Southern Cross is offline Associate Member

Reading all these posts

Reading all these posts makes me hungry. I decided today was the day that I'm going to start watching my diet. One observation that I have made is that you guys, the ones that I see on here all the time, really watch their diets.

Another observation and maybe it is just me, is that you are no afraid to share your sucesses with one another. If you find something that works you share it.

Here is my dilema, I work behind a desk, I have about a 1.5 hour commute and I have no idea how I can fit 6 meals in a day.

Wake up 7:00 am
    Leave for work 7:30 am
    Arrive at work 9:00 am
    Leave work 6:30 pm
    Arrive at home 8:00 pm
    Arrive at gym 8:30 pm
    Leave gym 10 pm
    In bed by 12 am

Does anyone out there have a similar schdule and is willing to help me out with a solid diet plan. I would think that as serious as many of you take training, that many of you have this stuff written down or in a electronic format?

Thanks

SC

wimp is offline Associate Member
    You can do it. Just bring all your meals to work in one big ass cooler.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    First off I am happy to see you are going to pay attentione to you diet, it will make the biggest changes in your body you will ever see. As for the timing problem, you are going to have to rely on a cooler and preping food the night before, it is how I survive, don't try to jump into it all at once, get some shakes and bars to help make 6 meals a day possible, they are very convinent. Then as you start getting into a grove start replacing a bar or shake with a whole food meal, this will make it easier in the begging and you wont get burnt out and say the hell with it.

Good Luck
    Pain

Cubber is offline Junior Member
    I have a similar, though a little better, schedule as you. Here's what I do...
    -i have replacement meals handy (bars, shakes)
    -I bought a mini fridge to keep at work
    -on Sundays I cook up packages of chicken breasts, rice, potatoe, frozen veggies to last a few days, put them all in a big tub.
    -I cook again on Wednesday night since it's not a gym night
    -I store cans of tuna, turkey breast sandwich meet, bag salad, milk, cottage cheese, bread at work.
    -my coffee, breakfast, work food, work materials are all set the night before I go to bed so there is no rush in the morning (keeps me sane)

I just realized how much work and time I spend on eating right. I must be nutz!!

Wow, an hour and a half to get to/from work... thats rough. Do you commute or drive youreslf?

Either ways, it's a good time to get some food in you. If you drive, then it's the perfect time to enjoy a protein shake or bar or even nibble on home made beef jerky. If you commute, then heck, you got over an hour to munch on anything you want.

For work, do like me... have one of your desk drawers full of cans of Tuna and salmon (my co workers think it's so funny, they say I got a fish store in my desk). If there is a fridge for the employees then you're in business! If not, go to wallymart and get a soft cooler bag and either ways bring lots of pre-cooked stuff.

I eat almost everything cold, makes things a lot simpler!

Oh and be sure you ALWAYS have post workout protein shake in your gym bag. It's the most important of the day.

Red

OH!!! And I forgot, 2 usefull tricks!

1 - If you can, get a food scale and WEIGH all your portions! (you would be amazed how often you over/under eat).

2 - LOG LOG LOG eveything you eat! It takes time but is well worth the effort.

Red

You guys are great! Thanks for the advice. Maybe there is a way to get 6 meals in.

Red to answer your question, I drive in. A few years ago the wife wanted to move into the burbs while I worked downtown. Easy for her to say as she just commutes to Starbucks, Panera, Target, Giant Eagle and pre-school for the boys.

The suggestion of the cooler and the cooler in the office are great. I have an office to myself so I could pick up a cooler and stick it in there.

Another problem is the guys I work with like to go out to eat, any suggestions?

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    You can eat out healthy, just stay away from the pasta dishes, mainly go for chicken that has been grilled with no sauces (they are always a killer) also ask to have some of the fattier sides replaced with veggies, they will always do this for you. BTW fast food is a no-no. haha

Pain

yellows2k is offline Member

Re: Reading all these posts

Originally posted by Southern Cross
    Reading all these posts makes me hungry. I decided today was the day that I'm going to start watching my diet. One observation that I have made is that you guys, the ones that I see on here all the time, really watch their diets.

Another observation and maybe it is just me, is that you are no afraid to share your sucesses with one another. If you find something that works you share it.

Here is my dilema, I work behind a desk, I have about a 1.5 hour commute and I have no idea how I can fit 6 meals in a day.

Wake up 7:00 am
    Leave for work 7:30 am
    Arrive at work 9:00 am
    Leave work 6:30 pm
    Arrive at home 8:00 pm
    Arrive at gym 8:30 pm
    Leave gym 10 pm
    In bed by 12 am

Does anyone out there have a similar schdule and is willing to help me out with a solid diet plan. I would think that as serious as many of you take training, that many of you have this stuff written down or in a electronic format?

Thanks

SC
    -7am meal 1
    -10am MRP meal 2
    -1pm lunch meal 3
    -4 pm 15 minute break? eat lunch that u make at home and take to work meal 4
    -8pm meal 5
    -10-1030pm when u come home from gym meal 6(post workout)
    -1130pm meal 7

No more fast food, EVER.....On sundays cook all your rice and what not then microwave and take to work, or wake up at 630am and make some food to take to work...

I agree with pain, one can eat out properly, it just takes a little effort to stay away from the evil lures of the yummy "bad for you" stuff.

Grilled meats like chicken, beef, pork, fishes... they are all delicious and are just what the doctored ordered, drop the fries or sautéed galic mushrooms (hmmm drool!) and have a healthy side dish of steamed veggies and you're in business.

Eating out healthy now and then is actually not that bad, and I find it's a welcome change from all that damm tuna and chicken

Red

Re: Re: Reading all these posts

Originally posted by yellows2k

-7am meal 1
    -10am MRP meal 2
    -1pm lunch meal 3
    -4 pm 15 minute break? eat lunch that u make at home and take to work meal 4
    -8pm meal 5
    -10-1030pm when u come home from gym meal 6(post workout)
    -1130pm meal 7

No more fast food, EVER.....On sundays cook all your rice and what not then microwave and take to work, or wake up at 630am and make some food to take to work...

How many calories per meal? Should they be evenly divided or more in the mornings and less in the evenings?

You guys sure put a lot of emphasis on the post workout meal.

yellows2k is offline Member
    Yes for the most part, it should be even with a portion of fats, carbs, and protein with every meal....I suggest more carbs during the earlier part of the day...

what websites to you go to to look up the nutritional make up for food? (i.e. 1 jumbo egg white = ????)

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl

Your tax dollars at work love the USDA

Red

Thread Information