As far as supplements go, I have shakes, flax oil, creatine, glutamine, fiber, multi-vitamin. Are there any other fat burning supps you would reccomend? I am going to take the ECA stack after my first 6 weeks, or when I hit the first plateau in fat loss.

It's going to be especially hard because I go to college and the cafeteria food is horrible, well I take that back, its great if you like carbs and saturated fat, but they aren't really health conscious.

Any other tips for eating super clean while at college, I know that the cutting thing doesn't work unless you're doing the cardio, diet and weights so I am going to have to bust my ass. Any other comments or advice?

Stats
    male
    20 years old
    235lbs.
    6'2"
    bf 30-35% estimate
    Peace, REDROCK
    been training for 7 years
    Last edited by redrock; 12-02-2002 at 01:43 AM.

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    erm perhaps if u edited that, it may look a little more readable and we could work out what u were asking

peace

shit, i have no idea what happened there. are they hyperlinks to different places on AR? i'm gonna try and change it right now...

it WAS the hyperlinks, but somehow i think i messed up the code in the first post so the links weren't displaying properly...now it's fixed, what do you think of the diet, am i leaving out any important supps??

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I would drop the creatine as this helps retain water weight and you will lose a few pounds dropping that.You could use an ECA stack before you perform cardio.

Is that your real bodyfat level because bro that is very high

I'm pretty sure about my bf. I'll throw up a pic, you can take a guess.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I would use the eca stack, it does work. What does your typical diet consist of give an example of an entire day.

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    I would use the eca stack, it does work. What does your typical diet consist of give an example of an entire day.
    diet looks like this:

9:30AM
    eggwhites and wheat bread OR 50 grams Isopure protein with 2 packets of instant oatmeal(non-flavored)

12 Noon
    Protein Bar OR 2 chicken breasts and some white rice and veggies
    (If i had meal for breakfast, I eat the bar, If I had the shake, I eat the meal)

2:30pm
    50g Isopure protein

5:00pm
    At least 40g of lean protein, chicken, fish, turkey, etc, some veggies and a salad

7:30pm
    50g Isopure protein

10:00pm
    1 1/2 cups non-fat cottage cheese=45g protein

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    It seems like most ppl around here discover the first time they cut down ( including me ), that they regret losing too much weight too fast. Your goal should be on losing fat and keeping muscle. I think that you should strive not to lose no more then 1.5lbs/week and i've seen DR. D say u should lose no more then .75lbs/week. If u lose too much weight/week then u will lose alot of that hard earned muscle, yes its gonna take more time to lose the fat, but u will be much happier in the end.

I wouldn't worry about dropping the creatine, i'd keep it up if i were u. Water weight is more of something that u worry about when u're getting ready to compete, i think your goal is more of just to lose fat.

Keightly is offline Junior Member
    i would say deff get rid of the whites rice, eat brown rice or veggies (green) instaed and don't use the instant oatmeal use the regular kind, make sure that you are eating whole grain wheat bread, also, cut all dairy, that will make a hell of a difference, i would say even cut the cottage cheese for sure, but thats just my opion, good luck man

thecoachman is offline Associate Member
    get into Ketosis for a couple of weeks.........
    that will take care of 20-30 pounds.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I would replace the cottage cheese with another protein shake and also mix your protein shakes with water instead of milk if that;s what you're using. Other than that it looks good to me just stick with the cardio and a good eca stack and you should be set to go. Good luck and keep us posted.

Thread Information